5 Chaos Warhounds

Rare 225
Chaos Spawn
Mark of Slaanesh
Chaos Spawn
Mark of Slaanesh
Chaos Spawn
Mark of Slaanesh

Pretty basic list, I wanted a strong Marauder feel to the list. I have yet to use the lore of slaanesh or the Sorcereor Lord (this is the first list above 1000 I have made) so I'm not sure about his set up.
I have used a single chaos spawn and loved him as a flank guard, but I am not sure if 3 spawn are too many, I figure they are somewhat cheap and i will have 3 models so I might as well use them.
I think the block of 20 Marauders should be effective since they wont run and be quite the painful tarpit. (or am wrong?)
I of course request all c&c and advice on how to play the list (especially the lord; i figure he will run around on his own spamming spells etc) and finally what to do with the last 17 points?
Thanks in advance! :beer:

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
If you haven't yet, put your exalted on a steed. If you can afford somehow a demonic mount or palanquin it'd be better, since your warriors aren't slaanesh, the fear from the mount makes one of your units immune to fear.

The slaanesh lore is great. I've been using it exclusively for my lvl4 for a few months now. Your set up is nice. 1+ armor save 6+ ward is nothing to joke about. I run mine on a dragon, so its a different situation, but I give him regen instead of a shield.

I don't know how much good soporific musk is for you. Its worth testing, but if you need to find points for something else, that's a good thing to drop as well as a unit of dogs or 2. You'd be better served with 1 less dog unit and making your nurgle guy a lvl2.

I don't have much experience with spawns. I think they do fine for their points, but I don't have much confidence in their killing ability, so I'd never mark them. I'd keep them dirt cheap and use those points elsewhere.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If i had the model for the steed I deff would put the exalted on one, but unfortunately; funds are short :beer:

The slaanesh lore seems fun, how should I use the sorceror? I am thinking of using him as a wizard hunter/keeping him by himself. with the steed of slaanesh i *should* be able to keep him safe... would he be better off in a unit?

I might drop Musk for different equipment (maybe another scroll vs a magic heavy army) dropping the dogs and musk is 50 points... hmmm

Thanks for the help so far!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.