Elite
Storm Trooper Squad 1-2 (Deep Striking)
4 Melta Guns

Storm Trooper Squad 3 (Deep Striking)
2 Plasma Guns

Troop
Veteran Squad 1-2 (In Chimeras)
6 Plasma Guns

Veteran Squad 3-6 (1 squad riding in Valkyrie and Vendetta)
12 Grenade Launchers
4 Lascannons
1 Camo Cloak and Snare Mines (Squad with these will man the Quad Gun)

Dedicated Transport
Chimera 1-2
2 Multi Lasers
2 Heavy Bolters

Fast Attack
Vendetta Gunship

Valkyrie Assault Carrier

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Executioner
2 Plasma Cannons
1 Lascannon
1 Camo Netting
1 Knight Commander Pask

Fortification
Aegis Line with Quad Gun

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
HQ
Company Command Squad 1-2
4 Sniper Rifles
2 Lascannons
1 Astropath
1 Officer of the Fleet
1 Camo Cloak (On warlords squad)

Elite
Storm Trooper Squad 1-2 (Deep Striking)
4 Melta Guns

Storm Trooper Squad 3 (Deep Striking)
2 Plasma Guns

Troop
Veteran Squad 1-2 (In Chimeras)
6 Plasma Guns

Veteran Squad 3-6
12 Grenade Launchers
4 Lascannons
1 Camo Cloak and Snare Mines (Squad with these will man the Quad Gun)

Dedicated Transport
Chimera 1-2
2 Multi Lasers
2 Heavy Bolters

Fast Attack
Vendetta Gunship

Valkyrie Assault Carrier

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Executioner
2 Plasma Cannons
1 Lascannon
1 Camo Netting
1 Knight Commander Pask

Fortification
Aegis Line with Quad Gun
Vets on foot w/o Carapace are bolter and flamer bait.

The Valkyrie variant is of questionable utility give the available options in the FA slot.

This particular executioner is a boondoggle of Congressional proportions. Far too many points in one 3 hull point package with the added "bonus" of being able to glance itself on overheats.
*I would recommend dropping to HB Sponsons at minimum, possibly going further and drop Pask*

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
You could drop your valkyrie for camo cloaks on your foot veteran squads that don't have it or add some scout sentinels with auto cannons.

·
The Dork Knight
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Only 2 squads of veterans are on foot behind the Aegis Line. 2 are in Chimeras and 2 are in the gunships.
I don't really see the problem with plasma sponsons I take them all the time and I've played many times with no overheats. I really don't understand why people don't take them. Its really not that bad of a chance of getting killed. The reason I take Pask besides the better BS. I'll be able to glance AV14 vehicles to death.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Only 2 squads of veterans are on foot behind the Aegis Line. 2 are in Chimeras and 2 are in the gunships.
I don't really see the problem with plasma sponsons I take them all the time and I've played many times with no overheats. I really don't understand why people don't take them. Its really not that bad of a chance of getting killed. The reason I take Pask besides the better BS. I'll be able to glance AV14 vehicles to death.
I had not considered the Lord Commissar to be a solid HQ for Vet lists, as I typically go with the primaris as a cheap HQ. Then again, I generally run mech lists.

The overheats are a secondary concern on Plasma Cannon sponsons (though still a factor) The primary concern is cost. MM sponsons are cheaper and serve the AT function better, in my opinion.

·
Registered
484 Posts
if it hasnt already been said, pask is pretty underwhelming on a tank like the executioner. he is practically built for the vanquisher, and does quite well in stuff like the punisher(if it ever sees the table) or the exterminator(same deal) the template weapons dont make much use of his +1 bs. pask vanquisher is fantastic these days for knocking out enemy heavy armor. got a pretty decent chance to blow stuff up in 1 shot. i only wish we had an AP1 gun to put him in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts