Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at the end of the month, my local hobby shop hosts a fantasy hall of heroes, and I would like to field my chaos host instead of my ogre kingdoms, so here's what I got for now:

Lords & Heroes

Crom The Conqueror @ 230 pts

Aspiring Champion Of Chaos @ 230 pts
Battle Standard Bearer, Banner Of The Gods

Sorcerer Of Chaos @ 135 pts
2 Dispell Scrolls

Core

20 Warriors @ 325 pts
Shields
Full Command
Warbanner

16 Warriors @ 240 pts
Sheilds
Full Command

25 Marauders @ 175 pts
Light Armour, Shields
Full Command

5 Marauders Horsemen @ 101 pts
Throwing Axes, Flails
Musician

5 Marauders Horsemen @ 101 pts
Throwing Axes, Flails
Musician

5 Warhounds @ 30 pts

5 Warhounds @ 30 pts

Special

5 Chosen Knights @ 275 pts
Full Command

1 Chariot @ 120 pts

I would appreciate feedback ASAP, as if I was to add models, I would need to paint them up real quick.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Im not a Chaos general but I have a mate who playes Chaos too. He likes to field a spawn of chaos. He tries to cover it as much as possible until its in charge range, and it has been done quite succesfully..So perhaps you should try and add one of those.

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally agree on the usefulness of chaos spawns, but I feel they might turn away from my mortal theme.

Should I try to pump up my second warrior unit to 20 also?

·
Registered
198 Posts
How would spawn go against your theme?Their certainly not imortal infact they die pretty fast becsause of their mutations their just mutated human.I personally don't think that they go against your them.But it's your choice dude.Infact i think theyed go against a daemeonic armys theme lol.If you have the points i'd pump that squad up to twenty.

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps drop the battle standard bearer? Although with crom on the board, my marauders get the mark of chaos undivided, and benefit form the banner of the gods also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is all just my opinion and is fed by the way I play but these are the changes I would make (and are only suggestions):

a) Yes, bump the 2nd Warrior unit up to 20.

b) Drop the Chariot and change your Sorcerer to an Exalted Sorcerer (I tend to mount mine as well to get an early hit or two on light armored troops) Your Marauder Horsemen should provide ample flanking ability especially with the option of flanking with the Warhounds.

c) I use spears with my Marauder Horseman, yeah you only get the benefit on the charge but when charging a flank it gets pretty nasty.

I am no expert though, these are just some things that have worked for me. Good luck bud!

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
T1ckT0ck said:
b) Drop the Chariot and change your Sorcerer to an Exalted Sorcerer (I tend to mount mine as well to get an early hit or two on light armored troops) Your Marauder Horsemen should provide ample flanking ability especially with the option of flanking with the Warhounds.

this would emply me droping my chaos lord, and I can't loose is high leadership ( Crom knows marauders and warhounds need ti to stay in place!)

But I will bump the warriors to 20.

My marauders have flails, wich gives them S5 on the charge.

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think a secnd level of magic would be of any help, he would need the support of a second sorcerer to get through, and that's not what I would want really.

How about ditching 1 unit of horsemen in favour of an exalted/aspring champion?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nah I said change the Sorcerer to an Exalted, a lvl 4 would have a good impact, especially on light armored troops. I would keep the horsemen, though you have alot of fast moving units for flanking, I would use the horsemen more, but that's just me :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
You need some points to up the warriors, so I think waybe dropping the chariot would be
best. This gives you 60 points for the upgrade, and you have 68 more in total (counting
extras) to work with. You might consider uping your horsemen to 6, so they have an extra
body to lose and can still flank. Crom is an excellent buy, and you should keep him with
your low-magic theme. If you still have the points, you can mark the knights with nurgle or
something, and add a little psychology to the mix. Just one more thing for your foe to worry
about while facing this excellent list.

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I want to include a unit with a mark, I would need a hero with that mark has well.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Is that a special rule for crom? Because usually undivided armies can take any marks they
want. Youd only need a marked hero if you wanted him to join the knights.

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would have to include a here witht he same mark for army composition purposes, as it wouldn't be fluffy or very logical, especially in a Crom horde, after all he his the master of undivided.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Perhaps drop the battle standard bearer? Although with crom on the board, my marauders get the mark of chaos undivided, and benefit form the banner of the gods also.
All friendly models benefit within 6 inches anyways with the banner of the gods. (not just undivided, thats just included so you know who can carry the banner)

Crom is an awesome hero, I like you list and I run one very similar.

It's also true that you should only have a scroll carrier because theres no point in adding more magic to a combat list, and it wont get through anyways.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Special

5 Chosen Knights @ 275 pts
Full Command

You could drop the champ and standard in the chosen knights, as most of their res comes from their attacks and str. (10 WS 5 str 5 attacks and 5 WS 3 str 4 attacks) Having a standard does give you one extra but its almost pointless when you have that many attacks at such a high str. I rarely take banners with my knights and they do just fine. Also 20 points for an additional attack with the champ is 2 costly and its not worth it when you already have 15 attacks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts