+scout

10 skinks...60

10 skinks...60

4 kroxigor...232

10 saurus cav...425
+Full com
+warbanner

Stegadon...235

my plan is to join the oldblood, the saurus cold one hero, and scor together and they will romp around with massive fear causing ownage.

then join the steggy, crox, and JSOD and have them romp around with fear causing ownage.

the skinks are to screen, kill war machines and such

the saurus are to mop up whatever gets left after i run through their army.

my main problem is probably magic+shooting. i was wondering if i should do more to counteract these.

See less See more
#2 ·
Having a hero and a lord in the saurus cav unit is too much. Even two heros can be considered too much. the lord in the unit is plenty.

the shooting shouldn't be too much of a problem, because most of your army is very fast. Youll get into combat fast enough that youll either kill the shooting(pretty easily) or youll just be in combat and not be able to be shot at. Your sauruses are there to mop up what is left behind and even if they get shot a little, they should still be able to kill whats left(especially if its something left from the overpowering saurus cav)

magic shouldn't be much of a problem, because magic is supposed to do something. magic defence doesn't mean your opponent will never get any spells off(if you can, more power to you). Magic defence is when the magic does a little, but doesn't massacre you.

#3 ·
Well pretty much ALL shooting is going to be directed at your saurus cavalry. One way to counter this is to sacrifice movement and use a skink screen. The extra time it will take u to get to the enemy will probably be worth it since a ridiculous amount of shooting will be directed at a unit of saurus cav 10 strong anyway not to mention one with a scar-vet AND an oldblood.

I don't like having 4 kroxigors myself because they aren't as maneuverable as 3 but that's just my preference.

I would like to know why the JSOD has the enchanted shield. He can't use it in combat because the GW is two handed. If he opted to go HW and shield, he could use it but with a charge range of 18”, I can't think of many situations to use it. Which leads me to think it’s from shooting. It seems he would not be a likely target from shooting since a)he could be in a unit(-1 to hit) b) if he was traveling with the kroxigors and was within 5" he couldn't be targeted could he since they have US 12? and c)the saurus cav are going to be taking most shooting anyway(unless you use the screen)

The last two paragraphs were just suggestions to save you points for maybe a unit of skinks? Now looking at it not sure you even need that but taking out the krox gives u more than enough for a skink priest and maybe dropping the enchanted shield would give u enough for lvl 2? Not sure, hope i was some help anyway.

#4 · (Edited)
Well, i have the enchanted shield because i had 10 pts and i dont know what to do. Acutally i have something like 5 pts extra right now, so if you can find something for 15 that would be great.

also, i want the extra krox because of unit strength. I want to be able to outnumber anything hands down, so extra krox=you run cuz fear.

also i was considering the loss of speed for the skink screen. its a good idea and i will probably do it, but skinks wont stop big warmachine like things for very long. oh well something is better than nothing.

also i think i have found a solution for the overpowered saurus cav. it gets the lord out but, aufde you still might not like it. Ill post the new army below this.

Also i want to hear others' oppinions on how cheesy the SCOR are. Are they real cheesy, or not so bad.

#5 · (Edited)
New less cheesy(hopefully) fast, scary army.

Oldblood...496
+ Itzl
+ quetzl
+ tepok
+ Blade of Tzunki
+ LA, shield
+ Aura of quetzl
+ Carnosaur

Scar Vet...134
+ GW
+ Mark of Quetzl
+ Itzl
+ LA
+ Cold one

Scar Vet...139
+ GW
+ Tepok
+ Itzl
+ LA
+ Cold One

20 Saurus...300
+ Tepok
+ Full Com

10 Skinks...70
+ scout

10 Skinks...60

10 Skinks...60

10 Saurus cav...400
+ Full com

3 Terradons...105

stegadon...235

the two heros go with the saurus cav and the lord will run around with the stegadon killing stuff together.

the terradons do what flying stuff usually does.

first questions i have. Should i take out terradons for skinks. if i takem out i can get another 10, then have another 40 to do stuff with.

next i explain the simple steps i took to do this. here's the jist, i killed all the kroxes, then killed the JSOD and brought him back on a cold one. Next i gave the lord a carnosaur and with whats left i get some terradons.

I like this one better, but what do you in librarium land think.

#8 ·
if he took out the sauruses for skinks, he would have a lot of skinks.(300 pts of skinks besides the ones he already has)

and like Araith said, the sauruses are very good unit to clean up with. You can rely on them to take out even most full strength units(of course excluding things like chosen and other specialized units). I play chaos and sauruses have even taken out a full strength unit of warriors. they should be able to handle most things. they will definitly do way more than 300 pts of skinks.

#10 ·
yes, i have seen skinks take things out with high toughness too, my chaos warriors. but it takes about two turns to take out one. even with all of these skinks, they might be able to take out an entire unit. thats only if they don't get into combat.

sarauses can take out almost half of a unit of chaos warriors in one turn of combat. i think sauruses are much more effective than 300 pts of skinks.

#11 ·
against your chaos maybe 300 points of saurus are better than 300 points of skinks but there is no way to prove in ALL cases the saurus would be better than skinks because if it was true no one would use the other. It is also hard to compare the two considering they have very different rolls. Saurus are very hard to break in cc and dish out the damage. Skinks are for screening, march blocking, and harrassment.

#12 ·
Skinks are almost universally better than saurus, they perform so much more consistently, are very fast and can shred anything that gets in their way. They are the perfect skirmishing units, whereas saurus are expensive, clumsy and slow. skinks all the way.

#13 ·
well, skinks may be on the brink of broken for their points, but they do as someone else said have very different roles.

skinks may do well at march blocking, light shooting, setting up charges, screening, ect.
but when it comes down to kills they can't beat sauruses. saurus can kill entire units at a time by routing them. skinks can only kill like 2-3 guys per unit of skinks per turn. and thats with luck.

+i already have 3 units, i dont need 6 more.

we all know that skinks are good beyond all belief but why do many lizzy players still use sauruses? cuz they kill most stuff gooder. If you like skinks so much go play southlands.

#14 ·
LightningGus 3 said:
well, skinks may be on the brink of broken for their points, but they do as someone else said have very different roles.

skinks may do well at march blocking, light shooting, setting up charges, screening, ect.
but when it comes down to kills they can't beat sauruses. saurus can kill entire units at a time by routing them. skinks can only kill like 2-3 guys per unit of skinks per turn. and thats with luck.

+i already have 3 units, i dont need 6 more.

we all know that skinks are good beyond all belief but why do many lizzy players still use sauruses? cuz they kill most stuff gooder. If you like skinks so much go play southlands.
You are exactly right with everything you said.

Ker4 if skinks are so great and you beleive there's no reason to ever field saurus you HAVE to play southlands or your screwed. With all skirmishers plus a few special and rare choices you have to align to them and then it's very hard to get flank and rear charges. When CR is one of the most crucial things in WH this is bad.

#16 ·
Don't get me wrong. I love Skinks. Skinks can perfectly win. But you, Stonehambey and ker4, miss our point. Saurus are great too. They win too. But they just win in a different way. They win by holding their ground against almost anything and grinding the enemy to death with a large number of kills and CR.

Tai'shar

#17 · (Edited)
ker4 said:
I disagree.
nice arguement.

and besides, if we could get off of the skinks and get to the army i would appreiciate it.

i have now played one game against aufde, and i won. i used the second list, and the saurus did kill one entire unit of chaos warriors, and beat another unit in the first round(lucky rolls for me).

so any other fine tunings u think i should do would be apprieciated. maybe trade terradons for something or change the marks on something ect.

#18 ·
I disagree.
Yeah, if you would like to elaborate more, that would be nice(don't do it here though, because this is for army lists). LightningGus has made a thread for this argument so post there not here.

Yeah, the terradons never did anything, except stop one march the entire game. They probably wouldn't do much against any chaos army, because there are no warmachines to kill. Sadly, they almost did more from the javelins.(still didn't do anything with them, but they almost killed one guy.

The terradons probably would be more usefull against other armies, i would suggest leaving them in.

#20 ·
Since you have scouting skinks I'd drop the terradons the command on the SCOR and try n free up like 20 points to get 3 krox. that's jsut my suggestion as your stegadon is a hard hitter so ya don't NEED kroxigors at all I just think they're a great addition to any lizardman army. It's just a suggestion and only my opinion so your list looks fine.

#21 ·
Terradons cost quite a lot of points, but have an excellent stat line for a flier. I would keep them in as they fulfil a role against nearly every army.
Agreed. But, the problem against Chaos is that they have just better statlines.

Evan's suggestion is a fine one. Krox will serve you well against Chaos.

Tai'shar

#23 · (Edited)
I don't need krox, i wouldn't really know were to put them. The only real purpose they would serve is redundancy.
Redundancy in the way of if another hard hitter dies i can use the krox to fill in.

Also this is more of a tourney list, not just against chaos. I would like to have many alternative ways of killing enemy war machines, as they pose the largest threat to my hitters.

I do not disagree that krox would be a good addition, but i want the terradons and for some reason i am attached to the thought of having a full com in every unit that can have one.

i have gotten all the help i need. lets let this post drop so others can have a chance at the top. you don't need to post hear any more unless you have a great idea you think i need to know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.