Lord Skrolk

Plague Priest with Warp Scroll
Plague Furnace

Plague Priest
Plague Furnace

3 x 30 Plague Monks w Bringer of the Word

10 Censer Bearers w Plague Chanter

Plagueclaw Catapult

That comes to 1983, could break the CB's down into 2 units and add a chanter to the other, or should I do something else?

Critical advice, recommendations or any other hints appreciated.

·
(Un)Official LO Map Maker
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so...how about those replies to help out people new to skaven. I thought that maybe only just over 100 models wasn't enough for 2000 points of skaven but whatever.

·
Registered
494 Posts
so i would stick skrolk in with the unit of censor bearers, drop one unit of monks, add FC's to the rest, get a unit of slaves or two. stormbanner and a chanter would be good too.

i ran a similar army list the first game i played after the new army book came out, and i owned face.

·
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ninja They do have full command (sorry, forgot my own army list). I don't want anything in my army other than Clan Pestilens models (so only monks, censer bearers, plagueclaws, furnaces, priests and of course skrolk) for fluff purposes.
The most (un)holy army of decay, only worshippers of plague are allowed entrance (we've got badges and everything!)
Why would I put Skrolk in with the Censers? I thought he'd be safer in the monks, more likely to pull off his Look out roll, censers draw attention and the censers could hurt him.
@Ronin Welcome to LO!
I need Skrolk to pull off an only Clan Pestilens army, I know he isn't great for his points but plague monks have to be core.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ronin does have a point, though. A single Grey Seer with 100 points of equipment (like dispel scrolls) and 3 units of 20 slaves comes to 460 points...10 points less then Skrolk with 60 more bodies to act as a frenzy screen.

Remember that every clan has slaves in it.

·
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This isn't a clan, I'm calling it more of a "brethren".
Each block, 2 of 30 with a plague furnace and one with skrolk and the censers alongside, will move forward to engage. Plagueclaw hits away at infantry so that I hold the combat resolution. Stand back for a phase or two to use magic power and attack. While slaves are great as fillers for armies, I want every model with at least 3 attacks and 4 toughness. No slaves. No clanrats. Plague to the max.

·
Registered
494 Posts
k, no slaves.... but im sure they would have those they would want to sacrifice to so they dont get frenzy baited, aka sacrifices to the great horned rat for his favor in battle!

i have put Skrolk in a unit of censor bearers, and it worked great. in skirmishers hes even harder to shoot at, plus the furnaces are going to be what draws attention not the 7 rat unit of censors with skrolk.....until its too late that is ;) let his unit dance around the big units of monks and aim for support flank charges since your furnaces are unbreakable this will be very easy to do because of his 360, 12" charge range with killer staff and P. Breath :D

·
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll take your advice, experiment both ways and see which is best. Yes, I know about frenzy baiting, every army has a weakness, why not let it be that?

·
Registered
494 Posts
well mainly you dont want your monk units to get flanked because that will make your furnace not in base contact with any enemy, basically making the furnace useless.

but thats the beauty of warhammer, try and try and get that perfect combo that works for you.

·
Koosh for the KooshLord
1,362 Posts
Quick thought: why not break down the third unit of plague monks into two screening units. That way, those that try to frenzy bait you will have to frenzy bait two expendable units before they get anything important?

Cheers,
-Koosh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts