Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have tried a full 2000 point mech list previously, but have not had the success i had hoped for. In turn I have modified somewhat to drop the Banshees and Fire Dragons in their Wave Serpents. In it's place is a single Wave Serpent carrying a Seer Council of Death for the most part. Also, I have given Shadowstrike back to the Scorpion Exarch so that they may Outflank. Being in a Serpent, it probably won't matter what side of the board they come in on as i can run flat out to wherever I need to go.

Anyhow, here is the list.

Eldar - 2000 - Mech Council

HQ: Farseer - Doom; Fortune; Runes of Warding; Spirit Stones

HQ: Warlock Unit
1 Warlock - Enhance
1 Warlock - Embolden
1 Warlock - Destructor
1 Warlock - Destructor
1 Warlock - Singing Spear
1 Warlock - Embolden
Wave Serpent - Spirit Stones; Star Engines; TL Scatter Lasers

HQ: Yriel, Prince

Elite: Striking Scorpions [10]
Striking Scorpion Exarch - Shadowstrike; Stalker; Scorpion Claw
Wave Serpent - Spirit Stones; TL Scatter Lasers

Troops: Dire Avengers [8]
Dire Avenger Exarch - Bladestorm; 2 Avenger SC
Wave Serpent - Spirit Stones; TL Missile Launchers

Dire Avenger Exarch - Bladestorm; 2 Avenger SC

Troops: Storm Guardians [10]
10 Storm Guardians - Flamer x2
1 Warlock - Destructor

Heavy Support: Fire Prism - Spirit Stones
Heavy Support: Fire Prism - Spirit Stones

Total Roster Cost: 1998

Everything starts off board and comes in reserve or on turn one in DoW. Scorps still outflank.

One thing I'm looking at doing is swapping one DA squad out with another SG squad. Just waiting on models right now.

Comments are always welcomed and appreciated =)

·
1,059 Posts
Only 6 warlocks in the council right? If so this is the one thing I would want to change. Perhaps removing the destructors and a few scorpions to get this up to full strength. It would leave the scorpions under strength also which is something I don't like at all for melee units though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input nakaruru! I believe you are right about the strength of the Council. But due to a philosophy shift I have only been able to bring in two more warlocks. Here's a newer version of the list for your critique.

Eldar - 2000 - Mech Council - 3 Prisms

HQ: Farseer - Fortune; Runes of Warding; Runes of Witnessing

HQ: Warlock Unit [8]
Warlock - Enhance
Warlock - Embolden
Warlock - Embolden
Warlock - Singing Spear
Warlock - Destructor
Warlock - Destructor
Warlock
Warlock
Wave Serpent- Spirit Stones; TL Shuriken Cannons

HQ: Autarch - Mandiblaster; Power Weapon; Shuriken Pistol; Fusion Gun

Elite: Striking Scorpions [10]
Striking Scorpion Exarch - Shadowstrike; Stalker; Scorpion Claw;
Wave Serpent - Spirit Stones; Shuriken Cannon; TL Scatter Lasers

Wave Serpent - Spirit Stones; Shuriken Cannon; TL Missile Launchers

Troops: Storm Guardians [10]
10 Storm Guardians - Flamer x2
1 Warlock - Destructor

Heavy Support: Fire Prism

Total Roster Cost: 1999

In this case, I'm devoting more resurces to making the Wave Serpents into acutal battle tanks instead of simple transports. As well, I have added a third Fire Prism to further increase my alpha strike capabilities.

Due to these additions, I've dropped the DA exarchs and down graded Yriel to an Autarch with Fusion Gun, Power Weapon, and Mandiblaster. Also, I had to lose Doom and Spirit Stones on the Farseer, but dooming a unit about to get hit by Witchblades is a tad redundant. This way I can still get some, possibly, 3 way AT out of the Seer council, still get my +1 reserve roll, and further increase my damage potential with my Serpents. The only thing really losing out is my DA's. Though in all honesty I never got the serpent o' fury tactic down so I'm not missing it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My thoughts:

-For a rule of thumb, if you're not maxing out Dire Avengers, then keep them at a minimum, trim them down to 5 per squad.
-And you can either take out Shadow Strike or take out the Wave Serpent. I'd take out the Shadow Strike. Replace the Striking Scorpions Wave Serpent Scatter Laser into Shuriken Cannon, to save points, plus they should be heading close to enemy squads anyways.
-Take out the Shuriken Cannons from the Dire Avenger Wave Serpents, I see it counter-productive to have a 24" cannon shooting along with a 48" since both might not be able to shoot, and they should be staying out of range anyways until last turn.
-Take out EMLs from the Storm Guardian tank and replace it with Shuriken Cannon, since the Wave Serpent should be close to the enemy so you can drop triple flamer templates.
-And possibly take out the Autarch's Fusion Gun, I don't think you want him popping tanks at that range, then being open for an attack. But then again if he is with the Striking Scorpions he should be stuck in CC anyways.
-And you might want to take out the Embolden from that second warlock, I don't see why you need two.

With all these points free I say it's best to take out one Warlock and that will allow you to squeeze in a minimum squad of Fire Dragons in a TL Shuriken Cannon Wave Serpent for more anti tank options besides the EML. If needed you can take out some Spirit Stones and one more Warlock to increase the Fire Dragon squad number to add more AT effectiveness. I found a Seer Council of 6 to be just as about effective anyways without overkilling.

Besides those thoughts, 3 Prisms is always nice and so is the Seer Council. You might want to take the Night Spinner for a drive. I used it and it slows down your opponent unless they enjoy taking dangerous terrain tests.

Hopefully my thoughts can help you balance your list a bit.

·
1,273 Posts
My thoughts:

-For a rule of thumb, if you're not maxing out Dire Avengers, then keep them at a minimum, trim them down to 5 per squad.good advice
-And you can either take out Shadow Strike or take out the Wave Serpent. I'd take out the Shadow Strike. Replace the Striking Scorpions Wave Serpent Scatter Laser into Shuriken Cannon, to save points, plus they should be heading close to enemy squads anyways. good advice in my opinnion
-Take out the Shuriken Cannons from the Dire Avenger Wave Serpents, I see it counter-productive to have a 24" cannon shooting along with a 48" since both might not be able to shoot, and they should be staying out of range anyways until last turn.nope. EML can be defensive weapons and you can shoot the cannon and the eml while moving 12 inches at infantery. And yeah from turn 3 yu`ll be for sure in 24" range anyway even if you`re not approaching the enemy directly
-Take out EMLs from the Storm Guardian tank and replace it with Shuriken Cannon, since the Wave Serpent should be close to the enemy so you can drop triple flamer templates.agreed. good advice
-And possibly take out the Autarch's Fusion Gun, I don't think you want him popping tanks at that range, then being open for an attack. But then again if he is with the Striking Scorpions he should be stuck in CC anyways.nope. one outflanking do not work on autarchs second for the autarch to charge it needs to open a transoprt first and the extreme low AT firepower of this list makes me cry
-And you might want to take out the Embolden from that second warlock, I don't see why you need two.this is a debate as somethimes you`re needed to take wounds on the embolden warlock and lose one. here is at OP feelings

With all these points free I say it's best to take out one Warlock and that will allow you to squeeze in a minimum squad of Fire Dragons in a TL Shuriken Cannon Wave Serpent for more anti tank options besides the EMLgood advice. OP try that surely. If needed you can take out some Spirit Stones and one more Warlock to increase the Fire Dragon squad number to add more AT effectiveness. I found a Seer Council of 6 to be just as about effective anyways without overkilling.debateble depending on play style and opponents

Besides those thoughts, 3 Prisms is always nice and so is the Seer Council. You might want to take the Night Spinner for a drive. I used it and it slows down your opponent unless they enjoy taking dangerous terrain tests.hmmmm. not in my oppinion

Hopefully my thoughts can help you balance your list a bit.
Op should look at AT firepower as he has very little to none. 1 spear 1 melta 3 missiles 3 prisms 19 S6 shots is very very low

1 - 5 of 5 Posts