Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there i'll be playing a 2vs2 game with some lizardmens against Vampire Counts and Dark Elves in a few weeks and here is my first draft :

Korhil (***)
Noble (181) Star Lance, Dragon Armour, Great Eagle
Mage (140) Dispel x2
Mage (140) Annulian Crystal

20 Spearmens (205) FC
10 Archers (***)

14 Phoenix Guards (240) FC
14 White Lions (265) FC, Lion Standard
5 Dragon princes of caledor (200) Fc
8 Shadow Warriors (***)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (***)
Repeater Bolt Thrower (***)
Great Eagle (**)

Any advice is welcome !

·
Registered
148 Posts
nice list but one big problem, your noble only has a 5+ save. If the dark elf player has brought a reaper then he will die in one turn to their shooting. not where you want to go.
nice job with thtthe mages as we are the most reliable army at shutting down the magic phase and that will hurt the vampire player badly "oh dear such a shame, ION is cast on a 7 now" I would also say drop the spearmen down to 18, you then get 19 attacks instead of 16 and these no matter how weak will help harm the skellies. nice choice with the archers, those zombies will fall really easily to those

my two cents =P

kick some ass

·
Registered
519 Posts
i don't like the noble on eagle as well.. i think i would put him on a horse, give him some magical armour, and put him with the dp's.

do you know what your partner will field yet? or will you find it out on the day of battle?
that might want you to change your list... per example, if he has some big units in there, you won't need the spearmen as much, so i would choose 10 more archers. the points that would come free would be enough to get both your WL and PG's to unit size 17 giving you a better frontage

good luck!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The first thing that strikes my eyes is the lack of lord. I'd take advantage of being able to field one, but I guess it could do even without it. I'll complain about the Eagle Noble also, I think he's in dire need of an Enchanted Shield. Other than that I think your list is pretty nice.

Good luck!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys thanks for the comments.

About the eagle guy yeah i forgot to put on the enchanted shield, in my mind it was :)
His role would be to deal with the black coach if need be.

I'm unsure aswell about the spears but i thought i needed one more hand to hand unit.

My friend usually plays a few skinks, 2*15 strong units of saurus, a 5 strong unit on saurus on coldblood, a godmachinethingy on stegadon and 3 razordons.

About the lord i don't know, i just don't know if i should field one, the guys we'll be facing will prolly go magic heavy so i don't see myself with an archmage and the prince doesn't offer much for the price difference imo.

If you guys have any ideas let me know :dance:

·
2,244 Posts
Assuming that your noble has Enchanted shield then your characters are good, you don't need a Lord, a BSB would be nice with all that stubborn though but you need the hunter and the magic defense.

If you are allowed to change lists between battles then I would be tempted to turn White Lions into Swordmasters, I think they are better against Undead and Daemons but woeful against Dark Elves and Skinks.

I like the Spearmen, although I would like to give them the Lion Standard and give the banner of balance to the White Lions in order to afford the changes I would drop 2 Shadow Warriors and the musician from the DP, (If they tie combat I would prefer them to run and charge back in next turn, 3d6 escapes about 75% of the time) same could be said of their banner being unnecessary.

Have fun and good luck let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey there guys, thanks for the comments Allonaire.

The game i'll be playing will be along the lizardmen against vampires and dark elves in fact.
So 2*2000 vs 2*2000.

Here is my last draft, looks decent enough for me.

Noble (137) Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Reaver Bow
Noble (191) Star Lance, Dragon Armour, Enchanted Shield, Great Eagle
Mage (140) Dispel x2
Mage (140) Annulian Crystal

10 Archers (xxx)
10 Archers (xxx)

14 Phoenix Guards (240) FC
15 White Lions (300) FC, Standard of Balance
5 Dragon princes of caledor (185) C, Amulet of Light
6 Shadow Warriors (xx)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (xxx)
Great Eagle (xx)

·
Registered
519 Posts
looks like a good solid list:) 3 RBT's: wow!

there's just 1 question that came up: why did you go for the DP champion with amulet of light? do you really need the magical attacks? otherwise i would just add another normal DP model, or some shadow warriors :)

good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.