Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was thinking about the destroyer the other day, and coming up with excuses for using it in a game. Anyway, I came up with the idea of a fire support list, all 72" range, no mercy. Ideally this list would be in a multi-player game where I could have an allied infantry army screening my tanks, but it might be fun to just put a line of heavy armor on the table.

HQ:
Leman Russ
Lascannon
Plasma Cannons
Improved Sponsons
Anti-Tank Rounds
Command Tank
Improved Comms
Extra Armor
305pts

Elites:
Destroyer Tank Hunter
Ace Gunners
Ace Tank
Extra Armor
265pts

6xStormtroopers
2xPlasma
Chimera
165pts

Troops:
Leman Russ
3xHbolters
Anti-Tank Rounds
175pts

Leman Russ
3xHBolters
Anti-Tank Rounds
175pts

Leman Russ
3xHBolters
Anti-Tank Rounds
175pts

Leman Russ
3xHBolters
Anti-Tank Rounds
175pts

Fast Attack:
Hellhound
115pts

Heavy Support:
Basilisk
Indirect Fire
Ace Gunners
150pts

Basilisk
Indirect Fire
Ace Gunners
150pts

Basilisk
Indirect Fire
Ace Gunners
150pts

Doctrines:
Anti-Tank Rounds
Ace Gunners
Improved Sponsons
Destroyer Tank Hunter

Ace gunners on the basilisks might be in excess, although rerolling scatter for indirect fire would be handy. Stormtroopers and hellhound are there to deal with any deepstrikers, although if I dropped them, indirect fire on the bassies, and the extra armor on the aces I could get a pair of exterminators for that. Or just drop the units themselves and snag another plasma/lascannon LR ace with anti-tank rounds. Meh, just a fun list for now, so it could go either way. Still putting down 8 pies and a saucer at 72" down the table regardless.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
BannedInFrance said:
I was thinking about the destroyer the other day, and coming up with excuses for using it in a game. Anyway, I came up with the idea of a fire support list, all 72" range, no mercy. Ideally this list would be in a multi-player game where I could have an allied infantry army screening my tanks, but it might be fun to just put a line of heavy armor on the table.

HQ:
Leman Russ
Lascannon
Plasma Cannons
Improved Sponsons
Anti-Tank Rounds
Command Tank
Improved Comms
Extra Armor
305pts

Elites:
Destroyer Tank Hunter
Ace Gunners
Ace Tank
Extra Armor
265pts

6xStormtroopers
2xPlasma
Chimera
165pts

Troops:
Leman Russ
3xHbolters
Anti-Tank Rounds
175pts

Leman Russ
3xHBolters
Anti-Tank Rounds
175pts

Leman Russ
3xHBolters
Anti-Tank Rounds
175pts

Leman Russ
3xHBolters
Anti-Tank Rounds
175pts

Fast Attack:
Hellhound
115pts

Heavy Support:
Basilisk
Indirect Fire
Ace Gunners
150pts

Basilisk
Indirect Fire
Ace Gunners
150pts

Basilisk
Indirect Fire
Ace Gunners
150pts

Doctrines:
Anti-Tank Rounds
Ace Gunners
Improved Sponsons
Destroyer Tank Hunter

Ace gunners on the basilisks might be in excess, although rerolling scatter for indirect fire would be handy. Stormtroopers and hellhound are there to deal with any deepstrikers, although if I dropped them, indirect fire on the bassies, and the extra armor on the aces I could get a pair of exterminators for that. Or just drop the units themselves and snag another plasma/lascannon LR ace with anti-tank rounds. Meh, just a fun list for now, so it could go either way. Still putting down 8 pies and a saucer at 72" down the table regardless.
Ace gunners on the bassies are a little excessive, I would look to spread some extra armour around.
Clearly you are going to have problems finding opponents willing to fight you, but no real objection to much else

1 - 2 of 2 Posts