4 Sniper Rifles

Troop
Veteran Squads 1 2 and 3
9 Plasma Guns

Veteran Squads 4 5 and 6 (In Chimeras)
9 Melta Guns

Veteran Squads 7 8 and 9
9 Grenade Launchers

Veteran Squads 10 11 and 12 (In Chimeras)
9 Flamers

Dedicated Transport
Chimera x8
8 Multi Lasers
8 Heavy Bolters

Fortification
Aegis Line

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I really don't understand some people's aversion to unit based list formatting. I also submitted a list scarily similar to this one as a joke not all that long ago.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
No. I never intended to. Most armies pack a lot of AV12 rated fire power these days. Could it work? Definitely. The butcher's bill will be very high, even when it does work.

It gives you a lot of scoring units, a lot of mobility and runs very real risk of traffic jams on a congested table.

It also embodies every snarky thing said about IG back in 5th Edition.

Ok, I went back and checked. My list is structurally similar but a lot more tongue in cheek. This list was created in reaction to the "new meta" and out of a sense of nostalgia for the old snarky remarks about IG. I've linked it below.

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/imperial-guard-army-lists/241098-melta-dead-2000-a.html

·
The Dork Knight
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually played a list like that before in 5th edition. I destroyed every vehicle but my men were killed soon after they blew everything up.

·
Lord of Bacon
1,916 Posts
I played a list similar to this and must say the only reason I survived was that the only anti air was the gun line. The IG player still took victory though. My scoring units were ripped to shreds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts