Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally finished painting and basing this army... Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for improvements?

This will mainly be used against my friend, he has pretty much all armies and knows how to play them. I have played about 15 games against him using other armies and lost them all. I need a balanced list as we never 'tailor'.

This army may be used in tournaments as well so it's not only friendly.

Lords:

Arch Lector
Armour Metoric Iron
War Altar
GW

Warrior Priest
GW/Shield

Battle Wiz - Level 2
Fire
2x Dispel

Captain
Pegasus
Plate, shield, pistol, Lance
The Magic missile ring (cant remember the name)

COre:

25 Sswords man
Command
10 Halb (d)
10 HG (d)

25 Flagellants

6 Knights
Full command

10 Huntsment

10 Xbows
5 FC (d)
5 fc (d)

10 HG
Marksman
HLR

Special

Mortar

Cannon

20 Greatwords
Command
10 Halberdies (d)
5 FC (d)

5outriders (or pistoleers, not sure yet)

Rare:

Hellblaster

Basic strategy is to sit back, cover flanks with calvary facing inwards. Wait for people to come to me, shoot them up them counter charge. All the while shooting as many bound items as possible.

Against defensive armies it's not quite as good but basically just means using the FC screens to get the others into combat.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
242 Posts
5 Things:

You need more bound Items if you want to do serious damage in the Magic phase. Give Priest Ring of Volans and the Lector the Casket.

Handgunners aren't going to kill much in a wait to shoot game as detachment (drop them to 5 man)

Generalisation is cool (as in Wizard, Battle Priest etc). But Capt needs a ward Save if he's to be truly scary.

Greatswords? Really? Better spent on second standard State troops. (in my opinion) and with spare points maybe 2nd HLR squad or Hell Storm?

Pistoleers are so much better than Outriders as a harrying unit. But looking at your tactic you'll be using Outriders

But looks cool!

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
Lords:

Arch Lector
Armour Metoric Iron
War Altar
GW get this guy a magic weapon (he's only str5 with the GW anyway) and Van Horstmann's Speculum for protection

Warrior PriestFor a better magic phase, make this guy a level 2 with the rod of power
GW/Shield

Battle Wiz - Level 2
Fire
2x Dispel

Captain
Pegasus
Plate, shield, pistol, Lance
The Magic missile ring (cant remember the name)Doomfire ring, and despite wha Mal says, I think he's perfect as is, enchanted shield is the only thing that could help him, or sword of might if you meet a lot of demons/treespirits

COre:

25 Sswords man
Command
10 Halb (d)I like swordsmen better, they have more survivability
10 HG (d)

25 Flagellants

6 Knights
Full commandI don't think you need the banner, unless there is a character, these guys easily bounce off ofthings.

10 Huntsmen wish they hadn't been nerfed by 7th

10 Xbows
5 FC (d)
5 fc (d)

10 HG
Marksman
HLRyou almost need 2 of these to make it worthwhile and give you a shot at taking out an enemy mage - maybe swap this same combo with the crossbows

Special

Mortar

Cannon I like having 2 of these, esp. in tournaments where people bring dragons, etc.

20 Greatwords
Command
10 Halberdies (d)
5 FC (d)

5outriders (or pistoleers, not sure yet) outriders sit back and shoot (need to be bigger 9-10), Pistoliers take the shooting to the enemy(need musician, champion with repeating pistol),

Rare:

Hellblaster helstrom rocket battery is more lethal
It's cool you have a friend to play with. Some of the suggestions are personal opinion/eperience with the army (hate any infantry except the handgunners and swordsmen), some are minor tweaks i think will make the army more competative and help you give your friend a run for his money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.