Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a few friendly games with some mates and I've been trying to put bit of an all comers together. Need some help finishing it out. Suggestions overall welcome.

Grimm Burloksson - 165

18 Quarrelers - 216

Runesmith- 113
2x RoS Breaking
Ro Stone
Shield

Thane- 171
BsB
2x Ro Iron
Mro Gromril

25 Hammerers- 405
FC+ Shields

30 Warriors- 350
GW+ Shields

Banner+ Musician

30 Warriors- 350
GW+ Shields
Banner+ Musician

Total 1785 and leaves me with 215 to play around with, I was thinking something in the region of warmachines or the banner of Groth one eye for a stubborn bubble. List is changeable please let me know your thoughts folks.

FA

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
I would drop the gear on the BSB. Give him a shield and the master rune of grungi on the banner. Drop the shields on the GW warriors and with grim I would use Thunderers as the extra range he can give is amazing on them. Also Maybe more than 25 hammers if you can 30+ is what you should be aiming for. Maybe bump the shooting guys up to 19+grim. Cannons for any points left.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feed back, some good ideas I think. I may try pump up the hammerers and I see the benefit in dropping the shields in favor of the cheaper bsb with the ward.

The main reason I took the quarrelers instead of the thunderers is because with their extra range I can use the grimm to re-roll their to hits. The runesmith giving them Armour piercing as I need one anyway. Or at least I think he does by giving the unit Armour piercing does that included their ranged weapons?

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Look up the rules for armour piercing. It's only on combat attacks unless otherwise stated.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok working on new list at he mo. Is the Armour piercing on the thunderers worth the swap on the quarrelers reliability? Effectively to use the extra range I give up the re rolls to hit. At least on the first turn. On avoidance enemies the quarrelers can be boosted up to 42".

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
It is down to taste. I would always go for the handguns if I could, some would always go for the Xbows.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hmmmm I shall check my book later pretty sure the rune priest gives armour piercing to everything.

The list seems awfully small at 2000pts and with no artillery. No point to the shields on the great weapon warriors at the moment you have 3 hammers no anvils I never leave home without at least 1 iron breakers unit. Oath stone those bad boys and they are never moving also looks like you have to many points in core you really want minimum core. I have had a great deal of success with my dwarf lists and I always anchor my line on a unit of stubborn iron breakers with thane master banner of grungi and rune priest shield stone and master Rune of balance. Tbh my list I posted on here my line was long beards shields with the thane and rune and then iron breakers either side with a rune priest in each the whole army got armour piercing and a 4++ against magic not that many spells get through :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok currently revised list.

Grimm Burloksson - 165

18 Thunderers - 216

Runesmith- 93
1x RoS Breaking
Ro Stone
Shield

Thane- 153
BsB
Shield
MroGungni

30 Hammerers- 515
Banner + Musician
Banner of Groth one eye

30 Warriors- 320
GW
Banner+ Musician

29 Warriors- 310
GW
Banner+ Musician

Cannon- 145
Ro Forging

Organ gun- 145
Ro Accuracy

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well thought it only fair to pop on and tell you guys how the list fared.

6 X 4 vs Ogres.

His list consisted of 4 mourn fang, a Iron-blaster and a gut star 15 iron guts and a fire belly, slaughter master and BSB.

For the most part I was lucky and got first turn. Ancestral grudged a 3 for character v character hatred.

From the outset I considered the gut star the largest threat and moved to counter this. Mainly I deployed and moved to interpose one of the warrior units in front of the star and some what in front of the hammerers.

Shooting started with a cannon miss fire 10 from the back of the Iron Blaster. Luckily forging gave me a 6 on the reroll and a bounce of 4. Rolled a 6 to pop all its wounds off. The mourn fang took a wound from the range increased thunderers. Organ gun popping another 2 off after rolling an 8 and a misfire.

In their turn they came barreling on casting regen on the gutstar which I failed to dispell and a level 2 fireball that knocked out 3 hammerers. 4 pistol shots between the riders and star unit taking another.

Back to my turn and I began to move my hammerers to a side position with the warriors still in front. Second unit of warriors with the runesmith moved to position themselves between the cav and my thunderers.

Shooting was a mix of good and disappointing. Burlokkson rolled a 1 and the thunderers could not get their re-roll to hits, a disapointing to hit roll resulting in a further wound only on the cav. The cannon I sent 10 from the back of the second row in the ogre bunker where the characters are hidden. Rolled enough to get 4 ranks but on the first d6 wound roll I got a 2 and the ball went no further. The organ gun proving much more fruitful in inflicting 5 wounds on the unit after regen popping 2 models.

After this it was their turn again and on came the charges. An 11 from the cav took them into the warriors on their side and the star rolled a 10" charge into the other warrior block. Now for the fun part. Magic saw a low roll and luckily no spells went off.

The cav took down 11 warriors in their attack phase and in return the warriors killed out another rider and a extra wound and held with steadfast. The other warrior block did not fair as well and lost 18 models after impact hits, breath weapon and attacks. They took down an ogre and a wound in their combat in response. Its now that my opponent was not so pleasantly surprised to find them stubborn thanks to groth one eye. They hold them in place and I get my go in response.

Movement saw the hammerers move around and wheel a bit to target the flank of the ogres. Thunderers shuffeled a bit to give them a better position slightly farther away since they were unable to shoot that turn. Combat brought down another 7 warriors v the cav and in response we reduce the cav to a model on a wound. Gogo steadfast again. Gutstar combat took the unit down to a single model! man o man am I loving stubborn from groth one eye haha! Took out another 2 ogres before this happened.

My turn started with a charge to the flank of the star with the hammerers. Combat with the first warrior unit finished off the cav and left the unit with 8 models. They pivoted towards the the star combat. The main combat saw the last warrior die off and the hammerers lose 6 men. In response the hammerers doubled up and inflicted 10 into the star and two on the slaughter master. Boom failed their leadership on a 9 first then a re-roll to a mighty 11! cue the 3 inch run with the hammerers catching them with a 7.

And thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Sorry if its a bit rough but I have not written a battle report before but the game went fairly quick ending turn 3. Hope you enjoy.

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Well done mate. I hate gut stars with a passion, you seam to of used your list well and the dice gods always help.
Good win, keep it up!
Lucas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts