Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been trying to put together a balanced all-infantry list for general gaming and local tournament play, and here's my first shot:

Chaos Lord
MoT
Demon Weapon
Demonic Steed
Meltabombs

8 Chosen
IoCG
4 meltaguns
Champion w/ dual LC

8 Chosen
IoCG
4 meltaguns
Champion w/ dual LC

10 Chaos Space Marines
IoCG
2 plasma guns
Champion w/ PW

10 Chaos Space Marines
IoCG
2 plasma guns
Champion w/ PW

10 Chaos Space Marines
IoCG
2 plasma guns
Champion w/ PW

8 Raptors
MoK
2 meltaguns
Champion w/ dual LC

8 Raptors
MoK
2 meltaguns
Champion w/ dual LC

8 Havocs
IoCG
4 missile launchers

The list is 1,998 pts total. I'm not sure if I should switch some of the LCs or PWs for power fists, but I thought that w/ all the meltaguns I could get away with it, especially considering that the CSM squads probably won't spend too much time in close combat.

I'm pretty much open to any suggestons; this'll be the first totally new list I make with the new codex. I only ask that you keep in mind the all-infantry theme. Comments/concerns/criticisms are greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Chaos Lord
MoT
Demon Weapon
Demonic Steed
Meltabombs

8 Chosen
IoCG
4 meltaguns
Champion w/ dual LC

8 Chosen
IoCG
4 meltaguns
Champion w/ dual LC

10 Chaos Space Marines
IoCG
2 plasma guns
Champion w/ PW

10 Chaos Space Marines
IoCG
2 plasma guns
Champion w/ PW

10 Chaos Space Marines
IoCG
2 plasma guns
Champion w/ PW

8 Raptors
MoK
2 meltaguns
Champion w/ dual LC

8 Raptors
MoK
2 meltaguns
Champion w/ dual LC

8 Havocs
IoCG
4 missile launchers

The list is 1,998 pts total. I'm not sure if I should switch some of the LCs or PWs for power fists, but I thought that w/ all the meltaguns I could get away with it, especially considering that the CSM squads probably won't spend too much time in close combat.

I'm pretty much open to any suggestons; this'll be the first totally new list I make with the new codex. I only ask that you keep in mind the all-infantry theme. Comments/concerns/criticisms are greatly appreciated, thanks!
Its a nice list for sure. But as you noted yourself, it lacks powerfists.

On the raptors, the Powerfist is a MUCH greater weapon than the claws, it is far better against MEQ's its meshes better with the meltaguns targets of choice, vehicles and monsterous creatures and it also allows you to keep your bolt pistol, so you get a shot off before you charge. All in all, its by far the better choice.

You dont intend to be getting into combat with the chaos marine squads but you will need to be at 12 inch range to fully use the rapid fire weapons you posses. You will need some powerfists on those champions

I also think you can drop melta bombs from your lord, if hes flying around near the raptors he can have them sort out the armour and he can blast up any infantry.

Dan

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback!

I definately agree with your statement about PF in the Raptor squads, and I think I'll switch out the claws for fists.

The problem with adding PF to my CSM squads is cost. They're 10 pts more than power weapons, and I really can't find a whole lot of wiggle room with the points in the list. I assumed that the Raptors will be able to support my CSM squads if they get in over their heads.

And while meltabombs on the Lord isn't a great choice, I had 5 pts to spend and couldn't think of anything else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts