Core:
35 Spearmen
12 Silver Helms
-Musician
20 Archers
-Musician

Rare: (19.45%)
2 Halfling Hot Pots (from Dogs of War)

10 Phoenix Guard (1 Keeper of the Flame)
-KotF: Dispel Scroll
-Musician

Can someone tell me on what page I can find the rules for Musicians in the 8th Ed. Rulebook? Thanks.

List B (2750):
Lord:
Teclis
-Lore of Life (TDB, Prevent miscast on a 2+, and all the other wonderful things about the lore)

Heroes:
Mage
-Staff of Solidity
-Seer Honour
-Lore of Death - Purple Sun of...you know what I mean.

Mage
-Seer Honour
-Pure of Heart Honour
-High Magic: Fortune is Fickle (Seems super OP now...maybe its just me)

Commander
BSB: Banner of Sorcery

Core:
20 Archers (1 Champion)
20 Archers (1 Champion)
20 Archers (1 Champion)
20 Archers (1 Champion)
30 Spearmen
-SB: Lion Standard
-Musician

Rare:
2 Halfling Hot Pots (from DoW)
4 Great Eagles

Notes: Put HHP in both lists because of super buffs to WMs. And the fact that they only cost 50 points, and various other details that make it worth (imho) the (low) points cost.

Please Comment!

·
Registered
223 Posts
The lists you have posted seem to be from the ealier edition of the High Elves book. Honors are no longer used. Likewise, Silverhelms are no longer core choices. It will be difficult for anyone to comment on this list without rebuilding it completely. For best results, I suggest you try to obtain the most recent copy of the army book and then ask for help. Sorry...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, found that out after going to the gaming store...oh well. Besides, now I have a better idea of what to do (played a game). Horde Spearmen with a level 4 mage with lore of life. Beat my T7 Regeneration (4+) spearmen that revive 1d6+1 per turn! On top of getting 5 ranks of attack when charged (2 ranks + 1 for spears + 1 for High Elf Spears + 1 for Horde formation). Rerolls to hit, always strikes first. God, its rediculus. And throne of vines prevents my miscasts for The Dwellers Below, if I have some power dice for it, and remains in play.

And then there's being able to strike first and reroll with great weapons. That doesn't even need more info.

My only problem is: how do I beat dwarven war machines lists when I have Teclis in my army? Whats the best way to get rid of their rediculus cannons?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts