2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HQ
Company Command Squad x2
8 grenade launchers
2 camo cloaks
1 officer of the fleet

Elite
Storm Trooper Squad x3 (5 man squads deep striking)
6 melta guns

Troop
Veteran Squad x6 (plasma gun squads in Chimera's)
6 grenade launchers
12 plasma guns
6 laser cannons

Dedicated Transport
Chimera x4
4 multi lasers
4 heavy flamers

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Battle Tank x2
2 laser cannons
Leman Russ Demolisher
1 laser cannon

I'm trying to make an all around list so I can use it in the upcoming tournament.

·
4,967 Posts
HQ: Too expensive with great firepower and decent orders they will be a high priority target and +1 cover save won't save them for long. Take GLs here since you can move and fire. Ditch both advisors for 1 master of the fleet.

Elites: Fine.

Troops: Melta vets or plasma vets are my favourite. It is a shame to put flamers on BS4 models especially when all 6 chimeras have flamers anyway. Snipers make the squads too static (not bad on CCS btw).

Heavy: Be nice to upgrade some of these to demolishers with lascannon.

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Updated List

I usually don't take the demolisher I tend to take the medusa because of its low cost and range. I could replace two of the leman russ battle tanks with them and put pask on the one leman russ. Would that work out well or would it be better to keep the leman russ tanks with the laser cannons on them?

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
I think Hellhounds would work very well in this list. If you replace both CCS with a single Primaris psyker then you're saving plenty of points with little loss of firepower. That and dropping a Stormtrooper squad would give enough points for two of them.

Keep the LRBTs. They can be used to shell the enemy's defensive line much more effectively than a Medusa or Demolisher.

Reactions: nacho cheese

·
4,967 Posts
I find demolishers very useful with a 30" range because they can move and fire both weapons. Also S10 pie plate is a decent antitank weapon and compliments the lascannon well against either vehicles or termie armour targets.

My favourite standard russ is just with a HB on the hull. It is still able to move and fire and has decent range. A more static version would be to add plasma sponsons to it for 190 points.

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
New Updated List

HQ

Psyker x2

Elite
Storm Trooper Squad x2 (5 man squads deep striking)
4 melta guns

Troop
Veteran Squad x6 (plasma gun squads in Chimera's)
6 grenade launchers
12 plasma guns
6 laser cannons

Dedicated Transport
Chimera x4
4 multi lasers
4 heavy flamers

Fast Attack
Hellhound x2
2 heavy bolters

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Battle Tank x2
2 laser cannons
2 plasma cannons

Leman Russ Demolisher
1 laser cannon
2 plasma cannons

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Russ sponsons can be liabilities in mechanized lists. When stationary, they get left behind and are hard to defend. Two footslogging Veteran squads sn't enough and they have better things to do than speedbump. Taking off the LRBT sponsons would let you give those guys the camo doctrine--always a big assist for unmounted units.

Well, I guess you could keep them if you're going for a front-loaded firepower strategy. They're ultimately expendable.

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I got rid of the plasma cannons would it be a good idea to take 2 scout sentinels with auto cannons instead? I don't expect the vets on foot to survive so I'm not going to waste anymore upgrades.

·
4,967 Posts
Keep sponsons on the standard russ (whose main gun has the range to be effective when the vehicle stays put) and take one AC sentinel in place of the demilishers sponsons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.