Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After playing around with a few configurations, I've decided I'm not overly impressed with my Templars as far as the, ah, mad pwnage is concerned. I'd probably be able to do more with a Take the Fight to Them army. However, I have a love for mechanized armies. They're not the most competitive, but they're fun. I've tried this list once and it did reasonably well, but I thought I'd post it to the forums.

There isn't anything tricksy going on with the list. Each transport carries an HQ, usually with Chaplains in Rhinos and the Champion in the LRC. Putting a Chaplain in the LRC would give a bigger punch, but I want to keep the threat somewhat uniform.

I'm not entirely sure what changes I might want to make. It's rather low on numbers for my tastes, but that's somewhat unavoidable with all the tanks. I'm also trying to keep it fairly quick to play, and the fairly low numbers help with that. The LRC is rather expensive, however I want to stick with having four heavy support selections (essentially.)

Regardless, any comments or suggestions are of course welcome.

HQ:

Reclusiarch
-Terminator Honors
-Bolt Pistol
-Frag Grenades
=112pts

Reclusiarch
-Terminator Honors
-Bolt Pistol
-Frag Grenades
=112pts

Emperor’s Champion
-Uphold the Honor of the Emperor
=100pts

Elite:

Dreadnought
-Venerable
-Tank Hunter
-Twin-linked Lascannon
-Missile Launcher
-Extra Armor
=170pts

Troops:

Crusader Squad
-7x Initiate w/ BP & CCW
-1x Initiate w/ BP & Power Fist
-1x Initiate w/ Meltagun
-Frag Grenades
-Rhino w/ Extra Armor & Smoke
=236pts

Crusader Squad
-7x Initiate w/ BP & CCW
-1x Initiate w/ Meltagun
-Frag Grenades
-Rhino w/ Extra Armor & Smoke
=236pts

Crusader Squad
-8x Initiate w/ BP & CCW
-1x Initiate w/ Meltagun
-3x Neophyte w/ BP & CCW
-Land Raider Crusader
=480pts

Fast Attack:

Bike Squad
-3x Meltaguns
=126pts

Heavy Support:

Preadator Annihilator
-Heavy Bolter Sponsons
-Extra Armor
=135pts

Predator Annihilator
-Heavy Bolter Sponsons
-Extra Armor
=135pts

Vindicator
-Extra Armor
-Power of the Machine Spirit
=160pts

TOTAL = 2002 pts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have two concerns regarding drop pods, which may or may not be well founded. The first is simply enough, if I drop the Rhinos I have fewer pieces of armor that need to be blown up. I'm not sure how well the LRC is going to survive if it's the only transport on the table. It's easier to hide one tank than three though.

The second conern is that I see having a harder time getting a charge off with my drop pods than with my Rhinos, which reduces the effectiveness of the Chaplains. I could drop one of them, possibly replace the other with a Marshal, and use the extra points elsewhere however. An extra 100-150 points to play with is nothing to sneeze at. Plus, my foam board Drop Pods look better tham my foam board Rhinos. :)

Am I being over concerned with this? I don't intend to be stubborn or anything, I'm just trying to have an idea of what the pros and cons are when I play test things. It's much easier to decide what the answer should be if you know the questions.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well, as this is a friendly list, I'd say try it out and let us know how that works for you. The rhino vs. drop pod thing is the only point of contention that I see.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi All

Firstly. The LRC is a beautiful piece of machinery. It will rarely fail. Either the enemy stupidly pours ridiculous amounts of fire at it, which bounces off or they ignore it, allowing it to drive up and blast them and unlaod its assault troops. Either way it's a game winner.

I would suggest up gunning the predators to LC + 2x HB. You will appreciate the extra punch when it comes to dealing with Death company chaplains and terminators especially. It also helps when dealing with AV 14 vehicles.

Swapping a couple of Initiates for neophytes would pay for it.

The rest looks like a really cool list I like the bike idea and the vindicator sounds quite excellent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts