Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2,225/2,250pts Empire

Note: The only bit that needs explanation is the Sword of Justice, I didn't realise before but it doesn't state that it allows melee hits only to be re-rolled. I'm hoping that the sword will allow re-rolls on the Doomfire Ring and Soulfire, can any confirm this?

Arch Lector - Tarphus Gritzweald
Great Weapon
Shroud of Magnus, Icon of Magnus, Armour of Meteoric Iron

Warrior Priest - Bartholomar Leitarf
Hand Weapon, Shield
Dawn Armour, Sigil of Sigmar

Warrior Priest - Firrian Balion
Barded Warhorse, Shield, Heavy Armour
Sword of Justice, Doomfire Ring

Wizard - Juna Mirland
Extra Level
Rod of Power, Ring of Volans

10 Archers

24 Swordsmen - The Shield
Full Command

25 Flagellants - The Brains
Doom Prophet

24 Greatswords- The Sword
Full Command

5 Pistoliers -
Outrider, Musician
Repeater Pistol

5 Outriders -
Outrider Champion
Hochland Long Rifle

Cannon - Taal's Thunder

Helstorm Rocket Battery - The Final Word

Steam Tank -Sigmar's Command

·
Registered
100 Posts
2,225/2,250pts Empire

Note: The only bit that needs explanation is the Sword of Justice, I didn't realise before but it doesn't state that it allows melee hits only to be re-rolled. I'm hoping that the sword will allow re-rolls on the Doomfire Ring and Soulfire, can any confirm this?
Good point... I have no idea though.

Arch Lector - Tarphus Gritzweald
Great Weapon
Shroud of Magnus, Icon of Magnus, Armour of Meteoric Iron
No W-Alter? :(

Warrior Priest - Bartholomar Leitarf
Hand Weapon, Shield
Dawn Armour, Sigil of Sigmar

Warrior Priest - Firrian Balion
Barded Warhorse, Shield, Heavy Armour
Sword of Justice, Doomfire Ring

Wizard - Juna Mirland
Extra Level
Rod of Power, Ring of Volans

10 Archers

24 Swordsmen - The Shield
Full Command

25 Flagellants - The Brains
Doom Prophet
I'd go with "The Heart"

24 Greatswords- The Sword
Full Command

5 Pistoliers -
Outrider, Musician
Repeater Pistol

5 Outriders -
Outrider Champion
Hochland Long Rifle

Cannon - Taal's Thunder

Helstorm Rocket Battery - The Final Word

Steam Tank -Sigmar's Command
Personally I would drop 5 flagellants and the prophet and buy yourself something nice and pretty.

·
Outcast Shinigami
682 Posts
You need need need some detachments for your state troops. I prefer 9 man swordsman units. The reason is that without detachments empire state troops (yes even greatswords) are just over-priced rank and file.

The other thing is that I agree with the above poster that you should drop some flaggies or expand them into two units. They don't break so the extra men over 20 are useless. If you love them (and you do have a warrior priest theme) then break them into two units worth (one rare and one core). If not 10-20 will serve you just fine.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Something you will hear from every Empire player: "Use detachments".

They make your infantry blocks a real threat, rather than just a load of rank-and-file pin-cushions. 25 Swordsmen with a a ten-man Halberdier detachment is a real threat.

I also wouldn't bother with the Hochland Long Rifle on a Outrider Champion, it's best place is in a unit of Handgunners.

·
Outcast Shinigami
682 Posts
I also wouldn't bother with the Hochland Long Rifle on a Outrider Champion, it's best place is in a unit of Handgunners.
Gonna have to respectfully disagree on that point. The outrider champ is BS 5 and is the highest BS that can use the hochland (which you'll need to make those shots count). Plus your entire outrider unit is already move and fire so its no detriment, and it's the cheapest option of getting one.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I think he realizes that if he is going up against a strong Magic army, that he needs big units in order to get them into the fight, IMHO. You have to attack with this army because even with two Warrior Priests you are going to be hit hard by armies like the DE, LizardsMen, and such that have good magic attacks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the comments, will mock up a modified list. Just to clarify my main opponents are as follows;

Vampire Counts (Magic Heavy)
Skaven (Magic Heavy)
Dark Elves (Magic Heavy)
High Elves (Magic Heavy)
Dwarves (No Magic)

All those Magic Heavy army do drive me a little mental, as I would like to field a more balanced force with a BSB and a General or Templar but I have to react to the other players or I'll just get burnt.

I'm going to work on a Magic Resistance army and see if I can make a viable list w/ General of the Empire etc.

·
Registered
449 Posts
That's a fair point, thedrifter777, and while I do agree in principle I usually find that I use my Outriders to make an initial move down a flank where they tend to stay to disrupt the enemies attempted to get round my army. Being at a 90º angle to most of his units I find enemy characters rarely come into sight.

Though, of course, the Outrider Champion has high BS I find if it can be used to it's maximum potential the Outriders need to sit on the gunline, which I find usually ends up attacked very very quickly (and usually dead!).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.