Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends and I are currently playing at 750 points and are about ready to start expanding. Our next step is 1500 with the ultimate goal of 2000. My primary opponents are IG, Orks, Eldar and Tyranids, but we have chosen to not tailor our armies for each other, but rather for all comers. Below is my currently planned 2000 point list and I would very much appreciate your honest opinions on the list. It is followed by what I would remove for 1500 points. The 2000 list is my priority, which is why I put it first. Plus, I would prefer to purchase one set of models on the way to 2000 rather than have a bunch that I would no longer use.

HQ:
Vulkan He'Stan - 190

Troops:
10-man tactical squad with multimelta, flamer and razorback - 210
5-man scout squad with sniper rifles and camo cloaks - 90

Elites:
Dreadnought with multimelta, heavy flamer and drop pod - 150
Dreadnought with multimelta, heavy flamer and drop pod - 150
Assault Terminators with thunder hammers storm shield and land raider - 450

Heavy Support:
Whirlwind - 85
10-man devastator squad with 4 heavy bolters and powerfist - 255

My plan would be to put combat squad the tacts and put the flamer in the RBs and advance them with the LR protecting the more vulnerable flank of the tank line. The dreads would DP in to take out vehicle threats or infantry if there are no other targets. Finally, the MM half of the tacts and the devs would take up positions on prime firing lanes and hold objectives in my zone. The scouts will be used to pick off opposing small, elite units. They've been extremely effective in that role against IG HQ squads and ork bikes/choppas.

My biggest questions are what to do with the LR and devs. I picked the standard LR because of the longer range anti-tank weapons, which are the only ones in my list. At the same time though, I love redeemers with a multimelta on top just because they seem more fluffy.

For the devs, I took all heavy bolters because I lack long-range anti-infantry. Plus, they have the crazy chance of popping transports. The other thing I would consider is combat squading with two plasma cannons and meltabombs instead of the powerfist, but I really have no experience with plasma.

For 1500 points, I would drop one of the tactical squads, the land raider and another one of the RBs. I would also replace the assault termies with normal ones, which my local opponents are ok with proxying. With only 1RB for 2 squads, I'll have to be a little more clever with my advance, but I seem to have been doing fine without any transports at 750.

·
Festo Diata
917 Posts
This list looks great! It looks extremely effective to me; you've kept your options open for each squad, allowing your models to be able to tackle any opponent. The one thing I would suggest is to add a Multimelta to the top of your Land Raider. Because the Terminators will need to close with the enemy, you will be near enemy vehicles most likely. That cheap upgrade has gotten me many Kill Points; even better, yours will be twin linked!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How would you suggest I get the points? Should I lose the heavy flamer on one of the dreads or the camo cloaks on the scouts and add melta bombs somewhere?

·
Registered
65 Posts
only bad thing I notice on this list is that you will be at a big disadvantage in annihilation you have nearly 20 easy kill points. 1/3 chance of gettin that mission. otherwise, seriously stable list... so many small squads, doubt your opponent has enough bullets to kill all your units by the end of the game. :turtle: :?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In annihilation, I would probably keep my tacts and devs in one squad to lower the number of points. Also, if my opponent wants to shoot the pods, that's less firepower taking down my marines, which can actually hit back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.