Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tomb Kings

So Ive been looking through TK list after TK list and finally compiled this one. Now I was going for a pretty balanced list, hoping to compete with all armies. I was thinking about swapping 3 chariots for more tomb swarms/ scorpion and some nice banners. Maybe Undying legion. Also, i like Bone Giants and Tomb Guard but they are more points than i was willing to pay.

Lords:
Tomb King
Sword of Battle
Light Armor
Enchanted Shield
Collar of Shapesh

Heroes:
Hierophant
Cloak of Dunes
Neferra’s Plaques of Mighty Incantations

Liche Priest
Dispell Scroll

Liche Priest
Casket of Souls

Core:
Skeleton Warriors X 21
Hand Weapon, Shields
Musician

Skeleton Warriors X 21
Hand Weapon, Shields
Musician

Chariots X 3

Chariots X 3

Tomb Swarm

Special:
Ushabti X 4

Carrion X 4

Tomb Scorpion

Rare:
Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

Casket of Souls

One thing that has been bothering me is, where to place my ushabti. I've never used them before because 65 points a model is a lot for an ogre.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Instead of Sword of Battle, may i suggest you give your King the Spear of Antarhak and Scorpion Armour, with the Collar of Shapesh and normal shield, extremely survivable:C

Your Heirophant is good but instead of Plaque give him the Heiratic Jar. The other Priests are fine8Y

Your Skeletons are fine8Y

Chariots are ok as they are8Y

Get rid of that Tomb Swarm, either get 2-3 or none:C

Ushabti, good choice:D
Scorpion, excellent choice:D
Carrion, nice8Y

Yep, upgraded SSC, excellent choice:D

Well, if you take the character options, then you are 29 points over, i would say minus a Carrion and Musician you would be fine. My two cents, somone else will probably go more in depth, so dont do anything just yet;Y

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Contrary to the above, definely avoid the Scorpion Armour. Taking it means that you are expecting to loose combat, not a good idea generally. Also the Antarhak spear works better for a Chariot King. As your inititive is quite low anyway, id say either stick to a basic cheap Great Weapon, or go for a Sword of Might for a little extra Str, and magical attacks. Also look at Armour of the Ages. Its a great armour, a 5W Lord is pretty solid.

For a hero Priest, its a fairly even choice between the Mighty Plaques and the Hieratic Jar. Id suggest the Jar though. Possibly give the Plaques to the second priest.

The rest looks fine, the Swarm is a good addition for assisting the Scorp with ICFB.

Dropping 1 Carrion for points is fine, but depending on the above im not sure how far youll be over. Final adjustments are your call obviously, but loosing 2 Skellies from the Kings unit and 1 from the other wont be too bad. Keep the Music if you can.

Good call with the Bone Giant, and the Tomb Guard too to some extent. They are pretty expensve.

As for the Ushabti, yes they are very expensive, but they are pretty awesome whan you learn how to use them right. Also, looking at what you have, a Healable Ogre with S6, not striking last. M and T could be higher ill admit, but they are still pretty good. As for using them, they are great against most things so long as you get the Charge with them, so concentrating your magic there can be a good idea i later turns when the enemy gets close.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I suggested the Scorpion Armour as you seem to deter me from using Armour of the Ages myself, so thats why. I was going to suggest Flail of Skulls also but again i went otherwise, but sword of might is good as well, although perhaps great weapon would be a more viable choice.

Well, you could have 1 unit of 19 skellies, with musician and standard bearer, and the other with just a musician.

I would still suggest dropping 1 Carrion, as the core units are more important, so you wouldnt want them too low.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/images/smilies/happy0161.gif
:) Now I changed my character's equipment, got rid of a carrion, some skellies, and the swarm. I find that it is important to have 2 ICFB units so I replaced the swarm with a scorpion because i originally wanted 2 scorpions anyway, but couldnt find the points.

Lords:
Tomb King
Armour of Ages
Great Weapon
Collar of Shapesh

Heroes:
Hierophant
Cloak of Dunes
Neferra’s Plaques of Mighty Incantations

Liche Priest
Nefarra’s Plaques of Mighty Incantations

Liche Priest
Casket of Souls

Core:
Skeleton Warriors X 19
Hand Weapon, Shields
Musician

Skeleton Warriors X 20
Hand Weapon, Shields
Musician

Chariots X 3

Chariots X 3

Special:

Ushabti X 4

Carrion X 3

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Rare:
Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

Casket of Souls

So i thought of a problem with my list...What do i do if i dont have a hill. where do i put my casket?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry to say that you cant have two of the same items, so you will need to swap one Plaque for something else, i strongly suggest Heiratic Jar. Dont worry about the hill, just improvise, like say a book can be your hill just as long as you tell your opponent. Unfortunately you are also 30 points over, so you will have to drop something, seeing as this is the case drop the Carrions entirely, that leaves you with 40 points to play with. Your King has 40 points open, so give something to him, your choices are:

Crown of Kings: a nice choice, betters your chances of moving your Kings unit faster
Amulet of Pha-Stah: Ok, depends on what character your facing, use this against Mages
Blue Khepra: Another good anti-magic device, your King will be more survivable against those nasty Lore of Fire spells.
Death Mask of Kharnut: Increases your chances of making your opponent run for his life

Golden Ankhra: Gives him the average Ward Save, although dont take a Musician in your 20 skeleton unit if you want to have this.

I hope this helps, its up to you what you give your King if you take the Carrions away. Good luck in your decision:happy:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry i copied it from Microsoft Word and it got messed up, this is what im doin and the total should be 1995. Also, i meant what if there is no hill on my side of the field. where do i place my casket so that my enemy will draw LOS to it? thanks again for helping me with my list! I really appreciate it!

Lords:
Tomb King
Great Weapon
Armour of the Ages
Collar of Shapesh

Heroes:
Hierophant
Cloak of Dunes
Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest
Nefarra’s Plaques of Mighty Incantations

Liche Priest
Casket of Souls

Core:
Skeleton Warriors X 19
Hand Weapon, Shields
Musician

Skeleton Warriors X 20
Hand Weapon, Shields
Musician

Chariots X 3

Chariots X 3

Special:
Ushabti X 4

Carrion X 3

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Rare:
Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

Casket of Souls

·
7,143 Posts
From where im looking the points are bang on, now 1995. I do think, if you are going with HW/S skellies, then your going to have to give them LA too. Otherwise youll be better off with Bowmen.

Apart from that, the list looks good now i think.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where do i get the points from? i could trade in a scorpion for a swarm and have just enough points to give them LA... but i really like the scorpions.

·
Registered
237 Posts
what army are you playing against?
This is a good army for figthing a gunline armies with low Ld (if you take bow's on you skeletons). But as it looks now you are wait for en other player to move over the table and the charge and counter charge him.

·
7,143 Posts
Bow skellies still make as good a sponge unit as guys with just HW/S, considering they will often be fighting enemies with a Str greater than 3.

If you want the LA, looking at it your list is very similiar to mine actually. Same units, same stuff. I just dont take much wrgear on my Characters. However, ill go back on my earlier word and now say loose the Armour of Ages, then your points should be bang on for LA.

Oh, and as for the Casket placement with no hill, just set it up next to the SSC as normal, and then have units either side (skellies) for protection.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Go with Deciever, he knows what hes talking about;) I still say just use a book on your side of the field, but if you are using an already made table then just tur it round to your side;)

·
7,143 Posts
Ofcourse, and you are perfectly able to do so. The lack of a hill is dependant on terrain, not the enemy, you just ahve to roll with it if you dont get a hill.

Also, if you do get a hill, doesnt mean you have to use it. Your oponant will probably assume you will, hence set up to counter it, but if there is a more advantageous place for your main deploymen then use a refused flank tactic. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i want to be able to take on all comers. i think dwarves might be hard, high ld so the casket wil be useless, and my army is a little slow. also they have strong anti magic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok sweet. Dude, my list is ur list... i need to switch this up a bit. same characters, same units... the ONLY difference is the amount of models in the units... what do u think i should do? do i need the carrion? cuz i think 2 ICFB units can handle crew.

·
7,143 Posts
Haha, erm, yea... oops. 2 Scorps will be fine most of the time i think, youll just have to hope harder that neither misfires. What else would you get in place of the Carrion?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dont know, ive been lookin through the TK army book, but i cant really find anything that really catches my eye. i could add LA, and maybe boost up a unit of warriors. maybe get some cav. hmmm, haha i could get 3 Scorpions... idk, im open for suggestions. :D

·
7,143 Posts
Have you tried this current list out much?? Give it a good test run, see what works and what doesnt, and what you like and what you dont. Then from there, take another look at your options and see what you could do with having.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts