Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i might be enter this up coming tourament which is 2000 points. its basicly be 3 games in one day and will be judge on general ship and other points and etc.

heres my list.

dracon w/ power weapon, tormentor helm, reaver jet bike, shadow field, combat drugs, plasma grenade, hell mask and gruesome talisman 144pts

drachite w/ agoniser, splinter pistol, combat drugs, plasma grenade, hell mask and gruesome talisman 100pts

7 wyches w/ wych weapons plasma grenade, succubus with agoniser and gruesome talisman 128pts
Raider w/ dark lance and horrorfex 60pts

warp beast pack w/ 5 warp beast and master 75pts

10 warriors w/ 2 dl 100pts

10 warriors w/ splinter cannon and blaster with sybarite with WWP and poison blades 158pts
Raider w/ dl 55pts
10 warriors w/ splinter cannon and blaster with sybarite with WWP and poison blades 158pts
Raider w/ dl 55pts

5 reavers w/ 2 blasters and succubus with power weapon, plasma grenade, tormentor helm, gruesome talisman and haywire grenade 189pts

7 reavers w/ 2 blasters and succubus with plasma grenade, gruesome talisman, power weapon and tormentor helm. 235pts

ravanger w/ 3 dissies and nightshield 140pts
ravanger w/ 3 dark lance 105pts
talos 100pts

total 2000 points and 87 models and 5 vehiecles

·
Registered
589 Posts
Ok, pretty good army list, now I'm assuming you are going on an all out charge with the warp beasts, bikes, wyches, and 2 raider squads. I just don't know if that would be good enough to penetrate an army's defence.

Now, I'm not a fan of warp beasts, since I have never had good results with them. If you like them keep them, if not, dump them since bolters(which are too common) pretty much crush them. Although they move fast, their attacks are not power weapons, it pisses me off gw didn't make them any better.

You have a dracon/drachite. Together it totals maybe 240 points. Ouch? That's hq heavy, especially for dark eldar. 1 shadow field means 1 hq. The drachite will get owned if boltered. I'd recomend losing it to add another wych squad in raider with a succubi tooled up. Dropping the warp beasts and the drachite should do this.

The bikes and heavy support seem fair enough. A lot more upgrades than I would've used but if they suit you well, go for it. Take a trial run against a buddy and see how you fair. Good luck.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dracon w/ power weapon, tormentor helm, reaver jet bike, shadow field, combat drugs, plasma grenade, hell mask and gruesome talisman 144pts

drachite w/ agoniser, splinter pistol, combat drugs, plasma grenade, hell mask and gruesome talisman 100pts

7 wyches w/ wych weapons plasma grenade, succubus with agoniser and gruesome talisman 128pts
Raider w/ dark lance 55pts

warp beast pack w/ 5 warp beast and master 75pts

15 warriors w/ sybarite with WWP 176pts
10 warriors w/ splinter cannon and blaster with sybarite with WWP 156pts
Raider w/ dl 55pts
10 warriors w/ splinter cannon and blaster with sybarite with WWP 156pts
Raider w/ dl 55pts

5 reavers w/ 2 blasters and succubus with power weapon, plasma grenade, tormentor helm, gruesome talisman and haywire grenade 189pts

5 reavers w/ 2 blasters and succubus with plasma grenade, gruesome talisman, power weapon and tormentor helm. 185pts

ravanger w/ 3 dissies 120pts
ravanger w/ 3 dark lance 105pts

total 1999 points.

this way i can have a 3rd portal so if they die i can still hopefully bring the third one in.

well the beast pack is a 75 point distraction. and ill just move cover to cover with it. and besides it might win combat and kill a squad out.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
The Incubi said:
Ok, pretty good army list, now I'm assuming you are going on an all out charge with the warp beasts, bikes, wyches, and 2 raider squads. I just don't know if that would be good enough to penetrate an army's defence.

Now, I'm not a fan of warp beasts, since I have never had good results with them. If you like them keep them, if not, dump them since bolters(which are too common) pretty much crush them. Although they move fast, their attacks are not power weapons, it pisses me off gw didn't make them any better.

You have a dracon/drachite. Together it totals maybe 240 points. Ouch? That's hq heavy, especially for dark eldar. 1 shadow field means 1 hq. The drachite will get owned if boltered. I'd recomend losing it to add another wych squad in raider with a succubi tooled up. Dropping the warp beasts and the drachite should do this.

The bikes and heavy support seem fair enough. A lot more upgrades than I would've used but if they suit you well, go for it. Take a trial run against a buddy and see how you fair. Good luck.
Na, Wych Dracites have that 4+ dodge save, so its ok to have one without the shadowfield.

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
good list but I dont know why you guys fall in love with jetbikes, I mean I think that the only reason you would ever play with them is just to make the game more exciting, not to win. They are comparably weak and usualy soak up some damage from the enemy, I would drop all the bikes and if you want to stay quick on the offence, i would get a wych squad or two, after all you will have more then enough points

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Na, incorrect, dark eldar bikes are infinitely superior to eldar bikes and in adition to this, they are 10 points cheaper. I can explain how in a PM if you want.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Reavers are very multi purpose, they can be anti tank with 2 blasters, they can be combat with a tooled succubus and drugs for the rest, they can be a very good distraction for your raiders when the turboboost up the field, the can be right up in the enemies face.

Comparing to eldar bikes:

10 points cheaper
+1 Ws
+1 Bs
+2 I
-1 Sv
Combat Drugs
Blasters and shredders instead of shuriken cannons.
Succubus instead of warlock.

So the only advantage eldar bikes have is the extra 1 save which is nothing compared to its disadvantages, and even though the reaver is better, its still significatly cheaper.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes reavers are really fagile, but they can hurt. i havnt tried this but its an idea.

get ur reavers to turbo boost from side to side and trying to draw fire. if not then try annoy your opponent with them.

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
I never actualy played with em but when i saw them in action i saw how they surrounded the rhino from all sides while the ravager nailed it. All units inside died, I never used this tactic but still the bikes can zap 24" with no action right? And 12" and assault the way remember?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
using reavers is a really hard task. they are not your average bikes. you need to take out small units with them and keep it out of los from the rest of the army. also try to use them to lure enemy closer, so your wyches or what ever take them out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts