Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought of some lists for vsing my brothers orks

He is using a battlewagon or looted wagon w/boomgun/killkannon, whatever its called.
usually a few kans or dreads, 4 bikes with nob/pk and 5 squads of 10-15 boys footsloggers.

I've tried heavy CC and that seems to work the best, besides the wagon with the giant ord gun he doesn't have any anti-tank, I hope to take advantage of it with this list.

sorcerer doombolt/melta bomb

6 csm /rhino/ flamer

7 csm /rhino /flamer

3 dakka preds, autocannon w/heavy bolter sponsons

defiler w/DCCW

another list that is just hoping to overwhelm him with high toughness CC troops and heavy fire from range.

typhus

pred w/tl lascannon/lascannon sponsons

6 havocs 3 Hbolters

6 havocs 3 Hbolters

6 plague marines champ/plasma pistol/ 2 flamers and melta bomb

6 plague marines champ/plasma pistol/ 2 flamers and melta bomb

Any thoughts? I know that the 2nd list doesn't have fast transport but he rarely gets anything fast too and he comes towards me from turn 1 so I don't think speed is that big of an issue.

The first list was mainly as many guns as I could fit onto tanks the CSM aren't full squads because its too many points, and I don't think anything more than a flamer and basic troops is enough to keep orks busy.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
You havent mentioned what scale battle you are playing? Im guessing its about 1000 points.

A good troop type to use against orks is sonic marines, with heavy 3 you will mow down those squads VERY fast.

the 1st list is illegal, you have 4 heavy support units, 3 preds and a defiler.

You could try out using 3 defilers, this might work well if you can whittle down the numbers with the ordanance to allow them to safley enter combat, the less orks in the unit alive the less chance the nob has of klawing the defiler to pieces. Id advise charging multiple deiflers into minimal squads to annhillate them in one go.

Duane, you seem to be using max heavy support and minimal troops, our chaos marines are excellant all rounders, i would suggest atleast trying out some more marines in your lists.

Dan

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My marines seem to get outnumbed so bad with his mass damn orks! last game I striked in 4 terms with powerfists to take care of anything that touched them and they were all wiped out before their turn by regular orks, there was so many hits that I failed all their saves.

I forgot that list was illegal, maybe I'll just take a 3rd marine squad.

I was thinking once to try 10 rines and rhino over and over with a chaos lord just to get as many men as possible but I figured it was too risky for the off-chance he goes lots of tanks.

But I'll see what I can come up with ok?

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorcerer doombolt/melta bomb

10 csm /rhino/ flamer

9 csm /rhino /flamer

2 dakka preds, autocannon w/heavy bolter sponsons

defiler w/DCCW

using what was left of the points to fill out the rest of the csm squads, against orks just regular csm do plenty well and keep their ground for turn after turn so maybe they will soak up the combat while the pred and defiler strike down on any tanks or kans

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chaos lord w/power weapon

10 csm + rhino w/2 meltaguns

pred w/twin-linked lascannon/ lascannon sponsons

Options for the last 145 points:

3 terminators w/Lclaws/2 ACs

5 khorne + rhino

6 raptors w/2 meltaguns

pred w/lascannon sponsons

5 possessed w/AC

vindicator w/daemonic possession

6 havocs w/3 heavy bolters OR 2 heavy bolters/ autocannon or missile launcher
135/140

the possessed, raptors, khorne and terms all sound good to me, as I think long range fire will be wasted as most of his units will hopefully be in CC sooner rather than later and LOS is always a problem...

What does everyone else think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts