light armour

5 warhounds

5 warhounds

5 furies

tuskgor chariot

tuskgor chariot

spawn of chaos
khorne

basically i cant decide what to do with the last 200 points anyone got any ideas,
i could get a hero to fill it up almost exactly but i cant see how much use another one would be.
perhaps a sorcerer for some scrolls, but then i hate going unfluffy like that.

· Son of LO
4,714 Posts
only 1 unit with 4 ranks ? and only 2 unit over 5 models ?

Chaos chariots are far supperior to tuskgor chariots, the crew will get 4 S 5 attack with the mark of khorne, and add a dispell dice. 2 strength 4 steed is also a nice feature.

· Registered
665 Posts
I'm afraid it's illegal to have armour of damnation and an enchanted shield, so one of those has to go. Also, as wolfpack recently pointed out to me, Blade of Blood isn't that great, and a better choice would be something like axe of khorne. I don't know why you wouldn't get a musician for your warriors, it can be useful you know. And you should increase the size of the unit. Your only fully ranked unit is your marauders, which aren't that tough anyways. But you should definitley invest in a little more staying power.

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok first off, it isnt illegal the rules for the enchanted shield state it can be combined with other magic armour.
axe of khorne means that any roll of a 6 to wound kills them out right, but the blade of blood keeps him alive, he protects the flank of the unit very well.

i dont like giving my chariots marks of khorne, because all the opponent has to do is put a unit behind a wall or partly inside a wood and bye bye chariot waste of points.

tuskgor chariots arent actually that inferior, on the charge they have 2 s5 attacks 1 s4 and 1 s6 where as the chaos one has 2 s5 and 2 s4, its just that after the charge yes tuskgor chariots are much worse.

if i beef up the warrior unit any more then that would use up all my points, they can make up the one combat resolution very easily.

the reason there arent really any units over 5 is because, warhounds are just too hard to manouvre over 5 guys strong, and furies are mainly for warmachine hunting and 5 pretty much cuts it.

sorry the thing with the musician is because the warrior unit i just copied and pasted from my 1500 points list and to fit it in 1500 i didnt include one, ill add one.

so how about within that last 200 points add another unit of maruaders and increase a couple of unit sizes?

· Son of LO
4,714 Posts
A second unit of marauders will definitly help you static combat resolution.

Also, your chosen don't need those additional hand weapons, the sheilds will kep them effectively alive, and save you 45 points. (more warriors, or more marauders)

I still find the tuskgor chariots out of flavour, unless you bring in a beast herd.

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm, i cant see a beast herd achieving anything at all, they dont even negate ranks do they.

i have considered dropping them, its just that like you said they are lacking ranks, so up against a horde style unit they lose out on combat res, so i let them rip with their additional hand make up for the lack of ranks, and then if we are fighting something harder then they of course use their shields.

· Son of LO
4,714 Posts
grimgor137 said:
hmm, i cant see a beast herd achieving anything at all, they dont even negate ranks do they.

i have considered dropping them, its just that like you said they are lacking ranks, so up against a horde style unit they lose out on combat res, so i let them rip with their additional hand make up for the lack of ranks, and then if we are fighting something harder then they of course use their shields.
yes they do. beast herds are skirmishers that for ranks, up to 2. This is the raider rule.

from 3 to 4 attacks there isn't much of a difference, but it will make a difference for the 4+ to 2+. Again, this will also sve you a good amount of points.

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the only units that dont, cant have it

and that doesnt mean you cant take any unit unless you give it the mark of khorne, it means you cant give it marks of nurgle

· Tabletop Terraformer
1,411 Posts
Demonica said:
Not all of your squads have Mark Of Khrone (KHORNE!), it states that if your General has a specific mark then your entire army has to is well.
:blink:​

Please, please read the rules!! For the love of the Gods, read the rules!
Your entire army does not have to be given the Mark of Khorne if your General has it. The rules actually state that if your general has a mark other than Undivided, then all other units in your army must either have the same mark or the mark of Undivided (or no mark at all in the case of units like Marauders and Warhounds).

The army book tells you in no uncertain terms what units can have marks and which ones can't. It also tells you what restrictions are imposed on your army selection if you give your general a mark other than Undivided. I think you've been playing too much 40k and not enough Warhammer ('all of your squads...' in Warhammer they're just called units).

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lord valan said:
Chaos lords are too expensive to have in a 2000pts army ( no affence ment though)
i cant see them as too expensive, i mean you get what you pay for and if i dont take a lord and my opponent takes one, i cant deal with their one in combat i mean a hero is good but not lord status good.

it would be too expensive to fill up all the slots but i believe that it is ok with just a hero and a lord

· Registered
140 Posts
Tzeentch Lord said:
The army book tells you in no uncertain terms what units can have marks and which ones can't. It also tells you what restrictions are imposed on your army selection if you give your general a mark other than Undivided. I think you've been playing too much 40k and not enough Warhammer ('all of your squads...' in Warhammer they're just called units).

Thanks for pointing that out. And I haven't played 40K for 3 months.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.