Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want a semi-competetive army... Just something i can have fun with, while actually be somewhat of a challenge...

Mek List
-Eavy Armor

Killer Kan - 45
-Grotzooka

Killer Kan - 45
-Grotzooka

(2X)Killer Kans - 90
-(2X)Grotzooka

Deff Dread-90
-(Troop)
-2 Dreadnought CCW
-2 Big Shoota

12 Boyz-113
+1 Nob W power claw

-Total: 19 models: 498

(Figured boyz & Mek Could hide behind wall of Deff dread/Killer Kans, dont think that this armor can be wiped out easily in a 500 pt game)

#2 Boyz

Old Zogwort-145

12 Boyz-118
-Big Shoota
+1 Nob W pk

12 Boyz-118
-Big Shoota
+1 Nob W pk

12 Boyz-118
-Big Shoota
+1 Nob W pk

-Total: 40 models: 499
(Figured having so many models in such a small game would b cool to c look on opponents face :)... Old Zogwort could turn an enemy HQ into a squig... that is something priceless to me, and great trade of in my view versus the weirdboy...)

Please give me suggestions on the list u think is better....

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Possibilities

I like the second list, but I'd field two units of 23 boyz each, rather than three of 12. That way they'll be more more resistant to enemy fire.

As for the first list this is a fairly cheesy 500 point army, in my opinion, given that your opponents most likely won't be able to have enough anti-armor to deal with all the kans and dreads. This isn't a bad thing, actually, as winning is always the main goal, but to me it seems similar to using a Leman Russ in a 500 point game. It just doesn't seem right. ^_^

There's no reason to give the big mek a powerklaw. His stats aren't good in the least (not even comparable to a nob) so the best option is to keep him out of close combat altogether.

Again, that team of boyz is fragile. I'd remove a single killa kan (the extra kan in the unit of 2) and remove the big mek's 'powerklaw, and use the remaining points to add 8 more boyz, and give them 2 rokkits. This will make them a formidable force. Also, they should be shoota boyz, given the fact they're footslogging.

This version of the list is more balanced, and although it isn't quite as cheesy (again, it's a good thing), I played a 500 point game last weekend against a marine player that had 2 missile launchers, 3 snipers and 2 big shootas. A list like that can very easily tear a 'walker' list to pieces. The team of 20 boyz, walking in front, could absorb a lot of damage, giving your walkers the time they needed to get closer. Or, if they had a trukk instead, you could rush the enemy, and tie them up, as your walkers draw near.

Good luck!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm.. last reply seemed a bit torn on my two lists.... heres my mod for both... (i dont get rocket launchas bcause orks bad BS... im not confident in my rolling abilities to make it worth it...)

Mech

Big mek-90
-choppa
- Kustom force feild
-Eavy armor

Killer Kan - 45
-Grotzooka

Killer Kan - 45
-Grotzooka

(2X)Killer Kans - 90
-(2X)Grotzooka

Deff Dread-90