Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to make a list that would mess up target priority for armies, and since I'm used to fielding armies with maxed out troop choices, I would try a tank heavy chaos list.

Daemon Prince - Wings, MoN, Warptime
Daemon Prince - Wings, MoS, Lash of Submission

Dreadnought - TL Hvy Bolter, Hvy Flamer

Land Raider
Defiler
Vindicator - Daemonic Possession

Berserkers x 10 - Champ w/ PFist (in Land Raider)
Plague Marines x 10 - 2 Meltas, Champ w/ PFist, Rhino
CSM x 10 - MoCG, 2 Flamers, Champ w/ PFist, Rhino

1995 points

·
4,967 Posts
Looks good. I would drop possession and take plasmas on the PMs and meltas on the CSMs.

The dreads are unreliable and the weapons are hardly overpowering. Drop 2 for another troop choice would be my choice. If you want to keep them considder autocannon as they are better against vehicles and still not too bad against your own infantry.

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
My main criticism is no redundancy. It's easy to pick apart when someone needs to stop and you don't have much backup, except for your slow moving, largely ineffectual Dreads.

CSM don't have Drop Pods so Dreads are pretty bad for them imo. I'd replace them all with more Troops, 3 isn't so hot in 2000. Consider doubling up on your heavies, either 2 Defilers or Vindies.

Messing up target priority doesn't exist against smart players, you just have to ensure you have what you need to get the job done. Against this army I know exactly where each shot in my army is going before we even begin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts