Assault Squad with 2 x Plasma Pistol 220pts
Assault Squad with 2 x Flamer and Power Fist 235pts
Attack Bike Squadron with Heavy Bolter 130pts
Heavy Support
Devastator Squad with 4 x Missile Launcher and Power Fist 255pts
Devastator Squad with 4 x Lascannon 310pts
Vindicator with Siege Shield 130pts
TOTAL: 2,505pts
Basically the Devis sit at home, Assault Marines and Attack Bikes just jump around killing things off, then Tacticals and Dreads are the "second wave" so to speak.

It will play Marines, Orks, Nids, Eldar, IG, Tau and CSM.

Please: CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
First thing's first, you need to correct the point costs of your units. I see several things that are not adding up correctly. After that, I would "trim the fat" off the list. That means cutting out the extra upgrades that either do not do much for their points, or don't fit in with the purpose of the unit. An example of each would be dropping the upgrades on the rhinos, and taking the power fist out of the devastators.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
For one, putting a powerfist in the Devastors squad and not in the Assault squad seems kinda off. Really think about switching that. The spare Storm Bolters and Hunter killer on the rhino's are unnecessary, if you want extra firepower on the transports just pay 5 points and use razorbacks, as you'll probably be combat squading the tactical marines anyway.

Don't go with lascannon devastator squads, its more point efficient to keep the lascannons and plasma cannons in the tactical squads and Missiles/Multimeltas in the Dev squads. Besides this allows you to split the las/plasma cannon fire more to maximize their effectiveness. If you can find the points it would be wise to upgrade the attack bike HB's to MM's, as Attack bikes with HB's aren't terribly productive for their points.
Also, taking a single Vindicator will likely result in it dying without ever taking a shot unless you surround it with your transports until you get close, which is creative but not always effective. if your going to run a Vindicator, I suggest running 2+ of them, or at least other battle tanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.