WarHounds(5)

Minataurs(4)/GW:184
Marauder Hoursemen/spears/Musician:76

Fiend of Slaanesh
Fiend of Slaanesh

Total: 1998

Im doing a Tournament soon, got like about 2 weeks to practice and tweak the army, any suggestions or anything illegal which should be changed? Thanks!:)

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Possibly look at loosing the Marauder Cav for Centigor (more beasty! :)) Overall i like the look of the list though. Not a huge fan of Bestigor, but that it personal preference. A second Chariot would be a nice addition. I like the magic potential.

·
7,143 Posts
Another large Beast Herd maybe, and a second Chariot. Stick with the Bestis if you like though, i just think thyre are a bit too lightly armoured, making them a nice target for the enemy, at a high cost to you.

·
Registered
943 Posts
The army is very well built but I feel some changes would make the army better. Firstly with that magic D you don't need the pelt on your lord, Armour of Damnatin is a much better buy, moreover I would definetly try to get goretooth on one of your shaman, maybe drop a scroll.'

Also i think you need more units, instead of a 12/8 beast herd, try a 6/10, it is just as effective and costs much less. Also I assume there will be characters in th Bestis so I would drop them to 18-19. Also without a standard I feel only 3 minos per unit are needed with these changes (and drop the champ from a little unit_ I think you should get another 6/10 herd with command and if possible a chariot, beast chariots are insane. I hope this helps.

·
Nightlord
1,795 Posts
Looks pretty solid. I don't much care for bestigors, but you want them and some people love them. I am going to agree with Pheonix and say that I would like to have two large herds and two chariots. Large herds with 8 Gors and 12 Ungors seem to work the best. Keep the minotaurs in units of 4 unless you are playing as the all minotaur army.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
another charriot does sound good to me, its just i dont quite know what i woould eave out, maybe reduce the larger beast herd a bit and remove the Foe-render from the one unit. Not too sure what i would alter, I really find that the bestigor herd works really well and i feel that 3 minataurs in a unit is too few. Maybe drop 1 unit of wrhounds?

·
7,143 Posts
Id say your best bet for a Chariot would be to lose a Maru Cav unit for it. Also, assuming the Lord is going with the Bestis, then loose one of them from the unit too.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
Beastlord/Pelt of the Dark Young/Gaze of the Gods/GW/HA/Shield:165
Bray-Shamen(lv2)/Staff of Darkoth:135
Bray-Shamen(lv2)/Dispel Scroll/Spell Familiar/Bray-Staff:156
Bray-Shamen(lv2)/Dispel Scroll/Bray-Staff:141

Beast Herd/12 Gors/8 Ungors/Full Command:151
Beast Herd/5Gors/5 Ungors/Foe-Render/Musician:80
Beast Herd/5Gors/5 Ungors/Musician:60
Beastigor Herd(20)/Full Command/War Banner:295
Charriot
WarHounds(5)
WarHounds(5)

Fiend of Slaanesh
Fiend of Slaanesh

Total: 1998
!:)
I can't stand Bestigors. They've always underperformed for me, even if marked. I also think your Marauder Horsemen are a poor choice ~ not because they aren't Beasts, but because of what they are armed with. If you just want quick flanking units, get flails. If you want a true, multi-optioned fast cav unit, they should also have throwing axes. That way they can harass if needed, and not just jockey for position to flank charge. You need at least 1 more chariot, maybe 2 and if you want to take the Bestigors, maybe take a fewer number instead of 20. They're just too expensive and frail for what they do.

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Gday,

When running those bestigors, give them a specific purpose. In my list, I run 15, full command, mark of tzeentch, banner of wrath. They get 1 bound spell, generate one powerdice, and tend to clean up smaller units towards the end of the battle, or combi charge with a beastherd or giant. Expensive, but a great unit in my Tzeentch list.

Uses I can see for your unit would be:

Lord Bpdyguard. Obvious, yes, but you need to make you lord nigh untouchable. So, Gaze of the gods and Armour of Damnation are great. You still have room fdor a magic weapon if you like, but a GW , for s7 goodness, is fine too.

Fear and Terror hunter. The herds might struggle against foes like this (undead, daemons, ogres etc) but with the mark of Chaos Undivided, you shouldn't have too many problems. Chariots have this mark, too, so combi charge with a Chariot or two for devestating effect.

Dragon Slayer: Combine the first two points and you have this one. MOCU has a good chance of not fleeing in terror. Tool up the lord so he just WILL NOT die, issue a challenge and the static res of the unit will win the combat. You have to catch the thing when it breaks too, tho, so throwing a chariot in there just to pursue the dragon is a nice touch. Getting the charge off may be tricky, but lore of shaddoe and staff of darkoth should help heaps.

Hope those example help somwehat. As mentioned, the unit is expensive, so give them a purpose and exucute it.

Now the rest.

Swap those gor/ungor numbers. 7-8 gors is just about perfect for these guys. Lets ungors die to missiles, and if these some left, stab through with there spears, so the unit can do a little more damage AND its cheaper.

If your 2nd smaller herd is ambushing, then get it a Foerender everytime. Not just for the LD, but his stats are great when hunting small units.

Keep the minos as 4. They can kill stuff this way, and take certain units head on.

I reckon you could swap out both units of marauder horsemen for a chariot, then the rest could pay for things like AOD, Faerenders and such.

A small unit or 5 centigors would be great to belt through woods at high speeds, catching Woodies and other scouts off guard. They can flank, too, if needed.

Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beastigors:

The Beastigors have been and still are the rock of my army. Teamed up with the general they have really made a great team. I will admit that their armour isnt that great, however, T4 does make them a bit sturdier. In combat they are brilliant though. Their ranks and war banner with the general will normally put you up in combat res. And they normally come to the party. In regards to their weakness, magic and shooting i have 3 mages so i can deal with a fair amount of magic, and my abushers and magic capability should help to reduce shooters.

Charriots:

The charriots are a nice combo to have with the beasts but the fiends of slaanesh are really equal to the task, and the have another great strategic advantage: Unbreakable.

Beast Herd:

You are right about the numbers for the Gors. However, i just want really cheap units. 5 Gors =10 attacks which should deal with most shooters, or crew. Anyway, i just think that for 60pts you cant got too wrong.

Marauder Hoursemen:

The flails are a much better idea, thanks. They are here to hit flanks of either weakend units or units in combat. I definately would not spend 20pts on throwing axes so that they can kill one model a turn as three get shot down in my oponents turn. Basically, theyre cheap, fast cav and can do enough damage to work as flanking units.

Thanks guys!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.