Leman Battle w/Lascannon
Leman Demolisher w/Heavy Flamer

Total 1000pts

·
Registered
195 Posts
It seems as you're going for a static gunline kind of list, right? ^^

HQ:
Well, the CCS is quite ok, but i'd consider investing in some Camo cloaks and maybe a Heavy weapon of some sort and the Plasmas are most effective mechanized, imo. But they can work quite well anyways. If they have this they can lend to the ranged mayhem to. The Vox is quite practical in theese kinds of lists. Maybe finding some points for a Regimental Standard could also be nice, helps keep the army in line.

TROOPS:
PCS looks good, GL will add some horde/transport support.

The Infantry squads on the other hand... How have you planned to group theese? I'd advice in grouping them in two squads of 20, one with AC's and the other with LC's.
In this way you can drop the voxes of the second squads, saving you 5pts.

I myself prefer GL+AC over the Flamer+AC. I find it a lot more practical due to the extended range, and the fact that you won't be assaulting all to many things in cover. Give the LC guys GL's to, plasmas a waste on Infantry Squads.

The Chimelta is a good choice, BUT, seeing as it is your only light av thing except for the Sentinels, it's going to get shot down, fast. Either you get the CCS a Chimera and include another Chimelta squad (Pts for this would be granted from dropping the LRBT and the Sentinels). Or, you could exchange them with another Infantry Platoon. If you drop the LC squad out of the first you could make both squads PCS + 3 Infantry Squads, one with AC's and the other with LC's. Pts could be found from dropping the LRBT.

FAST ATTACK:

I'd give the AC's instead, much more effective in my experience ^^. Better at taking out transports due to having more shots.

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Don't squadron theese up, at all.

I'd actually advice in dropping the LRBT in favor of something else (as stated earlier). If you want to keep it, drop the LC. Keep theese guys with Heavy flamers, and MAYBE a Heavy bolter on the LRBT, but I prefer Heavy flamer.

Well, hope it helps ^^

Good luck in your games! ^^

Cheers ^^

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
HQ

CCS - 100pts
3 Plasma Guns
Vox - Caster
I would either give these guys a lascannon and 2 plasmas or an autocannon and 2 grenade launchers. An Astropath is also near-mandatory. Camo-cloaks wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Troops

PCS - 50pts
3 Grenade Launchers
Vox - Caster

Infantry Squad 1 - 65pts
Autocannon
Flamer
Vox- Caster

Infantry Squad 2 - 65pts
Autocannon
Flamer
Vox - Caster

Infantry Squad 3 - 65pts
Autocannon
Grenade Launcher
Vox - Caster

Infantry Squad 4 - 85pts
Lascannon
Plasma Gun
Vox - Caster

Veterans - 160pts
3 Meltas
Chimera
Vox - Caster
You've already got 2 platoons going on here, so ditch the veterans and equip your PCSs like this:

125 - PCS w/4 x Melta, Chimera (Hull Heavy Flamer)

They're cheaper than a Vet squad and will hit with just as many meltas, on average, as a more typical Vet Chimelta. Use the points saved to get a commissar for each blob to keep them from running when spit at.

Personally I don't like Vox-Casters because of the absurdly short range. It's a rare tourney table that has enough cover for 3 squads. Let alone one where the cover is concentrated enough to deploy everyone together.

Fast Attack

Scout Sentinel Squadron - 80pts
Missle Launcher
Find a way to take a third Sentinel and give them autocannons. Missile Launchers cost more and do less than autocannons.

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Squardon - 330pts
Leman Battle w/Lascannon
Leman Demolisher w/Heavy Flamer

Total 1000pts
You really only need one Demolisher or Vanilla Russ at 1K. I'd trade the vanilla Russ for an Eradicator or a Hellhound for cover-denied hoard killing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HQ

CCS - 110pts
3 Plasma Guns
Camo- Cloaks

Lord Commissar - 90pts
Boltgun
Carapace Armor
Camo-Cloak

Troops

PCS - 125pts
4 Meltas
Chimera w/Hull Heavy Flamer

Infantry Squad 1 - 65pts
Autocannon
Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad 2 - 65pts
Autocannon
Grenade Launcher

PCS - 125pts
4 Meltas
Chimera w/Hull Heavy Flamer

Infantry Squad 3 - 75pts
Lascannon
Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad 4 - 75pts
Lascannon
Grenade Launcher

Fast Attack

Scout Sentinel Squadron - 120pts
3 Autocannon

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Squardon - 150pts
Leman Battle w/Heavy Flamer

Total 1000pts

I already have a leman russ battle tank so thats why i'm keeping it. I bought it before i was getting into the warhammer sorta as a nice model to put together lol. The Lord Commissar is for teh fluff story I'm gonna create for this =P.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
HQ:
The CCS looks fine but 3 plasma guns might draw alot of unwanted attention to your best order givers. I never really give them more than 2 special weapons if they're on foot.

Commissar. Drop this guy. 've tried to make him effective in my own lists and unfortunatly it just doesn't work. e's too expensive for what you get out of him. You could take 2 Commissars, each with a power weapon for your blobed infantry squads for the same price as one guy who can be picked out in combat.

TROOPS:

Looking good. I'd consider giving the Lascannon squads and the CCS a Vox as these guys need those twin linking orders the most. Other than that it's looking good.

FAST:

Looking good here too.

HEAVY:

2 Russ in 1000pts is fairly mean but if you want to go with it go with it. Considering some of the other Heavy support options instead of the vanilla russ might be an idea. 2 Griffons for hoard killing or 2 Hydras for taking out pesky Eldar and hoards of Ork vehicles.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
There is no model for the Eradicator (The Heavy Support Hellhound) so you could simply use a "counts as" standard Russ model in addition to your Demolisher.

That's what I'm doing. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HQ:
The CCS looks fine but 3 plasma guns might draw alot of unwanted attention to your best order givers. I never really give them more than 2 special weapons if they're on foot.

Commissar. Drop this guy. 've tried to make him effective in my own lists and unfortunatly it just doesn't work. e's too expensive for what you get out of him. You could take 2 Commissars, each with a power weapon for your blobed infantry squads for the same price as one guy who can be picked out in combat.

TROOPS:

Looking good. I'd consider giving the Lascannon squads and the CCS a Vox as these guys need those twin linking orders the most. Other than that it's looking good.

FAST:

Looking good here too.

HEAVY:

2 Russ in 1000pts is fairly mean but if you want to go with it go with it. Considering some of the other Heavy support options instead of the vanilla russ might be an idea. 2 Griffons for hoard killing or 2 Hydras for taking out pesky Eldar and hoards of Ork vehicles.
Well, I sorta wanted to keep plasma for threat against MCs, but considering if I drop the Lord Commissar and free up 10 more points I could give them a Valkyrie or give them a chimera and throw around the last few points on my squads. I still like the idea of having two russes but I'm droping it to have a bit more fire power on the infantry.
If I get rid of a plasma, I could give one vox-caster and then give two commissars to the infantry squads. I like the Hydras but I can figure out hw the hell I'm gonna make that considering there is no model (something like using a chimera body and adding 4 screws to it to make it look like it has four AA guns?).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts