Librarium Online Forums banner

2,000pts. General Purpose List

598 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  karantalsis 
#1 ·
Dark Eldar: 2,000pts. General Purpose List

Hello folks, I'm a new Dark Eldar player. I'm very inexperienced at 40k, but have read quite a few posts to try and bone up. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Lord Ramon

HQ

Dark Eldar Archon - Plasma Grenades, Shadow Field, Splinter Pistol, Gruesome Talisman, Trophy Rack, Combat Drugs, Agoniser, Haywire Grenades [144pts]
+
Squad of 7 Incubi Retinue. Plasma Grenades, 2x Blaster. Raider with Disintegrator, Horrofex and Screaming Jets [281pts]

ELITES

Wych Squad of 10 Wyches: Wych Weapons, Plasma Grenades. 2 Blaster. Succubus with Haywire Grenades, Gruesome Talisman, Agoniser. Raider with Disintegrator, Horrofex and Screaming Jets [280pts]

TROOPS

Warrior Squad of 11 Warriors, 2 Dark Lance [108pts]

Warrior Squad of 15 Warriors2 Blaster, 2 Splinter Cannon, Sybarite with Gruesome Talisman, Haywire Grenades & Poisoned Blades [165pts]

Raider Squad of 5 Warriors, Blaster, Dark Lance, Raider with Dark Lance, Horrofex and Night Shield [130pts]

Raider Squad of 5 Warriors, Blaster, Dark Lance, Raider with Dark Lance, Horrofex and Night Shield [130pts]

FAST

Jetbike Squad of 5 Reavers, 2 Blasters [145pts]
Jetbike Squad of 5 Reavers, 2 Blasters [145pts]

HEAVY

Scourge Squad of 6: 2x Splinter Rifles, 3x Splinter Cannons, Sybarite with a Dark Lance, Archangel of Pain, Gruesome Talisman and Poisoned Blades [199pts]

Remaining points:
Webway Portal for the Warrior Sybarite, OR
Reaver Succubus with Agoniser, Tormentor Helm, Haywire Grenades, Plasma Grenades, Gruesome Talisman

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Rebuild after feedback

Dark Eldar Army List: 2,000pts – 2,000pts. General Purpose List

Firstly, thanks very much for the feedback. It was all very useful. Below is my rewrite, having considering said feedback.

Karantalsis said not to take Blasters for the Incubi, as they would lose their Punishers. I must admit I looked at this at length before considering the Blasters. What concerns me is that GW often say replace or exchange one weapon for another, and also say may be armed with, which does not necessarily mean replace.

Characters are certainly allowed to be armed with 1 two handed, and 1 one handed weapon, but is there text anywhere clarifying what non-Character troops can have? As it stands, the Incubus would keep his Punisher, and have a Blaster as well (which is a bargain at 6pts).

Look at the picture of the Shredder in the DE Codex, and compare the trigger and trigger guard with that of the Splinter Rifle and Pistol. This shows just how small a Shredder can be. Certainly the actual models are quite large, but I think there’s quite a lot of artistic license in the designs of the Shredder and Blaster. When you see those two weapons modelled for the Reaver Bikes, you can see that GW have used the same basic design for the foot troops too. A real pistol sized weapon wouldn’t have looked right on the bikes.

Note also, that the Assault Weapon Wyches are modelled with both Shredder or Blaster and CCW in their other hand. I think it would be easy enough for an Incubus to carry his Punisher in one hand, and to fire a pistol style weapon in the other, slinging it round his back when entering combat.

Oddly some non-character troops can have more weapons. For example, a standard Chaos Marine can have a Bolt Pistol, CCW and a Heavy Weapon, Meltagun, Flamer etc.

Anyway, on with business .....

HQ

Dark Eldar Archon: Plasma Grenades, Shadow Field, Splinter Pistol, Gruesome Talisman, Trophy Rack, Combat Drugs, Agoniser [140pts] <or with Punisher and Tormentor Helm>
+
Squad of 6 Incubi Retinue: Plasma Grenades, 2x Blaster, 3 Warriors, 2x Splinter Cannon. Raider with Disintegrator, Horrofex and Night Shield [304pts]

Haemonculus with Splinter Pistol, Scissorhand, Plasma Grenades, Gruesome Talisman, [35pts] with the Wyches
Haemonculus with Splinter Pistol, Scissorhand, Plasma Grenades, Gruesome Talisman, [35pts] with the large Warrior squad

ELITES

Wych Squad of 9 Wyches w/Splinter Pistol, Wych Weapons, Plasma Grenades, 2x Blaster, Succubus w/Gruesome Talisman, Trophy Racks, Agoniser. Fleet of Foot. Raider with Disintegrator, Horrofex and Night Shield [279pts]

TROOPS

Warrior Squad of 10 Warriors w/2 Dark Lance [100pts]

Warrior Squad of 20 Warriors, 2 Blaster, 2 Splinter Cannon, Sybarite with Trophy Racks, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol, Agoniser [225pts]

Raider Squad of 8 Warriors w/Splinter Rifles, Blaster, Splinter Cannon, Raider with Dark Lance, Horrofex and Night Shield [167pts]

FAST

Jetbike Squad of 5 Reavers, 2 Blaster [145pts]
Jetbike Squad of 5 Reavers, 2 Blaster [145pts]

HEAVY

Ravager with 1x Disintegrator, Horrofex and Night Shield [130pts]

I’ll try the Archon with Punisher and with Agoniser in a few games, then finally decide. As they are the same points, it’s not a problem, and I’ve costed in the Tormentor Helm already.

I’ve added another Warrior DL squad, with the loss of the Scourges. I’ve always felt they where too expensive, and you guys have convinced me of that.

I think that the Night Shields on the Wych and Incubi Raiders will both help them get into a useful position, and keep the mini-gunboat alive afterwards. For example, rapid Bolters 10� away, count as 16� away, also weapons like Plasma pistols, Flamers and Meltaguns have a harder time attacking me.

My first 4k army was Chaos, and these DE guys feel really fragile. It looks to me that we have to take the battle to the enemy, although with so much BS4, gun lines do seem appealing.

Thanks again,

Lord Ramon

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks again for the feedback

As you're probably aware when you see my lists, I am both inexperienced, and presumably over worried about armoured columns. Locally I've seen lots of younger guys with SMs and Tyranids, and guys in their 20+s with Chaos & Imperial Guard, though in truth there's alot more players out there I haven't seen yet.

My natural concern is also for dealing with big nasty dudes (HiveTs, Carnifex, Daemon Princes etc), so, because of there good value for money, I'm very attracted to the 10man DL squads, for general use.

I can see that I'll likely playing too safe, but also feel that's not so bad as a newbie. What I'll do is try as much out as I can, including other people's lists where I can make them up.

So far I have 4 Raiders/Ravagers (I'm modelling in such a way that I can use them as either), 10 Reavers, 10 Wyches, 7 Incubi, 10 dual role Grots or Mandrakes, 1 Talos, and 80 Warriors. As I'm into heavy conversions, I'll soon have 1-2 more Talos, and intend to be able to play WWP army lists.

I'm certainly interested to see how my point on weapon load-outs pan out, and will contact GW for general clarification. I think many of players assume much, and often don't necessarily really read every word of their Codexes carefully. As I mentioned, there's a big difference between replacing weapons, and adding them.

Once, again thanks for your help

Lord Ramon.

P.S. I'm based in Merseyside, in the U.K. if there's any players out there looking for a game. I can be contacted on 'manorr2001@yahoo.com'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.