1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is my army so far.... please give me soem advice

HQ:
Warboss- 2 choppas, bosspole, heavy armour, bionik bounce = 85
5 nobz- 2x Kombi Shoota/skorcha/slugga, slugga/powerclaw, sulgga/waaagh banner, slugga/choppa, 5x bosspoles, 5x heavy armor = 118
Trukk- 2x Big Shootas = 48

Elites:
20 Flash Gitz- 4x big shoota, more dakka
Nob- big shoota = 315

Troops:
30 Slugga Boyz- 3 rokkits
Nob- bosspole, slugga, choppa = 299
10 Burna Boyz- 4 burnas = 114

Are there any major changes or should make to my list... or even minor changes...
I mostly play against Spacemarines(DA, Nilla) and Eldar.

Im definitly getting a Mekboy for my burna squad. And im hopefully guna get a Leman Russ. Maybe 2 squads of Kans too.... or maybe Looted Snipers (that could be interesting... and fun on the battle field!) Im aslo thinking of making my Slugga Boyz into 2 squads. I have an extra Rokkit so i can have 2 in each squad.

what do you think? should i change some of it... or what do you think i should get next? all help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well you got the right idea put there are a couple of things wrong.

1. Your warboss has 2 choopas. Theirs no point to that. Give him a choppa and a big shoota. You might want to get rid of the trukk alltogether because its the only one in the army.

2. Give all people that have access to the armoury big shootas.

3. I think the biggest advantage to collecting orks is overwhealming the enemy. Therefore I would get rid of the flash gitz and get more slugga boyz.

4. The boss wartrukk can't have two big shootas.

5. Get a squad of five burna boyz and get four burnas, hide them within the mobs of boyz. (4 flamer shots is devastating, or 12 power weapon hits).

6. Consider some tankbustas because you have no anti-armor. Or get killer kans.

For the eldar and space marines close combat will win most of your games. Just don't get into firepits.

A well put together ork army can beat anything.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Orks don't have to have grots and nobz for a good army.
Just get lots of boyz and burnas and you'll do fine.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont have grots and all that fancy stuff cause i have very limited money. the only reson i have the Nobz trukk and Heavy wepons is causei picked them up at an Auction for cheap. cept for the Trukk. My buddy gave me a buggie but i didnt like it so i killed it and converted it into a trukk

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Just a little advice, if you want to use Grotz but think they're too expensive (which they are) just use WFB goblins. You'd have to give em some guns to count as blastas though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@Jul 15 2003, 05:28
Just a little advice, if you want to use Grotz but think they're too expensive (which they are) just use WFB goblins. You'd have to give em some guns to count as blastas though.
thats exactly what i was going to do. i got the idea from a guy at the local GW who used them as Grot Oilers, because of the cloaks they look liek apprentices. then i took a look at a pack of 40k Grots and i was like WHOA!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Two squads of Kans! Oh my, that would be interesting. I only have one squad of 3, and have only dreamed of ever throwing down six and watching my opponent crap him/herself. Jeez, and for only 270 points, that might not be a bad idea. Oh, and a looted Lemun Russ would probably be hot to give your army an added kick in the pants :w

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.