Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2500-ish Competitive CSM

So I wanted to throw a list together for competitive play. After some review and thought, the pure NM lists I've built aren't quite up to tourney standards. This list here is pretty diverse, having PMs, NMs, and Zerkers, which all hopefully can contribute to make the list work. Any suggestions to make the list better?

HQ:
Daemon Prince - 160
Wings, MoS, Warptime

Daemon Prince - 160
Wings, MoS, Warptime

Elites:
3 Termies - 105
3 Combi-Weapons

3 Termies - 105
3 Combi-Weapons

Troops:
10 CSM - 220
Champ w/ PF, IoCG, 2 Meltaguns
Rhino - 35

10 CSM - 220
Rhino - 35

7 Plauge Marines - 231
Champ w/ PF, 2 Plasma Guns
Rhino - 35

7 Plauge Marines - 231
Rhino - 35

8 Noise Marines - 205
Champ w/ PW, Doom Siren
Rhino - 35

8 Berserkers - 208
Champ w/ PF
Rhino - 35

Heavy Support:
2 Oblits - 150

2 Oblits - 150

2 Oblits - 150

Total: 2505

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
No comments? :(
Anyhow, I redid the list a bit and I think it looks a bit better:

HQ:
Daemon Prince - 155
Wings, MoS, Lash

Daemon Prince - 155
Wings, Mos, Lash

Greater Daemon - 100

Troops:
10 CSM - 210
Champ w/ PW, IoS, 2 Flamers
Rhino - 35

7 Plauge Marines - 221
Champ w/ PF, 2 Meltaguns
Rhino - 35

7 Plauge Marines - 221
Champ w/ PF, 2 Meltaguns
Rhino - 35

6 Noise Marines - 160
Blastmaster
Rhino - 50
Havoc Launcher

8 Berserkers - 223
Champ w/ PF, Plasma Pistol (not on champ)
Rhino - 35

8 Berserkers - 223
Champ w/ PF, Plasma Pistol (not on champ)
Rhino - 35

Heavy Support:
3 Oblits - 225

3 Oblits - 225

Defiler w/ 2 CCWs - 150

Total: 2493

So here's how the list works. My DPs hide behind the wall of 6 Rhinos and Lash my opponent's units around. The Rhinos will advance with the Zerkers and MoS CSM in front, which smash into infantry units. The Greater Daemon can be summoned through the CSM or a Zerker champ (preferably the CSM one) and tear up units in CC. My PMs will go tank hunting and support the other units by shooting to weaken them. The Blastmaster NM squad hangs back in their Rhino and camps objectives, lauching pie plates at lashed units. Oblits can hang back and pop armor and drop plasma templates, or DS if needed. The Defiler adds to the template onslaught until enemies get too close or until the battle cannon is destroyed; then it'll charge and support my other CC units.

·
Master of the Universe
251 Posts
Aristo,
I have never run noise marines, so i cannot vouch for them, but aside from that, I have played everything else here.

The Good
-6 rhinos
-Defiler
-Obliterators
-Power fists in troops choices
-Daemon Princes as HQ

The Bad
-Plasma pistol on the berzerker squad. It is pretty much just a beefed up anti infantry weapon. With a power fist in the unit, it is kind of unnecessary.
-Havoc Launcher on rhino. Waste of points.

The Meh
-6 Obliterators. I would reduce this to 3.
-Only one defiler. Replace an oblit squad with another one of these beasts.
-Greater Daemon. For the points, he is ok. Just ok.
-No terminators or Dreads. If you remove an obliterator squad, as well as the daemon, you could certainly add another defiler as well as a small terminator squad or a dreadnought.

Hope this helps you bud, cheers!

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Aristo, I actually liked the first list better. I would suggest using that last except changing out two of the oblit squads for defilers, then it should be perfect!

·
The balding drunkard
671 Posts
I too liked the first list better. As for the GD if he gets summoned in early...he can easily get his points back. I've shredded quite a few squads with one GD in a single game. I mean its hit or miss like it is with any unit. You just have to make sure that when he comes in...he is at least close enough to charge or get into combat...so that he doesnt get shot up easily. In the first list I would drop two of the oblit squads...for defilers, or predators, either one works. Predators have better armor for your rhinos, defiler has a better cannon. I would also drop one of the termi squads to bump the other one up to 4 with fist, and flamer, and plasmas or meltas. And give them IoCG so they dont go running off with all of your points. You pay quite a bit of points per model in those squads...you dont want them running off before they do any real damage.

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
I can vouch for the noise marines. The get their job done, if used in a gun line, or assualt oriented role! Both combat roles require very differant squad builds. It looks like you are using them in an assualt roll. So here is how you should run them.

Noise marines x6
Aspiring Champ with Power weapon and doom siren
Rhino

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, so here are the changes you suggested:

HQ:
Daemon Prince - 160
Wings, MoS, Warptime

Daemon Prince - 160
Wings, MoS, Warptime

Elites:
5 Termies - 200
4 Combi-Weapons, Heavy Flamer, Chainfist, IoCG

Troops:
10 CSM - 220
Rhino - 35

10 CSM - 220
Rhino - 35

7 Plauge Marines - 231
Rhino - 35

7 Plauge Marines - 231
Rhino - 35

8 Noise Marines - 205
Champ w/ PW, Doom Siren
Rhino - 35
(I left this squad at 8 since I felt 6 might be too small. However, if I wanted to roll with 'sacred numbers,' I could very well take 6.)

8 Berserkers - 208
Champ w/ PF
Rhino - 35

Heavy Support:
2 Oblits - 150

Defiler w/ 2 CCWs - 150

Defiler w/ 2 CCWs - 150

Total: 2495 (Not above the maximum anymore!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts