Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought Black reach of course to get started. My buddy is hooking me up with another tac squad, assault marine squad, jump pack chaplain, & I'm sure plenty of bits to customize them if needed.

I have the following to work with and have a rough list from this

Captain(Bolt pistol+Relic blade+artificer armor+digital weapons)
9 Tac Marines(7 Bolters+Missile launcher+Flamer)
>Sergeant(Powerfist+Bolt pistol)
> Razorback(Lascannon/TL Plasmagun+Extra armor)
725points

Chaplain(digital weapons+jump pack)
9 Assault Marines(bolt pistols+chainswords)
>Sergeant(powerfist+storm shield)
335points

5 Termies (4 storm bolters+1 with assault cannon+5 Powerfists)
>Sergeant(Power sword+Storm bolter)
Dreadnought (MultiMelta+CCW+Storm bolter+Extra armor)
Dreadnought (TL AutoCannon+TL AutoCannon+Extra armor)
515points

Thoughts? I have to buy a dreadnought and 2 razorbacks still, but the rest I should have my hands on easily. Thinking maybe a vindicator or a predator would be nice eventually (probably not soon).

·
494 Posts
You're over 1500. I'd drop the LC/TPG on the razorbacks because they don't seem worth it. Rhino's with extra storm bolters can move and fire, carry a whole squad if needed, and can repair if they get immobilized. They can also keep shooting if they get a weapon destroyed result...for what it's worth. :)

I tend to think the dreads (and potentially the captain) will get left behind since everyone else is mounted and will be moving into positions ahead of them. That may not be a problem for the double autocannon dread, but the one with the Multi-melta and Fist should either drop pod or be dropped from the list (or given long range weapons to help with fire support--twin lascannon and missile launcher would be a good compliment to the autocannons.

Reactions: realitycheque

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Captain(Bolt pistol+Relic blade+artificer armor+digital weapons)
You're not getting a second attack from the bolt pistol, so I'd swap that (and the digiweapons) for a combimelta or flamer. Preferably melta, so he can deal with rogue tanks.
As grotstompa says, this RB weapon is less than ideal. Anything more than a heavy bolter and it becomes an expensive target.
Same here. I'd give this squad a melta instead of a flamer if you've got the bits.
Chaplain(digital weapons+jump pack)
9 Assault Marines(bolt pistols+chainswords)
>Sergeant(powerfist+storm shield)
What, no flamers? They are your friend :) You can buy them by dropping the weapons on the RBs, that'll free up a lot of points. I also wouldn't bother with the storm shield, keep your pistol instead.
5 Termies (4 storm bolters+1 with assault cannon+5 Powerfists)
>Sergeant(Power sword+Storm bolter)
Good.
Dreadnought (MultiMelta+CCW+Storm bolter+Extra armor)
Again, as grotstompa suggested this will probably get left behind. Either tool it up for longer range or get a drop pod (you should still have points left from the RBs)
Dreadnought (TL AutoCannon+TL AutoCannon+Extra armor)
Good, one of my favourite combinations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.