Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the Forbidden Lore opens so many doors to the Vampires, as unlike other races who can pick spells from any Lore, this ability lets you know ALL the spells from the Lore. Every race has one Lore they don't like being used against them, or if they are very well rounded, the Vamps would use the Lore of Vampires to Raise up their skellie units to mega units. The idea is that the Vampires use their Power Stones for two turns to churn out the biggest spell in the Lore to blitz the opponent. That's 4 Wizards using 4 dice for two turns as even the Level 1 Vampires can do this due to the power stones. Turn one should see all the Scrolls go and turn two should be much more impressive. Once the big threats are down, or much degraded, The skellies are around to mop up supported by the Corpse Carts and Vargulf. Sure there'll be a few miscasts, but boy would it be fun!

Power Dice: 10 (16 more from Power Stones)
Dispel Dice: 7

Vampire Lord
Level 3 Wizard
Forbidden Lore
Dipsel Scroll
Power Stone
Power Stone
Master Of The Black Arts
Accursed Armour

Vampire
Forbidden Lore
Lord Of The Dead
Power Stone
Power Stone
Talisman Of Lycni

Vampire
Forbidden Lore
Lord Of The Dead
Power Stone
Power Stone

Vampire
Forbidden Lore
Lord Of The Dead
Power Stone
Power Stone

Skeletons x20
Full Command
Spears
Banner Of Hellfire

Skeletons x20
Full Command
Spears
Banner Of The Dead Legion

Skeletons x20
Full Command
Spears

Corpse Cart
BaleFire

Corpse Cart

Vargulf

C&C appreciated!

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Magic blitz indeed! My only comments would be to start out with bigger core units. We've all had games where our vampires crapped out in the magic phase. I always liked to have one big unit that I knew wouldn't need any attention from my magic users in the way of Invocation. That let me withstand poor magic phases and put my spells to use somewhere else.

It's also hard for me to go without dire wolves or fell bats, but if your magic works, you'll have flankers and war machines taken care of. I just don't like relying on an if.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.