Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Acting XO of Tanith 1st
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and some friends are starting a necro campaign and here's my first necro gang (delaque). I'm feeling like i have too many mercenaries (i love underhive scum, I want to use the special edition inquisitor model for the guy with the plasma pistol) but overall I feel like its decently sound. Any comments?

Gang leader w/bolt pistol and chain sword 165

4x gangers w/lasgun 75 each

4x juves w/autopistol, knife 40 each

heavy w/flamer, laspistol, knife 115

heavy w/heavy stubber, knife 195

Mercenary Scum M:4 WS:3 BS:5 S:3 T:3 W:1 I:4 A:2 LD:8 w/knife, plasma pistol, laspistol
..................Skills: Quick Draw

Mercenary Scum M:4 WS:4 BS:3 S:4 T:4 W:1 I:5 A:1 LD:7 w/knife, 2x bolt pistols
................Skills: Gunfighter

Mercenary Scum M:4 WS:4 BS:4 S:3 T:3 W:1 I:5 A:1 LD:7 w/knife, 2x bolt pistols
..............Skills: Gunfighter, Quick Draw

Mercenary Rat Skin M:4 WS:3 BS:3 S:3 T:3 W:1 I:4 A:1 LD:9
...............w/Multiple knives, club, blindsnake pouch, shotgun

Total: 995
Stash: 5
XP/Mercenary worth: 591

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would suggest swapping out one of your mercenaries for another ganger. You need 5 IN ACTION gangers to generally maximize your income after a fight. Granted, your vents only get you 10 credits of income, so you can ignore that territory as far as income goes without too much worry, but if you get even one ganger put Out Of Action (OOA), then you're down to only getting income from 3 territories. Not good, even with one of them getting you 2D6x10 credits.

It looks like your gangers are all relatively long-range shooters though, so you probably have a good chance of making it through a fight without loosing one if you're careful. Looks like a nice gang, and if your Juves level quickly, you won't need to worry about too few gangers. But, if your Hired Scum are doing most of the close-up fighting, your Juves might be slow to advance.

The other thing is the Leader with a Chainsword. The chainsword hits with Str 4 which isn't an improvement over a club (much cheaper and hits with str+1= 4 =same as Chainsword ). I prefer to take a club for the Leader and then buy swords for the next game if I want the Parry ability.

All in all pretty nice!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would swap at least one of those lasguns for a shotgun. From my experiance you can't go wrong with them (unless, that is, you're playing on a "flat" board) - especially if you buy manstoppers. Naturally we're usually playing in a terrain heavy enviroment, so it may be a personal feeling. Still, considering that Delaque are both stealthy and agile - shotguns could prove themselves later (when you have means to deal with shorter range).

And, indeed you have way too much merc's - they'll be eating 60 creds after each game ! Woe betide if you won't accumulate that amount. In addition, they won't gainy any experiance at all - too bad. Probably you'll do better with additional ganger.

I would wait with recruting mercs until you'll gangers get some advances.

·
1,109 Posts
60 creds is way to much too be spending per game on scum. It looks like you need more gangers to work your territories. You would already be only able to work 4, but if any of your gangers go out of action during the game you’re earning even less, and with so few creds you’d be having a hard time paying for all your hired guns.

I usually only field 1 scum or ratskin at a time, and usually only for the first 1 or 2 games with a gang, as it gives you a slight edge to have a capable/expendable fighter.
If I know I am facing a nasty gang like Spyer hunters next round I try and hire 2 scums. They make great bait and it’s not so bad when a spyre tears them apart.

I also don’t usually take 2 heavies to start, or if I do I equip one with a basic weapon to keep costs down. A second heavy is nice to have if you capture an enemy heavy or special weapon.

Your list will do well in the first game, but it would be all down hill from then on.

·
Acting XO of Tanith 1st
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me and some friends are starting a necro campaign and here's my first necro gang (delaque). I'm feeling like i have too many mercenaries (i love underhive scum, I want to use the special edition inquisitor model for the guy with the plasma pistol) but overall I feel like its decently sound. Any comments?

Gang leader w/bolt pistol and chain sword 165

4x gangers w/lasgun 75 each

Ganger w/shotgun 70 pts

4x juves w/autopistol, knife 40 each

heavy w/flamer, laspistol, knife 115

heavy w/plasmagun, knife 145

Mercenary Scum M:4 WS:3 BS:5 S:3 T:3 W:1 I:4 A:2 LD:8 w/knife, plasma pistol, laspistol
..................Skills: Quick Draw

Mercenary Rat Skin M:4 WS:3 BS:3 S:3 T:3 W:1 I:4 A:1 LD:9
...............w/Multiple knives, club, blindsnake pouch, shotgun

Total: 970
Stash: 30
XP/Mercenary worth: 467

How's that? I dropped 2 scum and swapped the heavy stubber for a plasmagun and gained another ganger with a shotgun. I have 30 pts left which I can save or grab a juve with 2 knives. I prefer the chainsword because it has -1 to armor saves and simply looks cool!

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Hired Guns may seem like a good idea, but they will cripple you in the long run. They never improve, all the XP the earn is effectively wasted and they cost a fortune. I highly recommend dropping both of them, and trading your plasma gun up for a heavy stubber or something like that.

You should also get a spare ganger if you can so if one goes down you can still get full income. 4 juves might be a little much in a starting gang as you need all the BS3 shots you can get!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts