Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been building myself some Hardened Vets as a small project, and being the addictive personality that I am, I've seriously considered attempting to build an army to go with them.
So far I don't really have anything in the way of fluff, but what I do have is:

The system Skaagos has been a significant source for the {insert Sector}'s heavy metal requirements for millenia. Of the 10 planets circling the old star, only the third planet is considered vaguely inhabitable (with most of the mining done on the other planets rendering them wastelands, and the processing on their moons), but even then the industrial hives dotting the planet have left it with significant atmospheric pollutants that render anything below 1km above sea level unlivable to humans.
Skaagos Tertiary recruits most of it's Imperial Tithe from amongst the workers in the Industrial Hives; however it is from the mines on the other planets that the most brutal and hardy soldiers are recruited. Invariably these soldiers are placed in units where their experience in tunnel fighting is highly valued.
The Leader of the 7th Veteran Unit, is always a highly decorated sergeant who has advanced through the ranks.

Skaagos Tertiary 37th (Trenchers)

Doctrines
Allow Heavy Weapon Platoons
Skills and Drills: Hardened Fighters
Skills and Drills: Veterans
Special Equipment: Carapace Armour
Special Equipment: Chem-Inhalers

Command Platoon @ 357 Pts
Command Squad
4 Guardsmen; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Lasgun (x1); Grenade Launcher (x2); Missile Launcher
Senior Officer; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Bolt Pistol; Power Weapon

Anti-Tank Squad; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Lasgun (x3); Missile Launcher (x3)

Mortar Squad; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Lasgun (x3); Mortar (x3)

7th Veterans @ 208 Pts
9 Hardened Veterans; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Hardened Fighters; Shotgun (x5); Flamer (x1); Grenade Launcher (x2); Missile Launcher; Frag Grenades
Veteran Sergeant; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Hardened Fighters; Honorifica Imperialis; Bolt Pistol; Power Weapon; Frag Grenades

21st Infantry Platoon @ 320 Pts
Command Squad
4 Guardsmen; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Lasgun (x1); Grenade Launcher (x2); Missile Launcher
Junior Officer; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Close Combat Weapon; Laspistol

1st Infantry Squad; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Lasgun (x7); Grenade Launcher; Autocannon
Sergeant; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Shotgun

2nd Infantry Squad; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Lasgun (x7); Flamer; Heavy Bolter

32nd Infantry Platoon @ 320 Pts
Command Squad

1st Infantry Squad; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Lasgun (x7); Grenade Launcher; Autocannon

2nd Infantry Squad; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Lasgun (x7); Flamer; Heavy Bolter

Sentinel Squadron @ 73 Pts
1 Sentinel @ [73] Pts
Hardened Fighters; Hunter Killer Missile; Smoke Launchers; Autocannon (x1)

1 Sentinel @ [73] Pts

1 Sentinel @ [73] Pts

14th Heavy Weapons Platoon @ 446 Pts
Command Squad

Anti-Tank Squad; Carapace Armour; Chem-Inhaler; Lasgun (x3); Missile Launcher (x3)

Basilisk @ 130 Pts
Extra Armour; Earthshaker Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter; Indirect Fire Capability

Models in Army: 105
Total Roster Cost: 2000

So.....what do you think?

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
I like it

I like it,

i have to admit that I printed your roster off so that I could take a better look. It seems to be quite elegant. there is variety and interest. I think you may find it tough only having 100 models at 2000 points but then that's the way it goes.

This list is pretty tooled up and I would love to see if it works or not.

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Zarahemna
I don't think I've ever heard of an army (except maybe Eldar) being elegant before.

Any other responses?

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
I also think its nice
As to regards about its effectiveness, I'm not really a fan of giving grunt sergeants shotguns or mixing flamers with heavy weapons.
It might be sort of straying from the rest of the army's weapons style, but personally I would add a couple of lascannons. AV14 can be a pain at times, and at least for me, missiles just don't always cut it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I like the list, but i would give the sgt. normal lasgun..... shotguns gust dont cut it form me.
the assault 2 is nice, but the overall stats arent usful in my opinion

It seems very organized and well put together. I would be honored to fight by you anytime ;Y

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.