Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggest, this is what I'm looking at for my standard 2000 point tournament list. I have a few comments/concerns at the bottom of this post.

HQ

• Company Command Squad – x4 Melta, Chimera (ML/HF) – 145
  • Inquisitor Lord – Bolt Pistol, CCW, Psychic Hood, x2 Mystics, x3 Warriors (Heavy Bolters) – 154

Elite

• Psyker Battle Squad – x7 Psykers, Chimera (ML/HB ) - 145

Troops

• Veteran Squad – x3 Melta, Chimera (ML/HF) – 155
  • Veteran Squad – x3 Melta, Chimera (ML/HF) – 155
  • Veteran Squad – x3 Plasma, Chimera (ML/HF) – 170
  • Infantry Platoon
    • Platoon Command Squad – Autocannon – 40
    • Infantry Squad – Autocannon, Chimera (ML/HB ) – 115
    • Infantry Squad – Autocannon – 60
    • Special Weapon Squad – x3 Flamers – 50
    • Special Weapon Squad – x3 Flamers – 50

Fast Attack

• Vendetta – Heavy Bolters – 140
  • Vendetta – Heavy Bolters - 140

Heavy Support

• Demolisher – Hull Heavy Flamer – xxx
  • Demolisher – Hull Heavy Flamer – xxx
  • Hydra Battery (x2) – 150

Total: 1999

I-Lord: The line squad chimera goes with these guys. I took this guy for the psychic hood and deepstrike defense. With all the emphasis on psychic abilities in the game now and crazy deep-strike stuff around, I think this guy is now a staple. I was thinking of taking 3 plasma warriors in addition to the mystics, but the Heavy Bolters give me range and serious dakka. Any thoughts one way or the other?

Psykers: Honestly I just like these. Yes there is are a lot of fearless units out there, but the chance to make something run (even against marines to shake them off of an objective or force them just out of assault range is gold).

Hydras: While I do love these things, I can't shake this weird need to have another S10 ordinance gun on the field (Demo/Medusa/Maticore) or a colossus to ignore cover saves. Thoughts?

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
All in all thats a rather fine list you have there Mr hockeyman. One thing that, to me anyway, stands out is the INQ lord.

You're paying alot of points for this fella and his psychic hood. Are psykers that scary to your list you need to spend upwards of 50pts just to possibly have the chance to negate a Psychic power? Most of your most threatening units are in vehicles and most powers affect troopers. You could grab just a normal INQ, with the sages and the warriors and that would shave off some points for something else. Maybe a commissar to keep the Line squads in line?
Maybe i just don't play tournaments enough. Are psykers that much of a big deal now?

The other thing, which to be fair is here nor there. You don't really need 7 Psykers in athe PBS. 6 is enough to wound everything on 2's and -6Ld is more than enough to make units go bye bye.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
List is pretty good. I personally like 10 Pskers so I can get a Demolisher blast if I want to shoot them instead.

If you are going to take =][= Lord or Elite, add a Psycannon to him. Fits perfectly with your three HBs.

Once you run with Hydra or an Exterminator, you won't switch back. The range and ability to kill transports is manditory nowadays IMO.

Cheers, DH

·
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
All in all thats a rather fine list you have there Mr hockeyman. One thing that, to me anyway, stands out is the INQ lord.

You're paying alot of points for this fella and his psychic hood. Are psykers that scary to your list you need to spend upwards of 50pts just to possibly have the chance to negate a Psychic power? Most of your most threatening units are in vehicles and most powers affect troopers. You could grab just a normal INQ, with the sages and the warriors and that would shave off some points for something else. Maybe a commissar to keep the Line squads in line?
Maybe i just don't play tournaments enough. Are psykers that much of a big deal now?
I guess I'm mostly looking at the new tyranids book and also looking over Space Wolves where the Psychic powers are just a little bit nuts. Being able to deny something like catalyst, dominion, zoanthrope powers, living lightning, JotWW, and most of the eldar buffs have done a lot to swing games in my favor. The hood just has less of an effect on the elite Inquisitor, most thing out there with psychic power have LD9 or 10. A LD8 psychic hood doesn't really have a large chance to neutralize psychic power relaibly.

Granted that is only 3 armies out of many, but stopping libraians and chaos sorcerers/demon princes is plenty useful as well. I'm just really wary about going to a tournament without some psyker defense, especially since the trend of codicies seems to be that psycic powers are a getting much better.

The other thing, which to be fair is here nor there. You don't really need 7 Psykers in athe PBS. 6 is enough to wound everything on 2's and -6Ld is more than enough to make units go bye bye.
This is true. Maybe a grenade launcher for each squad?

Not sure about getting the points for a commissar. Most of the time if the platoon gets assaulted I actually want them to break so the enemy is stuck facing a wall of guns after regrouping. They always end up in cover as well so I'm not so worried about dying to long-range.

Might be a thing to consider near the end of the game to make sure they don't run off of an objective, I'll think about it. Thanks for input.

Rep

List is pretty good. I personally like 10 Pskers so I can get a Demolisher blast if I want to shoot them instead.

If you are going to take =][= Lord or Elite, add a Psycannon to him. Fits perfectly with your three HBs.
Indeed, I have crunch a landraider with a squad of 9 psykers before (had nothing that need leadership nuking and no better target). :soldier:

Psycannon would be an idea. Tis very pricey in the points department however.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Psykers,
Nah thats fair enough. I'm not much of a tournament player so if you feel the need then carry on. I've only played a Wolf list once and Eldar are just a thing that people don't play around here. As for Tyranids, they're not that scary once you've played them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts