Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Dork Knight
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wanted to know if this all infantry list could do well against pretty much anything. That and I wanted to use a lot of models. Basically I would keep all the Mortars hidden firing away at other infantry while the squads with the Lasercannons and Missile Launchers would be behind the Aegis Line firing away at vehicles.

HQ
Company Command Squad
1 regimental standard

Troop
Platoon Command Squads 1-4
4 Missile Launchers

Infantry Squads 1-14
14 Lascannons

Heavy Weapon Squads 1-12
36 Mortars

Fortification
Aegis Defensive Line

·
Registered
484 Posts
36 mortars is pretty crazy. i guess with that many shots youre going to do something. probably... mortars are still pretty weak. youll wreck orks?

14 lascannons at 2k actually sounds like sort of light for high power shots. theyll pop tanks pretty well i suppose but... it just seems light for 2k. it seems like you could put out lascannons for cheaper with vendetta, which are sick anyway and are also twin-linked.

i think for your HQ youll do better with a commissar (maybe even yarrick) and your platoon command squads would be more useful as 4x flamer charge bumpers. with all those lascannons most enemies will just ignore the 5 man squad walking up the field with 4 flamers.

that is a ton of bodies though. its so many bodies that i really dont have any idea what would happen. there are also some fairly good reasons to spread out those weapons. instead of letting your opponent focus a couple units with all their fire, theyll have to split it. it also makes it tough to lock them up in combat, tho theyre so big idk if anything could mess with them... i really dunno what to think. try it out and see how it goes?

do you actually have that many guardsmen and mortar teams?!

·
Lord of Bacon
1,916 Posts
That looks painful, my only hope would be to mass rush close combat units in

·
Registered
147 Posts
Seems pretty good to me. :)

Though if someone (BA player that is) had another crazy idea like you, of putting 5 land raiders (different types) with 5 man tacticals inside, a basic librarian/captain, and a stormraven into a 2000pts list then I think you would struggle with spammed AV14 and a flyer (unless aegis has a quad gun or icarus lascannon). Also lots of flyers would be difficult, though armies can't really take anymore than 3 I suppose.

I also agree with Shoe about the lord commissar, as with all that infantry, you won't want them running scared off the board (especially if they are blobbed) and that Aura of Discipline will help a lot.

In regards to HQs, what do you have planned for the Primaris Psyker? :)

Reactions: ImperialGuardMarine

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
My thoughts on this one are:

1.) That it's weak to fast armies
2.) Weak to heavy armor
3.) It's vulnerable to outflanking and infiltrating units getting too close too quickly.
4.) It fails to leverage orders through the lack of either a CCS with Creed or two Company Command Squads.
5.) Large chunks of it can be frightened off the table due to a lack of Commissars to keep order or a Regimental Standard to preserve morale.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
ImperialGuardMarine said:
I wanted to use a lot of models
MisterSkip said:
That looks painful
Very painful. At least you don't plan to actually move them :soldier:

Swap most of the mortars for heavier guns and you've got a mostly standard leafblower list (still needs orders). It isn't an army you'll want to play with more than a couple times, though. Too boring. You might field one maxed-out defensive platoon, one maxed-out Rahem platoon and some fun stuff with the leftover points. That strikes a reasonable balance between "lots of men" and "static statistic gunline".

Can you borrow or proxy some BA models? You can leverage their Codex since you have a second FOC. I'm talking about bringing Tycho, Seth, Corbulo and maybe a Chaplain as beatsticks leading IG infantry blobs. That way everybody has ATSKNF and your meat machine has a real chance to win challenges and such. The obligatory two Troops can provide you with a little mobility... two outflanking squads of five Scouts each, if you don't want to expend resources.

·
The Dork Knight
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
36 mortars is pretty crazy. i guess with that many shots youre going to do something. probably... mortars are still pretty weak. youll wreck orks?

14 lascannons at 2k actually sounds like sort of light for high power shots. theyll pop tanks pretty well i suppose but... it just seems light for 2k. it seems like you could put out lascannons for cheaper with vendetta, which are sick anyway and are also twin-linked.

i think for your HQ youll do better with a commissar (maybe even yarrick) and your platoon command squads would be more useful as 4x flamer charge bumpers. with all those lascannons most enemies will just ignore the 5 man squad walking up the field with 4 flamers.

that is a ton of bodies though. its so many bodies that i really dont have any idea what would happen. there are also some fairly good reasons to spread out those weapons. instead of letting your opponent focus a couple units with all their fire, theyll have to split it. it also makes it tough to lock them up in combat, tho theyre so big idk if anything could mess with them... i really dunno what to think. try it out and see how it goes?

do you actually have that many guardsmen and mortar teams?!
I have that many guardsman yes but not that many mortar teams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts