Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sparked this list was when I played a friend's Ravenwing with all its bikes and speeders and I wanted to try a variation on that using a traits army...

Traits
Blessed be the Warriors
Be Swift as the Wind

Aspire to Glory
We Stand Alone

HQ

Reclusiarch - Plasma Pistol,Jump Pack,FG,T. Hnrs
Attached to Assault Squad

ELITES

Assault Squad x9 - Frag G.,Plasma Pistol x2
Vet Serg - Frag G.,BP,PF
Furious Charge

Venerable Dread - TLLC,ML
Tank Hunters

Scout Bike Squad x3 - Frag G.,Melta Bombs
Skilled Riders
Tank Hunters

TROOPS

Bike Squad x4 - Frag G.,Plasmagun x2
Attack Bike - Frag G.,Heavy Bolter
Vet Serg - Frag G.,BP,PW

Vet Serg - Frag G.,BP,PW

Attack Bike Squad x2 - Frag G.,Multi Melta x2

FAST ATTACK

LST - HB,AC

LST - HB,AC

LST - HB,AC

HEAVY SUPPORT

Vindicator - PotMS,Smoke

Predator Annihilator - TLLC,HB Sponsons,EA

Predator Annihilator - TLLC,HB Sponsons,EA

I just like the idea of a mobile army and something different... well, even tho its still a 'boring' SM army... :p

Advice?

How would you rate this list?

Flame away!

Thanks!

· Registered
2,095 Posts
kycer said:
Scout Bike Squad x3 - Frag G.,Melta Bombs
Skilled Riders
Tank Hunters
Nice. Remember, you can start 12" from your table edge, scout move 12", then move 12", and then assault 6". Out of the 48" of a table width, you can charge 42". On the first turn, you could slap 3 meltabombs on a non-moving vehicle, and easily blow it up.

Vet Serg - Frag G.,BP,PW

Vet Serg - Frag G.,BP,PW
Either make them 5 man squads w/ 2 meltaguns and attack bike w/ multi-melta, and mandatory sergeant w/ BP, or make them 3 man squads with 2 plasma guns. The bigger squad can kill about 6 Space Maines per turn, and the plasma squads are just mobile plasma that can cause some serious damage to heavy infantry or light vehicles.

Attack Bike Squad x2 - Frag G.,Multi Melta x2
This is illegal. Troop selections need at least 5 models in a BSASW armies.

How would you rate this list?
I don't rate lists, I improve them so I don't have to rate them.

Flame away!
Not a good idea, though I think I said the exact same thing when posting my first list here...

Cheers!
Ezekiel1990

1,485 Posts
Its infiltrators then the bike move then the charge. I like the list but you do have to move some things around. Make one of the bike troops melta and the other plasma then put the assault bikes in there cause I don't think you can have 5 attack bikes in a squad right.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Ezekiel1990 - Thanks for the help and advice!

Yea, I took out the illeagal attack bike squad and 2 assault troops (I read somewhere on here that 8 is better, easier to hide etc) to put in another bike squad per your advice.

As for the 'flame away!', yea, a bit insecure as I still would consider myself a newb...

I play alot of MEQ armies which is the reason for me trying to pack in all the plasma (necros, sob, ba, ravenwing...)

@4theEmperor! - scout bike squads get the 'scouts' universal special rule (p74 i think? ill have to double check the pg # when I get home). This means they can move their normal move (12') before the first turn, 12' during the movement phase, 6' during assault phase, and you could add 12' for the deployment setup as well. So its possible to move 42' on turn 1 and assault that LR. The scouts are toast next turn but I'd trade their 80pts for the 250pt LR plus the psychological factor of your oppenent losing their star unit on turn 1...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.