Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mum used to collect 1p coins, and shes found it again, she doesnt want it so she gave it to me. Shes calls warhammer 40000 that stupid game. Anyways, this is really unfair, but who really cares. Im wondering about this collection, any scenery i can make out of them. Ive got about 100, i.e. £1.

Any ideas, no matter how stupid r welcome!

Baros

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I used 2d coins in the bases of my plastic minitaures to add weight, I imagine 1d would work, just not as heavy. You could make a single land mine on each one, with the surface finished to match your playing field. Then you could use them as a mine field of any dimensions you want. Also, as markers with skulls, gravestones or such on them.

·
Registered
245 Posts
to put weight nto models i'd use magnets instead caus it becomes so easy to transport your models, just stick them on a metal plate...

maybe you could use them as wheels....
viking shields (like they hanged on their drakars)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Mines sounds cool...

But viking shields as you say... hmm doesn't that make you wonder why your models worship the british queen?

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
What about making a huge skull and using them as eyes (peint them red) And have the jaw as the entrance to an underground temple....

:)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
land mines sound cool! im at work on a prototype now! i always mnake 1 first, see how it looks before making more. gravestones sound gd as well, im thinking of a gd game for that, if you go into the graveyard, you roll a dice, and on a 1 your model has to save or be killed. Thoughts on this, like imobilisation rule for vehicles, except on troops and elites.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good thought, but it sounds xtremely complicated. They are very hard to glue, with the super glue and everything.

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
yer i suppose. Maybe you could support them

they would make quite a good steel bridge

OR stick one on top of a cocktail stick, and paint it like a steet sign

I dunno, just another idea

**Just stick with the mine feild!!**

:)

·
1,019 Posts
Baros:
Why do they die if they walk into a graveyard? Heart attack? Friendly fire?

rofl some space marines.

"Hey Gelius..."

"Yeah"

"I thought saw something move in that grave over there!!!"

"Nonsense."

"No REALLY i saw something. Didnt you see that movie Brother Marius had? Freaking Zombie Daemons from Outer Space. Its a true story!"

"Would you just stop! Its all nonsense non of its true."

"It is! They come out of the ground and claw out your eyes. Then they nibble at your Proganoid gland..."

"Look, Brother Marius is a spooky freak. Dont listen to him."

"Well if he's such a freak then why...AAAArrrggg! Its behind you! *Raarrrkk*Raarrrkk*Raarrrkk*Raarrrkk* (sound of bolter fire)

*thud*

"Nnnggg! My hearts!" *second thud*

"What the hell happened here sergeant?"

"Well Sir. It seems that one Marine shot the other, then suffered a massive stroke to both of his hearts."

"I see. Damn these graveyards."

"Hush"

"What is it?"

"SIR BEHIND YOU *Raarrrkk*Raarrrkk*Raarrrkk*Raarrrkk*"

*spooky music*
The curse of the graveyard. Coming to a cinemahive near you!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:eek:

erm... very creative!!!

but no, they die from being attacked by the undead, falling into a deep grave and breaking their back, being ambushed by the dead secretely working though neither know it for the opposition etc.

·
1,019 Posts
Ok... :lol:
Just wanted tp be clear on the reason for the auto-slaying.

·
1,019 Posts
Oh i was just having fun...

Thought it was quite good actually :D

But yes...1p coin scenery.
Hmm...
The landmine bit sounds good.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Could you glue them together and add textured paint, Little stacks up to waist height, a bit of flock and static grass base it on a cd, now you have a little firing position. ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats quite good, but all my coins are gone now, i made a civilised world table with mdf, polestyrene and of course the money. The table has a graveyard in the middle, and is designed for a strongpoint attack mission. Usually one side would be villanous/bad, so they will deploy in the graveyard! logical isnt it? ;)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Woulden't they be nice as manhole lids in cityfight terrain?
It could work, don't blame me if it's to small...haven't got a clue how big those things are...

·
Registered
348 Posts
You could make some insane Engilsh Daemon world, with random British coins sticking from the ground and a giant statue of a horned Tony Blair in the middle. Or a daemonic version of Nelson's column.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok first of all...

Revenant: this forum is not a speed typing forum so please try to write properly without too may misspellings....

Secondly: I do not want any moral attack on british people in this forum.
Yes I agree that the idea could be there, but try to keep those ideas for yourself ok?

Back to topic...

I finally got an impression of what the 1p coins look like, yeah yeah I know they were round!
But...I ccan't say they are very useful in modeling... only thing I can think of is to maybe use them as counter weights under minis...sort of stopping from falling over.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.