Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I've posted on the Librarium forums, first time posting on the Necrons forums. I recently started a new Necrons army in 6th edition after finding I have no interest in my 2 main armies (Blood Angels and Eldar) after the new 6th edition updates. Here is my first shot at making a 1k Necrons list.

HQ
-Necron Lord w/ Res Orb - 65

-Necron Lord w/ Res Orb - 65

Fast Attack

-5x Scarab Swarm - 75

Troops

-20x Warriors - 260

-10x Immortals w/ Tesla - 170

Heavy Support

-Annihilation Barge - 90

-Annihilation Barge - 90

-Doomsday Ark - 175

990 pts total

Let me know what you think, and constructive criticism and advice is greatly appreciated :).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi, I'm pretty new to this myself and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think u can have lords as your HQ choice, they have to be part of the royal court. Cheapest choice is an overlord

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's actually my bad on that one, I read the Royal Court rules wrong, still learning the codex ><. Must have glanced over the rule, but it says that you have to have an overlord or a named HQ to take a Royal Court, what I was doing is running a court with just 2 lords. Like I said just read the rules wrong :/...here's a new list to look at

HQ
-Overlord w/ Rez Orb, Mindshackle Scarabs, Sempternal Weave - 150

-Necron Lord (Royal Court w/ Overlord) w/ Rez Orb - 65

Fast Attack

-6x Scarab Swarm - 90

Troop

-20x Warrior - 260

-10x Immortal w/ Tesla - 170

Heavy

-Doomsday Ark - 175

-Annihilation Barge w/ Tesla - 90

Should come out to exactly 1k if my math works out correctly. Overlord w/ Immortals, Lord w/ Warriors. Hopefully this follows the rules a bit better, thanks for pointing out that rule that I somehow overlooked o_O, you'd think after playing this game for as long as I have a rule like that wouldn't fly over my head :/. O well mistakes happen...lmk what you think :).

·
Registered
139 Posts
The amount of info you have to learn for this game is nuts, I've pretty much got the codex memorized but the Rulebook is another story. I started collecting months ago and with all the building, painting and rule reading, I'm yet to have a game!

Looks to me like your a man building an army for £106 :) from what I understand, scarabs are a little redundant now that Gauss weapons cause glancing hits, unless you are building an army around them like a scarab farm. Same with the doom ark, if they move they loose weapon strength, but if they don't move they don't get jink so u need to build an army to protect them. Also the heavy slot is very strong, with barges and doom scythes. Might be better making a ghost ark with the kit as it will see more use going forward, or better still a few well placed magnets gets you both.

Best bit of advice is to pick up a box of praetorians, use the left over deathmark parts with the praetorians and convert some easy harbingers, it saves you a load of cash and gets you some strong versatile units.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay Ive made a few changes to my list after looking some more things over, let me know what everyone thinks :).

HQ

-Overlord w/ Rez Orb, Warscythe, Weave, Mindshackle Scarabs - 160

Troop

-10x2 Warrior w/ Ghost Ark - 245 EA

-10 Immortals - 170

Heavy

-2x Annihilation Barge - 180

·
Registered
470 Posts
What you could also do, maybe, is to make your warriors into 2 squads of 5 in a ghost ark and a squad of 10 walking. If you place the arks on either side you can use their ability to revive dead walkers and be able to fire at more targets.

But the list looks good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts