Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Getting back into fantasy after about a year in hiatus, and planning to kick it off with a local 1k tournie. The rules are you are only allowed two Heros, two Special, and 1 Rare, with that said, here is my list:

BSB + Warhorse + Banner of the Lady + Virtue of Discipline
= 189 pts.

Damsel Lv1 + 1 Dispel Scroll + Barded Warhorse
= 109 pts.

5 KotR + MUS.
= 128 pts.

5 KotR + MUS.
= 128 pts.

5 KotR + Full Command
= 148 pts.

5 Knights Errant + MUS.
= 107 pts.

5 Mounted Yeomen + MUS. + Banner + Shields
= 101 pts.

12 Skirmishing Bowmen + MUS.
= 89 pts.

TOTAL = 999 pts.

There seems to have been quite a bit of action since I have been out of the loop, with the release of Vamps, Demons, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, and now Beastmen, and I would like to know how this list would fare against some of those power armies I have been hearing about through the grapevine.

Should I swap the Bowmen for a Treb? Is MSU knights still viable? My BSB gives me a static combat res. of 5 but is that worth it in a 1000 pts. game? With only two Heros allowed in the tournie, do I have enough anti-magic on the table?

Anyways, if you got this far thanks for reading and if you have any advice please feel free to give it :)

For the ladies!

·
Registered
168 Posts
The BSB with Banner of the Lady is a big NO NO NO ! The banner is too expensive for a 1k point game imo. Try use virtue of duty or keep the discipline AND equip him abit to make him defensible and more effective in combat.

Remove 1 Kotr unit and enlarge the knights errant unit and give them the errantry banner.

i think the rest is okay

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha ha, thanks miawmiaw, a little late though :)

I actually came first in the tournament and the BSB really did do a number on the big units. But if I had to play the HE MSU army I definitely would have lost... luckily someone else did the dirty work for me heh, heh, heh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.