Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Just wanted to put this list out there to see if it's utterly horrible.

I'm playing a friendly 2000 pt game against O&G, mostly Night Goblins, with tons of Fanatics and not a single spell caster. I'm looking to see how this list might perform, and how I might tweak it in the future. This is only my second game ever, and first time using Treekin and Alter and Waywatcher Lords/Heroes. I likey my shooty (going for an all or mostly shooty WE army eventually.)

Lord:
Highborn - 256
-Waywatcher Kindred
-Bow of Loren
-Arcane Bodkins
-Additional Hand Weapon

Hero:
Noble - 158
-Great Weapon
- Shield
- Light Armor
- Alter Kindred
- Helm of the Hunt
- Hail of Doom arrow.

Core:
13 Glade Guard - 156
- Musician

13 Glade Guard - 156
- Musician

10 Scouts - 176
-Musician

5 Glade Riders - 123
-Musician
-Standard

5 Glade Riders - 123
-Musician
-Standard

5 Glade Riders - 123
-Musician
-Standard

12 Dryads - 156
-Branchnymph

Special:

3 Warhawk Riders - 120

3 Treekin - 215
- Elder

Rare:

9 Waywatchers - 224
-Shadow Sentinel (Because I still had 10 points to fill)

Total: 1998

So... is this list horrible? Can I blame it when I get slaughtered mercilessly? Or will I only have my own stupidity and bad luck to blame? Advice is mucho appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
waywatcher rule on the highborn

you have a ton of core units but they don't pack the hammer needed sometimes. I would put in some war dancers/treeman. Also add some wild riders to the list mount up a hero with them drop the waywatchers down to 5 with the scout. They will always get slaughtered if your trying to abuse them for their KB. If you really want to keep 10 atleast split them into 2 groups of 5.

Glade Guard always run in 10s. Just because it makes the 5 man front and an extra rank if u have a hill. So anything more then 10 is just a little much.

drop dryads down to 8.

IF you know the other players are going to have very little magic its your time to shine and abuse your own. I would add a spellsinger. WE magic is terrain movement If you know you will have control over the board y not take it and abuse it.

Its just alot of little changes. you just have 2 units of pow and bunch of others that might bait charges and such. But after those 2 units are gone (Dryads and treekin) your going to be dead in the water.

Just my thoughts I'm not that great of a player soo don't take what i say to heart!

·
4,361 Posts
Well, I think alot of your units are too big. I agree with eviljello, glade guard should be 10 man units, scouts work best at 5 man units, as do waywatchers IMO. Putting standards with the GR's just gives up victory points to your opponent. Also, an elder with the treekin isn't worth the points IMO. Dryads really work best in groups of 8 also, wouldn't go higher than 10 personally.

The waywatcher noble loses KB with magic bow and arrows and being out front is not really a good place to be with him. Just make him a no kindred and place him with the glade guard to you get the most shots from him.

I agree that magic could really help you win, but as it is a freindly game, you might want to avoid gaining an advantage that way.

So in summary, I would cut down the units of GG to 10, the WW to 5, go with one unit of scouts at 5, drop the standards on the GR's, eliminate the elder on the treekin, drop the dryads to a max of 10, and take the waywatcher kindred off the highborn.

With the extra points, I would add 1 treekin to make the unit 4 wide, and add a special unit of either wardancers, or wild riders. And maybe another unit of dryads.

That would be my advice. Good luck.

SirKently

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.