Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have constructed a 2,250 list and I am wondering about the set-up for the King and Prince. I mainly play against O&G(no Wyvern) with the occasional Bret.

Priest(Heiro) w/ Cloak of the Dunes & Heiratic Jar

Priest w/ Staff of Ravening & steed

4 chariots

3 chariots w/ FC & Icon of the Sacred Eye

20 warriors w/ lgt. armor, shields, FC, Banner of the Undying Legion

Tomb Scorpion

5 Carrion

4 Ushabti

19 Tomb Guard w/ FC & Icon of Rakaph

SSC w/ Skulls of the Foe

Option A: King w/ Destroyer of Eternities & Collar of Shapesh in Tomb Guard and Prince w/ chariot, Chariot of Fire, Brooch of Desert, lgt. armor, grt. weap. in 3 chariot group, or

Option B: King w/ chariot, lgt. armor, Golden Anhkra, Spear of Antarakh, Ench. Shield in 3 chariot group and Prince w/ Collar of Shapesh, Brooch of Desert, great weapon in Tomb Guard.

Option B also has B2 which is swapping out the Spear and Shield for the Flail of Skulls.

The bulk of the army I am satisfied with(I know there may be some "suboptimal" choices) so please keep the comments to the King/Prince set-up unless I have missed something obvious and important. Thank you in advance for all advice.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nice list bud. :)

I prefer option A. Much more offensive and compliments the rest of the list a lot better IMHO.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nice list bud. :)

I prefer option A. Much more offensive and compliments the rest of the list a lot better IMHO.
Agreed, although I'd give that Prince a flail instead of a great weapon personally. The +2 Str on the charge is more useful than a +1 every round for Chariot units imo.

·
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd give that Prince a flail instead of a great weapon personally
Nice catch. I forgot about the change for a mounted character instead of on foot. Consider that switched. Interesting choices so far as I originally had option B and A was kind of an afterthought. Thanks for the advice so far. More is always welcome.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I'd put a king with the spear and the +1W armor in a sacred eye chariot with the chariots and a prince with great weapon in the tomb guard...but that's just me...the prince can't have that armor and the spear at the same time, so it's a difference of two wounds in terms of the mounted character, and I think the chariots'll draw more fire before the critical clash, so a fragile spear-bearer doesn't sit well with me. Also, the character in the TG is going to be slow, I'd say that the speed and mobility of the chariots makes putting the king on board the more offensive choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts