Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys, ive played ig for a while but this is the first 'heavy fire power' army i have done, lots of heavy weapons, more or less all static with a couple of support squads, its proberly a very poor job but all advice and opinions are welcome =]

Doctrines:
Storm trooper squads
Close order drill
Sharp shooters
iron dicipline
xeno-fighters (either tau or necrons)

HQ

Heroic Senior Officer
Las pistol & ccw
Power fist
Bionics
Carapace armour

Medic
Master vox
Heavy bolter
commisar w.bolt pistol & carapace

3 heavy bolters
3 heavy bolters
3 las-cannons

Elites

Storm troopers w. seargant (10)
2 melta guns
deepstrike

storm troopers w. seargant (10)
2 melta guns
deepstrike

Troops

1st Platoon

Junior officer
1 las-cannon
vox
grenade launcher

squad 1

10 guardsmen
autocannon
vox

squad 2

10 guardsmen
autocannon
vox

2nd Platoon

Junior officer
vox
grenade launcher

squad 1

10 guardsmen
vox
meltagun

squad 2

10 guardsmen
vox
meltagun

Fast Attack

Hellhound
extra amour
smoke launchers

Sentinal squadron (3)
3 autocannons

Heavy Support

Basilisk
indirect fire
extra armour
smoke launchers
Basilisk
indirect fire
extra armour
smoke launchers

Lemun russ
las-cannon
extra armour
smoke launchers

So now i have a fair few extra points for something else, any ideas ? :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Well, first off, you should probably read the forum rules. I'm sure a mod will come along and take all the individual points costs off of your post.

Second, your doctrines... I hope that you aren't planning on switching back and forth between Xenos Fighters Tau and Necrons, as that's bad form and specifically warned against in the codex. I hope that you mean you haven't decided on which one you are taking, though its worth pointing out that a guardsman's basic WS already hits Tau on a 3+, and that beyond that, the codex does not state that Necrons or Tau are even a viable choice for Xenos Fighters.

Also, you have the sharpshooters doctrine, but you haven't applied it to anything. I'd suggest you apply it to your lascannon support squad at the least.

You also haven't applied Iron Discipline to any of your officers.

Okay, your HQ is overly kitted out, especially considering that you have a heavy bolter in your commander's retinue, yet you're paying for a powerfist and a commissar, who are generally made for close combat. Carapace armor is a waste, as you'll be dishing wounds out to your regular guardsmen before your commander. As for bionics, well, if you want an invulnerable save, just take a refractor field. Personally, I don't think you'll need either.

Your Stormtroopers look good.

If you want to play a static list, you need to bring more bodies along in your infantry platoons. You still have a bunch of points leftover, and if you take my advice on the command squad, you should be able to get a few more squads out of that. Also, since you're playing static, you might as well take heavy weapons on your second platoon. If you want to stick in a few squads without to be objective takers that's fine, but if you're gunlining it, what usually happens is you shoot an enemy to pieces first, then you go scramble for objectives.

With your sentinels, I'd suggest splitting them up. Take two as two different fast attack choices and put the third as your HQ's sentinel support. This way each sentinel doesn't have to take the wounds from another.

Your Basilisks probably do not need smoke, as you're gonna want to keep them concealed anyway. Adding Heavy Bolter sponsons on a Leman Russ makes it a real beast, especially if you change the hull mounted lascannon to a heavy bolter.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It dont seem to be that heavy fire power, personally i'd make the two troop platoons 5 squads each with grenade and missile, add another lascannon support, add vets with plasma that should be close, if not add some mortars.

I dont think you should play 1 leman, and 1 hound, they probs get shot at alot being the only "tanks" in line of sight. Again the sentinals could be line squads and would probably do better

Loose the vox give em all iron discipline and COD, and take a flag

I just think you'd get way more firepower that way :p

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
If you drop the Hellhound and most of the equipment on your HSO (he doesn't need all that, his job is leadership) then you can field a second Leman Russ and split the Sentinels into 3 one-man squads. Much more survivable all around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts