Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ^^

I'm at the time being an 'Oomie player, heavily mechanised to boot, and am now planning my second army. Seeing as i've always had a love for the old greenskins (O&G was my first army in Warhammer), I thoguht i'd let them go next! ^^
I find that theese will work nicely as a counter-point to my mechanized force of IG (My 1k list includes 26 Infantry models... ^^'). To truly make them a counter point, I figured i'd go for the large horde approach. This is also the way I find Orks being interesting to play with ^^

So, to start things up, here's my first 1k list ^^

HQ 115
Big Mek 115
Burna
Cybork
Kustom Force Field

Troops 699
25 Shoota Boyz 210
2 Rokkitz
Nob wiv’ Power klaw
an’ Boss pole

25 Shoota Boyz 210
2 Rokkitz
Nob wiv’ Power klaw
an’ Boss pole

25 Shoota Boyz 210
2 Rokkitz
Nob wiv’ Power klaw
an’ Boss pole

19 Gretchin 69
Runtherd

Fast Attack 105
Warbuggy 35
Twin-linked Rokkitz

Warbuggy 35
Twin-linked Rokkitz

Warbuggy 35
Twin-linked Rokkitz

Heavy Support 80
Killa Kan 40
Skorcha

Killa Kan 40
Skorcha

Infantry: 96

Vehicles: 5

There we have it ^^

We have the Mek to give the whole army of Boyz+ Kanz and Grotz a 5+ Cover save and Obscured target and to lend a hand in CC with 4 Power weapon attacks or a template before the assault ^^

We have three mobs of 25 Shoota Boyz with rokkitz and the mandatory Nob to give me a good and solif base of troops, being able to lay down a hail of gunfire to Infantry/MC's, throw a few S8 shots towards transports and then once close and personal either rip a Land Raider in two or smack a Daemon down with the PK ^^. I know many of you dislike the Rokkitz, but really, I find that if you include them in numbers they'll be quite a lot more practical than the Big Shoota. I mean, the Big Shoota is yet another weapon to bring down Infantry with, which is something i've already got in the form of 22 Shootas. While the Rokkitz allow me to pop open that Chimera/Rhino and reveal all the goodiness inside ^^

We have a mob of 19 Gretchin + a Runtherd to serve as the well known living shield, giving my whole front of boyz a 4+ CS until the shield is withered down, meanign they'd have to fal back to their lousy (sarcasm) CS of 5+.
They will fulfill all the normal roles of assault-stoppers and such. And since i'll be deploying one of them close enough to the KFF, they'll have a 5+ CS to save them from some shooting ^^

We have three Rokkit-buggies to perform all manner of tasks. From taking down light vehicles to leaving their wrecks around as roadblocks for vehicles, theese will always find some kind of role to play.

Then, lastly, we have two Killa Kanz with Skorchas. Theese will be deployed infront of the Mobz, behind the Gretchin to work as an assault-deterer, a vehicle popper and a nice way to drive someone out of cover. In the worst case scenario theese will simply be an annoyance to assaulting troops ^^

Deployment will be simple:
The three Shoota mobz will form up next to eachother wit the Big Mek in the middle one.
The Kanz will take place infront of the Mobz, looking scary and becoming Obscured Targets from the KFF.
The Gretchin will form a line infront of theese, giving the Orks a 4+ CS.
The Buggies will zoom arouind wherever they want, being annoying an trying to get in a flank shot or so ^^

Now, I ask you for your help and expertise ^^

Cheers ^^

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Not bad, although I'd flip the weapons on the killa kans and buggies. Give skorchas to the buggies, since they're fast enough to get in close range, and give rokkits or kmbs to the killa kans. Also, because of kill points, you should probably group the buggies into one unit, or else you'll have trouble winning that mission.

I'd also consider making at least one of the units of boyz 30 in number, even if it means cutting down one or both of the other units, just to give the unit a 3rd rokkit.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.