Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to the grey knights and facing chaos space marines so any help is nice.

HQ
Brotherhood Champion

Troop
Grey Knight Terminators x6 (5 man squads)
6 incinerators

Fast Attack
Stormraven Gunship x2
2 multi meltas
4 twin linked laser cannons

Heavy Support
Land Raider Redeemer
1 multi melta
1 psybolt ammunition

·
Registered
470 Posts
good list

for some reason im liking all the terms, perhaps if you can find an additional 50-90 points make the champion a grand master and use his grand stategy to give some weird bonus' to some terms to help them out

maybe give the terms a psycannon or two, anti infantry or light armour

also what kind of CSM will you be placing against

hope it helps

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already played the game and won. It did a lot better then I thought. I was up against maybe 5-7 rhinos and basic space marines squads. At the end of the game I had my squad with my champion, another terminator squad and my stormraven gunships. I also cheated myself out of some things. Like the incinerators I thought they were strength 4 like a flamer. Not that it mattered I got really lucky this game whatever I shot at with the terminators died and I didn't know the landraider and gunships could shoot at two different targets. Even with that I feel it wasn't really lacking anything. I was afraid it was lacking anti tank. Anyways for future reference what could I drop to get a grand master maybe a terminator squad? Then put as many psycannons on the remaining squads?

·
Registered
470 Posts
yeah dropping a term unit could work

i was also worried that you were lacking anti-tank but even at 1500 the chances that you'll come across AV14 (as in lots of) is still fairly small and AV13 can be dealth with easily

but glad you won

·
Registered
433 Posts
Storm Ravens with Multi Meltas can quite reliably take out AV14 I find,
turbo boost and 12" for the 2D6 pen,

Catches most opponents by suprise when you blow up they're land raider first turn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts