Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally starting to put together a list for my Dwarf army. This is my first serious stab at one, so I imagine it'll be fairly off and I think I may be making things more expensive than I should.

The List:

Characters:

Lord
-Shield
-Shieldbearers
-Master Rune of Spite
-Rune of Resistance
=245pts

Runesmith
-Shield
-Master Rune of Balace
=122pts

Core:

Dwarf Warriors
-13x Warrior
-Full Command (16 total in squad)
-Shield
=169pts

Dwarf Longbeards
-13x Longbeard
-Full Command
-Great Weapons
-Shields
=249pts

Dwarf Longbeards
-17x Longbeard
-Full Command
-Shield
=265pts

Thunderers
-12x Thunderer
=168pts

Quarrelers
-12x Quarreler
=132pts

Special:

Hammerers
-11x Hammers
-Full Command
-Shields
=212pts

Grudge Thrower
-Rune of Accuracy
=105pts

Cannon
-Rune of Forging
=125pts

Bolt Thrower
-Rune of Penetration
=70pts

Rare:

Flame Cannon
=140pts

=2005pts

I'm willing to pick up a few extra units if necessary, but I haven't been very excited about painting my dwarves lately so I'm less keen on picking up more models until that changes. For reference, I have the following already available:

12x Thunderers
12x Quarrelers
51x Warriors (includes Longbeards)
15x Hammerers
10x Slayers
1x Lord
1x Rune Lord
1x Master Engineer
1x Standard Bearer
1x Lord w/ Shield Bearers
1x Josef Bugman
1x Grudge Thrower
1x Cannon
1x Bolt Thrower
1x Flame Cannon
10x Kislev Cavalry
16x Empire Soldier

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

·
Bearded Ninja
3,070 Posts
ah cool for listing what models you have spare.

Lord
-Shield
-Shieldbearers
-Master Rune of Spite
-Rune of Resistance
=245pts
intertesting choice but personally if you are going for the unkillable dwarf lord id go for a great weapon rather than the shield. the shield bearers alone give you a 2+ save which you have re-rolls on and a 4+ward. 4 S6 attacks even going last out do 4 S4.
Runesmith
-Shield
-Master Rune of Balace
=122pts
nothing wrong what so ever here though personally i like having great weapons on my dwarf characters the S6 is a real upside and not that big a disadvantage with such low I normally.

Dwarf Warriors
-13x Warrior
-Full Command (16 total in squad)
-Shield
=169pts

Dwarf Longbeards
-13x Longbeard
-Full Command
-Great Weapons
-Shields
=249pts

not bad though i prefere to have warrior and longbeard units at 20 strong. it lasts longer and seeing as we need to hold if we get charged the extra chance of return attacks help.

Dwarf Longbeards
-17x Longbeard
-Full Command
-Shield
=265pts
this is a bit more like it i think but im sure 1 unit of longbeards would be enough for a 2000 point army. maybe drop these back down to warriors and use the loose points to upsize the other units.

Thunderers
-12x Thunderer
=168pts

Quarrelers
-12x Quarreler
=132pts
i personally think this is a bit much for this level of points the 12 thunderers would probebly be enough to give your army shooting support along side your 4(!) warmachines. id drop the quarrelers and help bring all your warrior/longbeard units to 20 strong.

Hammerers
-11x Hammers
-Full Command
-Shields
=212pts
you have to remember that a dwarf lord on shieldbearers takes up 2 spaces in your front line so 14 hammerers would probebly work better if you want a 4/4 formation.

Grudge Thrower
-Rune of Accuracy
=105pts

Cannon
-Rune of Forging
=125pts

Bolt Thrower
-Rune of Penetration
=70pts

Rare:

Flame Cannon
=140pts
this is a bit much i think. 4 warmachines can be a bit exessive at this point level and will very much dominate your deployment. out of personal preference id drop the cannon and give both the grude thrower and bolt thrower engineers. the flame cannon is fine however.

hope this helps you a bit.

·
Consumate professional
3,514 Posts
its a pretty solid list, its unfortunate you don't have any ironbreakers or slayers available to you as a block of infantry with a 2+ armour save, and an unbreakable unit would have been good against the Brettonian Knights.

I can see the list you have there doing pretty well, just stand firm, shoot them as they come and dont let them charge your flanks! good luck!

Edit: also, personally id take an oath stone instead of shield bearers, again this is to protect you from flanking charges

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try and bang out a revised list tommorow (I'm completely unsurprised that I'm too heavy on the shooting.) Just a couple notes though, since it may not have been clear. I do in fact have a group of slayers. Just 10 of them, but I can proxy in a couple of regular warriors to bring it up to 12 without upsetting anybody. Also, the Warrior squads are 16/16/20 strong respectively. Wasn't sure if I should have said 13x + command, or 16x + command. I may have chosen poorly. :)

Thanks.

·
Consumate professional
3,514 Posts
Bob Dole said:
I'll try and bang out a revised list tommorow (I'm completely unsurprised that I'm too heavy on the shooting.) Just a couple notes though, since it may not have been clear. I do in fact have a group of slayers. Just 10 of them, but I can proxy in a couple of regular warriors to bring it up to 12 without upsetting anybody. Also, the Warrior squads are 16/16/20 strong respectively. Wasn't sure if I should have said 13x + command, or 16x + command. I may have chosen poorly. :)

Thanks.

ha ha sorry i didnt see the slayers (damn my eyes!) personally i think slayers would be pretty good for tying up those pesky knights but its purely a matter of playing style

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I completely missed that Slayers are unbreakable. I only have ten of them at the moment, but I could easily pick up the command blister to bring it up to 12. I'm reluctant to add them as I don't entirely understand the unit yet, and I'm still learning the rest of the army. If their job is simply to stand there, get charged, and then wail on things with slayer axes... then I understand. Otherwise, I'm not so sure.

I dropped a war machine and the Quarrelers. I dropped one of the LB squads to regular warriors as well. This freed up plenty of points to increase the squads to 20. I don't have the models, but I can sneak a couple crossbow models into my regiments and nobody that I play should care. I'm not sure if I should leave the Runesmith as an IC or if he should be stuck into one of the squads. I also tossed an Oath Stone on the Lord, so my Hammerers should be good and grizzly.

I have roughly enough points for another unit of something or another, either a smallish regiment of infantry or a third Hero. I could also spend them all on runes, but I don't think that's a great idea.

Updated List:

Characters:

Lord
-Great Weapon
-Shieldbearers
-Master Rune of Spite
-Rune of Resistance
-Oath Stone
=278pts

Runesmith
-Great Weapon
-Master Rune of Balace
-Master Rune of Gromril
=149pts

Core:

Dwarf Warriors
-20x Warrior
-Full Command
-Shield
=205pts

Dwarf Warriors
-20x Warriors
-Full Command
-Great Weapons
=225pts

Dwarf Longbeards
-20x Longbeard
-Full Command
-Shield
-Standard with Rune of Determination
=285pts

Thunderers
-12x Thunderer
=168pts

Special:

Hammerers
-14x Hammers
-Full Command
-Shields
=212pts

Grudge Thrower
-Rune of Accuracy
-Engineer
=120pts

Bolt Thrower
-Rune of Penetration
-Engineer
=85pts

Rare:

Flame Cannon
=140pts

=1867

·
Bearded Ninja
3,070 Posts
Lord
-Great Weapon
-Shieldbearers
-Master Rune of Spite
-Rune of Resistance
-Oath Stone
=278pts
sadly it is not allowed to have both shield bearers and a oathstone.

Dwarf Warriors
-20x Warrior
-Full Command
-Shield
=205pts

Dwarf Warriors
-20x Warriors
-Full Command
-Great Weapons
=225pts

Dwarf Longbeards
-20x Longbeard
-Full Command
-Shield
-Standard with Rune of Determination
=285pts
alot better here though as a note id rather try to equip the longbeards with great weapons than warriors. longbeards get S6 with a GW compared to S5 with a warrior. but if this set up works for you then go ahead. =]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.