Librarium Online Forums banner

2 CC weapons 3 attacks

838 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Wraith 
#1 ·
A Dark Eldar Archon has 3 attacks listed on his profile. He is equipped with an Agoniser and a Splinter Pistol. In a melee situation, does he get 2 attacks with the Agoniser and 1 with the pistol? Do you differentiate these attacks by rolling with different dice? Or does he holster the splinter pistol because the shooting phase has finished and just go ballistic with his whip hand, like an old Thundercat toy with an action arm lever?

#3 ·
With 3 attacks on his profile and 2 CCW's, you'd have 4 attacks (unless the codex entry states that the bonus attack is included in the profile - sorry, no DE codex on hand)... plus a bonus one if charging. When you attack, you make all of your attacks with a single weapon of your choice. So you could either use all of your attacks with the pistol or all with the Agonizer. You can switch each combat round, too.

So basically, yeah... Thundercats HOOO!!!!!

#4 ·
As moob said, all attacks with one weapon chosen before their init step (say you had a power fist and an init 4 model, you couldn't wait until init 1 to roll your normal attacks, they would all have to be powerfists then). And yes, up to 5 attacks on the charge for a model with base 3 attacks and 2 CC weapons on the charge.

#5 ·
In agreeance with the two above me.
All i have to add is come to the DE page and read why a punisher is argueably better than an agoniser for an archon to wield. Although by all means form your own opinion, we just laid the groundwork.

oh. and be tortured... yeah thats it... I'm in the spirit of the DE...

#7 ·
Always good to know the finer points of your own troops... Having your opponent school you on the workings of your own army is always at least a little embarrassing.

And powerfists?? Yeah, they take plenty of time to get going, but they'll happily pummel you straight into next week once they do!

#8 ·
Hi,
The Archon is bit strange as he is totally unarmed as standard, that is you need to purchase from the Armoury some form of weapon to use his attack profile.

When you purchase the first close combat weapon you gain access to his attack profile of 3 and since you then went on to buy a second CC weapon the attacks rose to 4, and if you consequently charged it goes to 5.

The pistol in this case is just an aid to boost your number of attacks done with the primary weapon of the Agoniser and does nothing else in the combat phase (it could be your primary weapon but it's by far the inferior weapon in combat.)

The pistol is never “holstered” as such and is always available when you have a hand in which to use it – in other words you can’t use the pistol if you hold something with both hands (like a Splinter Rifle) and you can’t even select a pistol if you choose a to have a Punisher (Punisher specific rules here).

Are you confused yet? No, then visit the Dark Eldar forum where we can proper job on you!

#9 ·
wickywacky1, when you mention that purchasing a weapon grants the 3 attacks, does this mean for HQs that have no CC weapons listed they have zero attacks if I didn't buy any? This would mean a SM commander without any purchases has zero attacks then?

I have always thought that the attacks listed in a profile was based on whatever a model has, be it CC weapon, fist, claw, tooth etc.

#10 ·
wicky was a bit misleading in that statement. In short, even if you have no weapons at all, you attack with your normal A profile and strength.

#12 ·
I looked at my rulebook for the umpteenth time and found the answer you good people gave me was on the page about types of close combat weapons. It mentions choosing a primary weapon to attack with and using a secondary weapon to back up the attacks. Maybe that reference could have been better placed a few pages back with the rules for determining who hits first.
5 attacks on the charge is incredibly super good news, by the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.