Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been playing around with some ideas for a 2,500 point army list and so far I've come up with two lists that I am kinda torn between. The lists are very similar and apart from a few item and upgrade tweaks, the main difference between them is that:

List one: Has a spellweaver (Metal), a unit of sisters of the thorn (Life/Beasts) and an extra treeman. (Focused on board control and lore of metal offensive spells)
List two: Has a treeman ancient (Life), a spellsinger (Metal) and an extra unit of wild riders (More focused on combat and lore of life healing spells)

List 1

Lords (260)

Spellweaver: Level 4 (Lore of Metal), Dispel scroll, Opal amulet [260 pts]

Heroes (524)

Naestra and Arahan: mounted on Gwindalor [275 pts]
Glade Captain: Battle standard, hail of doom arrow, starfire shafts [134 pts]
Waystalker: Bow of Loren, Charmed shield [115 pts]

Core (635)

11 Glade guard: Hagbane tips Standard, Banner of eternal flame [185 pts]
10 Glade guard: Hagbane tips [150 pts]

Special (490)

5 Sisters of the thorn [xxx pts]
6 Wild riders: shields [168 pts]
6 Deepwood scouts: Trueflight arrows [96 pts]

Rare (590)

Treeman: Strangleroots [245 pts]
Treeman: Strangleroots [245 pts]
Great eagle [xx pts]
Great eagle [xx pts]

Total: 2499
List 2

Lords (360)

Treeman ancient: Level 4 (Lore of Life)

Heroes (624)

Naestra and Arahan: mounted on Gwindalor [275 pts]
Glade Captain: Battle standard, hail of doom arrow, starfire shafts [134 pts]
Waystalker: Bow of Loren [110 pts]
Spellsinger: Level 1 (Lore of Metal), Dispel scroll [105 pts]

Core (635)

11 Glade guard: Hagbane tips Standard, Banner of eternal flame [185 pts]

Special (556)

7 Wild riders: shields [196 pts]
6 Wild riders: shields [168 pts]

Rare (325)

Treeman [xxx pts]
Great eagle [xx pts]
Great eagle [xx pts]

Total: 2500

Which of the two lists (if any) do you like the best and why? What changes would you make?

tactics: The idea behind both lists is to have two treemen anchor the army (in order to protect the archers and thunderstomp infantry) and then have a lot of shooting attacks pick off enemy threats. Treemen can be healed by lore of life spells and the amount of poison shots should be enough to pick off the majority of enemy warmachines turn 1. Wild riders act as a great counter charge unit or flanking unit to support the treemen.

Note: It may be a bit unorthodox not to have musicians on the glade guard but this is simply just an effort to save points. The deepwood scouts are equipped with trueflight arrows to pick off scouts and flying units that may creep up behind my lines. I need to do a bit more play testing to figure out whether or not musicians are worth it on glade guard in the new book.
Fun fact: Treeman ancient appears to be good at killing knights! Charge him in and 6-dice a spell to watch him blow up all the knights with miscast results and then heal himself up later (risky, stupid and fun :D )

Thanks for reading!

·
4,361 Posts
I like both lists. If I had to choose, I would take list one, but put the weaver on a horse to join the sisters.

Hope it works well for you,
SirKently

·
Registered
827 Posts
In general, I feel TMA is a poor choice for a general. He isn't very stompy, and isn't very durable. He is also very vulnerable to massed fire damage, and you will find him dying turn 1 frequently.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree that the TMA is a bit vulnerable for a general (however, he does get an 18" LD10 bubble for being a large target right?), but I consider him more of a defensive tarpit type of unit than a stompy hammer. He's just there to slow down my opponent's advance and set up a flank charge for some wild riders while casting lore of life spells and regaining wounds. If he can survive turn 1 then the amount of hagbane shots should be able to clear off most (if not all) enemy warmachines that may threaten him. But I still agree that he is a liability and like Sirkently I sort of lean in the direction of list 1.

·
Registered
827 Posts
You will have to let me know how those greater treemons (treemon princes?) work out for you. I have always been skeptical of their usefulness, even last book.

Now with their nerf batting, I have a downright hard time justifying them. I'd rather have a few 10 man ranger squads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts