Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first off id like to apologize for 2 things 1. i havent posted in god knows how long so this is me saying hi again.
2. this list is horrible but the reason for that is because there isnt much i can do...
i have a 1500 points list which is very succesful (but chosen heavy so the list looks stupid)
and i have been "challenged" to a 2000, i recently got 5 marauder horsemen but other than that i have very little to use, im playing an ogre list and ill post his after, so here goes:

lord of chaos (with warriors)
mark of khorne, rending sword, armour of damnation, gaze of the gods, shield 353

exalted champ (with warriors)
mark khorne, helm many eyes, collar of khorne, great weapon, sheild 191

exalted champ (with knights)
mark khorne, juggernaught, blade of blood,enchanted sheild 235

5 chosen knights of khorne
full command, war banner 345

15 chosen warriors of khorne
chamion, standard bearer, banner of rage, additional hand weapon and shields 479

5 marauder horsemen 90
throwing axes, spears

5x furies 75

10x warhounds 60

2 x tuskgor chariots 170

ive seen waht he uses and its:

6x ironguts with tyrant and butcher

6x bulls with bruiser and butcher

3x bulls

3x bulls

giant.

that is why my warriors and knights are so beefed up, my extra stuff can handle the other 6 while my knights go for the bull unit and my warriors hopefully take out the ironguts only other models i have are: bloodletters and heroes (and more warriors and knights but i dont really need them)

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
I would give the rending sword to an exalted champion, and get a D6 with the lord ^_^

I would ditch a champion for some more troops warriors of khorne will take down ogres with a disturbing ease

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Also I wouldn't worry about taking a collar of khorne, magic resistance is good in some cases but most ogre magic affects their own units so you won't get to use it for most of the game. You will also generate enough dispel dice form your marks of khorne. It is worth bearing in mind that the ogre player can also only take level 2 butchers as you can only have a slaughtermaster in an army that has a tyrant in it, and you only get one lord slot at 2000 points :)

He is not using lead belchers, which is great news for you as a chaos player as they are unpleasant to deal with.

Use your hounds and horsemen to lure his ogres into charging leaving the vulnerable to counter charges. I played with Khorne against ogres at the weekend, if I charged I won and if I got charged I lost that combat - it really was that simple. My opponent had a unit of 3 bulls with a tyrant and they slaughered a unit of 10 chaos warriors to a man (didn't break them, just killed them with big big pointy things). However when your knights get stuck in it is 3's to hit and 3's to wound with no armour save in most cases.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had thought about dropping the collar, its from my 1500 points list, but ive also had some nasty experiences, i mean if they want to with just 2 guys they can really pump out some spells, and i know this guy is a high roller, st2 hits no armour saves may be 6s to wound but thats more guys than id like to lose

yeah my warhounds etc are for luring but thats wat his units of 3 are for, so its gonna be a little bit tricky, im sure ill find a way in.

its tonight (hopefully) so ill prolly tell you how it went tomoro

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
If he is only using 2 butchers though he can only generate 6 casting dice, you can have 8 or 9 dispel dice so should be able to match whatever he can attempt to cast. The only way he should be able to cast anything would be with irrestable force, and then magic resistance is no use anyway.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have 7 and he has tooth gnoblars and bound items

but if i take it off i get 1 extra warrior...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i lost, but not too badly
and i put it down to damned chaos knights
5 chosen chaos knights of khorne
expected wounds on ogre bulls? like 6 or 7? nope 2 lost combat by 1 (he killed enough so i didnt have musician) i ran -_- warriors held well until his lord did D3 wounds to my lord (and got 3) after me getting 2D3 (and getting 2 -_-)
i practically demanded a rematch.

·
Registered
657 Posts
The game is said and done but I'd still like to add.

You didn't react to it much, but Wolf_Pack's advice about the Hellfire sword would have been
a good idea. It has good odds of killing one ogre per hit, and a khorne lord gets lots of hits.
Since ogres have small units, he could probably take on any unit without a martial character
by himself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts