Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ

1x Sorc Lord w/ Level 4 / MoN / Scaled Skin / Flaming Breath / Fencer's Blades / Dispel Scroll

1x Exalted Hero w/ Standard / MoN / Enchanted Shield / Luckstone

1x Festus the Leechlord

Core

1x Chariot w/ MoN

1x Chariot w/ MoN

21x Warriors w/ MoN / Halberds / Full Command w/ Banner of Swiftness / Great Weapons

5x Warhounds

Special

5x Chaos Knights w/ MoN / Ensorcelled Weapons / Musician / SB

5x Chaos Knights w/ MoN / Ensorcelled Weapons / Musician / SB

1x Chimera w/ Flaming Breath / Regeneration

1x Chimera w/ Flaming Breath / Regeneration

Pretty self explanatory. All lords go into the unit of warriors making a 6x4 block of magic casting, (slightly) faster moving, 5/4+ regen, S6 murder. I know about the drawbacks of great weapons but when painting they looked too cool for me not to include, and the only way to get them fielded was in a unit that was defensive enough to handle them. Hence the MoN and Festus (who also lets me save 80 points on ward save talismans) (I also know how squishy he is once he gets into close combat, but hopefully I should be able to position him carefully enough through challenges, placement, and having my other HQs close by). Chimeras are awesome and have served me well in a lot of games now, and I have found that I like Nurgle Knights more than any other version of the knight. I haven't had a chance to field chariots yet but they seem to be held in high regard and I am eager to try them at my LGS. C&C welcome and encouraged!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a solid point. I am just concerned that the point of the unit is to be a deathstar, or something close, that can take on high armor / toughness targets and if it is a 5x4 unit, with 17 warriors, it won't hit hard enough. That means that I am getting 4 WS10 S4 attacks, 4 poison WS7 S5 attacks, , 11 WS5 S6 poison attacks, and 2 WS4 S4 poison attacks. 21 attacks, even with well above average strength and poison, isn't exactly the killiest unit, even if it is VERY hard to kill.

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you really wan't a Deathstar unit you have to try and put as many fast and heavy melee characters in the front.
Try something like:

L4 mage (with kit)
BSB with add handweapon and shield and nurgle
Exalted with add handweapon+shield and nurgle
Exalted with add handweapon+shield and nurgle
Festus

Your heroes don't need any other equipment with a 3+/4+ As and 5+ regen they are decently protected.
Then you can fill up the rest of the unit to get 4 ranks.

This way you can go 6 wide
They will pump out 15 attacks WS7, poisoned at Str 5 plus attacks from mage and 1 from festus plus
9 attacks WS5 poisened at S6.

That will hurt things and you still got some staying power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts