Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new WFB player, as in I've never played a game and I'm still grey on the rules.. Mostly just read about how the game is played and still trying to wrap my head around all the rules. I'm a 40k player and I'm just looking for a little something new.

There's a tournament coming up at my game store in January and I plan to win it! I've been called out by some of the guys there and I'm going to lay it down!

Here goes...

Lord 390
Skink Priest 390
-lvl 2
-engine of the gods

Core 310

18 Saurus Warriors 240
-standard bearer
-champ

10 Skink Skirmishers 70

Special 300
8 Cold One Cavalry 300
-standard bearer

comments, concerns?
just really wanna lay it down when I go..
keep in mind I bought a battle box and I'm going to buy a steg before then also, so if you think I should bring 50 Skinks, too bad, lol

basically going for a cheap (cost effective) army
and $200 for a 1k army is pretty nice imo.

Basically the Skinks will meat shield the Saurs while the cold ones take 1 flank and the engine takes another... if I can find some good cover, the skinks will end up there instead and shoot down big targets while the engine and priest take down hordes and the cold ones take hit the flak of an attacker hopefully...

what are some good tactics here?
(also for $50 more, I can just add a slann and templeguard for a fun 2k match later on) :turtle: :?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Lizardmen heroes are just so strong you should not look away on them. An EotG is strong but is a really big point investement in a so small game. Also you will suffer from spells with a list with almost no magic defense, you need at least a dispel scroll if not 2.

You do not need so much cavalry to be effective, 5-6 is good enough. I play 6 of them with standard, musician, and war banner in a 2250 point list and I think they will be as good in a 1k list. If you add a scar veteran you only go with 5.

1 unit of skinks is always good to screen your other units, and they cost so little it's a joke.

If a where to play a 1k army that uses only the battle force this would be my list:

1 Skink priest, lvl2 upgrade, dispel scroll, diadem of power
1 Scar Veteran, sword of battle, maiming shield, light armor, mounted on a cold one (1+ save, 6 attacks!!!)
1 Scar veteran, burning blade of chotek, enchanted shield, mounted on a cold one (0+ save)

16 Saurus warriors, standard, musician, champion (one scar veteran joins them), set them 6 wide with 3 ranks

10 skinks skirmishers

5 Cold One riders, standard, musician, champion, war banner (one scar veteran joins them)

With the bits on the cold one sprues you can easily make the scar veterans on cold ones and they look nice (thats what I did). With this list you only have to buy a skink priest or if you still buy a stegaddon one priest is included in the box.

·
4,361 Posts
I think I would just knock off the command models in the warriors and a couple of cold ones. That would get you the points for a banner for the cold ones (I like the sun standard), and a scroll for the priest. Otherwise, looks like a viable list.

Good luck,
SirKently

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Updated list,

Hero 295
Scar Vet 155
-cold one
-sword of battle
-maiming shield

Skink Priest 140
-lvl 2 wiz
-plaque of tepok
-dispell scroll

Core 310

18 Saurus Warriors 240
-spears
-champ
-standard

10 Skink Skirmishers 70

Special 240

5 Cold One Cavalry 240
-champion
-standard bearer
--jaguar standard

I have 155 points left over and I'm stuck... what does my army need?
I have only purchased the Battle Box, so that's all I own for now
I will buy a priest, but I can just make the mounted scar vet..
but for 155 points or so, what can I add for cheap that will be effective?
And I was thinking, do I make the scar vet a BSB? or does my high LD not really need one at this point lvl?

I was thinking for 155, a unit of swarms? I can make them from nothing, would just cost a bag of bases... just looking for a cheap option, not looking to buy a unit of terradon riders for $20 a pop... maybe someday heh. but not now.

any thoughts? thanks :turtle: :?

·
Registered
31 Posts
you could always add another skink priest in and I would probably change the layout of the other one slighty,

skink priest (135)
- lvl 2
- plaque of tepok
- power stone?

skink priest (150)
- lvl 2
- dispel scroll
- rod of the storm

I think that puts your army at 990 the additional points could be used to give the scar veteran light armour, A bsb isnt really mandatory at 1000 points, well ive never found it is anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.